Rejected reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I've had one or two 1 to 5-star reviews rejected and can't understand which rules I've infringed. To make my point I've rejigged the review without altering the content and got round it that way but it sometimes seems a bit random. Has anyone else noticed this? They didn't like me saying in one that bad stitching on some boots had rubbed a blister on my heel (which they did) - that I can understand, I suppose! but I thought reviews are supposed to be honest?! :confused3:

It is a total mystery how the review system works. I have ones rejected whilst other reviews have been much worse than mine. I have fought to have some reinstated just out of principle.

I had a five star review rejected so I contacted them and asked why. What I had inadvertently done was give the price of a competitive item (showing the good value of the purchase at QVC).

If it happens again, I suggest you contact them and ask why.

I had a five star review rejected so I contacted them and asked why. What I had inadvertently done was give the price of a competitive item (showing the good value of the purchase at QVC).

If it happens again, I suggest you contact them and ask why.
I agree. I've had a couple of reviews rejected on the first attempt. I contacted them to find out why. One was because I had made it time-sensitive by mentioning that it was a TSV and the other was due to my comparing two QVC products by name. And, to be fair, both had been warned against on the review guidelines. I just hadn't read them in a while. And both of mine were 5-Star.

On each occasion, I contacted QVC and their replies were the same each time: your review breached one of the guidelines. So what they were, I will never know. Nor do I trust their review system now.

surely you have right to know what the guidelines are.....my decleor review was regected becaue i praised that and said i will use instead of liz earle as it suits my skin more ...

On each occasion, I contacted QVC and their replies were the same each time: your review breached one of the guidelines. So what they were, I will never know. Nor do I trust their review system now.

That is what I was told but I had kept to tbe guidelines so I was ****** mad and went at it like a dog with a bone and refused to give in until they apologised and reinstated it.. Didn't bother reviewing after tbat.

surely you have right to know what the guidelines are.....my decleor review was regected becaue i praised that and said i will use instead of liz earle as it suits my skin more ...

While your review was accurate from your point of view, they were bound to reject it because you named another brand (and it's also one they sell) but had you compared the reviewed product to 'other brands' you've used in the past, it would have gone through. It's just down to the wording.
I've not had a review turned down yet (not all were 5 star ones either) and it's really down to how you say it, even when being less than complimentary. Don't mention price or other brands or similar items by same manufacturer and your half way there, as they only want a product review not a comparison and it's a fine line that they draw between these too things. IYKWIM

That sounds a bit preachy but it's not meant to, and I hope I haven't offended you as I was just trying to be helpful. :whew:

Last edited:
I have had lots of reviews rejected for no good reason, that's why it annoys me when Chuntley says they all go up there. And when she says if someone didn't give a 5 star review it's only because the person didn't like the colour or the box it came in. She just can't seem to accept that some people actually aren't pleased with the product they received and that's why they didn't give it 5 stars.

I had a review rejected recently and I'm assuming it's because I dared to criticize Alison Young for banging on about UltraSun being a once a day product. I thought this was misleading. I thought, and still do, that i was making a valid point.

Latest posts

Back