Emu tsv 22/09/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
Just have seen tall EMU boots in an ad, hoping they will be a TSV at a reasonable price.

...And easy payments :)
Looking at them I'm thinking they may be anything between £120 - £180

The TSV is on the monthly newsletter, Waterproof Boots. emu.jpg

I've missed a very good deal on UGGs last year, they are now sold out and I don't fancy anything else from what they have now. The ones I like are too expensive

I've missed a very good deal on UGGs last year, they are now sold out and I don't fancy anything else from what they have now. The ones I like are too expensive

MANDM do uggs cheaply and are a registered stockist. very good service and fast free delivery

i bought some emu slippers last year and they are lovley...but ive decided i will go to shops to buy winter slippers in future ...asda george 6 pounds for the emu\ugg looking slippers ...they are very warm ...wont last as long but they will certainly do me and have not becomne too dirty as a nice chestnut brown colour....my emus got a bit grubby ....time will tell if i have to keep replacing myasda ones but im happy so far....i love uggs etc ..cant beat the warmth outside but for inside 6 quid suits me fine ...

I do really like my EMU boots, bought them off QVC almost two years ago and they still look like new. I also have UGG boots from a few years ago and they are still decent. I have the EMU slippers and after wearing them everyday for eighteen months they are starting to look worn down. I had hoped for slippers in the upcoming TSV but maybe next time.

I bought my daughters and myself some mini uggs from mandm and we use them as slippers I would imagine for the £69 I paid for them I will get many years of wear

I do really like my EMU boots, bought them off QVC almost two years ago and they still look like new. I also have UGG boots from a few years ago and they are still decent. I have the EMU slippers and after wearing them everyday for eighteen months they are starting to look worn down. I had hoped for slippers in the upcoming TSV but maybe next time.
tykechick, how do you compare Emu and UGGs quality?

marina I hope you don't mind my take on the differences. I have had both. emu sheepskin is very good but the soles wear down quite badly for me within two months. also my nieces ones were badly worn within 6 months. also the fit is not as good on emu. they come off when I walk. uggs are cut neater so the fit is very good and they don't go baggy and slip. try both on and you will understand the difference. buying from qvc also mean the prices are high in fact as expensive as uggs

tykechick, how do you compare Emu and UGGs quality?

For me I find the lining in the EMU softer and the base of the boot has stayed firm throughout the time I have owned my pair. The base on my UGG boots is now wearing however I still wear both pairs just prefer my EMU's.

I haven't tried either Uggs or Emu because of two reasons. Firstly the price, and also I can't get past how ugly they are. Also although I spend a lot of my time with bare feet, I can't believe that if you wear these boots without socks that they won't get grubby and smelly eventually. So how do you clean the inside?

I do like the boot idea that you can wear with jeans or jeggings. I would never consider wearing leggings out, or wear boots with a skirt. So this year I have bought the Clarks boot:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Clarks-Nettle-...c=106090-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-106090

Same look, smarter and far better price.

I have loads of uggs and have bought emu's in the past. they never ever get smelly. truly they don't. you can wear them without socks but I am precious about them and usually wear them with socks. my sister bought three pairs of the jolie emu slipper and after a few months the sheepskin wore down at the back of the sole. there were a lot of bad reviews on them. she returned them to qvc. they cost around £ 50 I would pay the extra and buy an ugg pair. they will last a long long time.

I haven't tried either Uggs or Emu because of two reasons. Firstly the price, and also I can't get past how ugly they are. Also although I spend a lot of my time with bare feet, I can't believe that if you wear these boots without socks that they won't get grubby and smelly eventually. So how do you clean the inside?

I do like the boot idea that you can wear with jeans or jeggings. I would never consider wearing leggings out, or wear boots with a skirt. So this year I have bought the Clarks boot:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Clarks-Nettle-...c=106090-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-106090

Ooh I like those. Very tempted

They are expensive and my feet feel as though they are flopping about inside both brands of ugly boots. For that reason I can't wear them, although I'm not keen on the appearance of them either. By the way, I see an orthotist as i have to have special insoles made and he recommends using tea tree oil diluted with water to keep shoes fresh.

Latest posts

Back