The Lulu Guiness handbags are gorgeous - love the patent cherry red Franka

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I know how you feel iloveshopping! I do like the look of the high shine patents BUT twice I have ordered LG bags and although I have liked when they arrived the 'LIKE' wasn't enough to pay the price, so they were returned ( at some expense)Perhaps it is my lifestyle now it just doesn't justify spending this sort of cash? If you so give in I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of your purchase.

I Love Shopping - if you don't want to pay full price there are some bargains to be had on ebay. I have recently sold 7 of my collection at a fraction of the original price and in perfect, as new condition! As long as there are plenty of photos and the seller has good feedback, it's definitely worth going for it :grin:

I can totally vouch for her designs, although I am down to 3 now.....I streamlined!! But the 3 I have kept - one is a classic and my sort of investment piece, one is a summer classic bag and the other is an ancient, battered work bag!

I love the quirkier designs like the 'shop front' bags... when I use mine they just make me smile and so they are worth it for making the daily grind just a bit more bearable. :sun:

They are beautiful handbags, I have three (none purchased from le Q though) and can't fault them at all. I have the lips print Carmella, I use it every day, have done for the past year and a half and it still looks good as new. I also have the star pleated Stella clutch which always gets compliments when it's taken out for an evening and I have the devore bow wanda which is also beautiful.

Lulu's handbags may be pricey but she is right, you get what you pay for, they are well made and last the test of time. Oh heck, I'm talking myself into that raspberry Amelia!

I must be the only one who doesn't like her bags.
I didn't either but those shiny patent ones are growing on me. I bought one in a fabric but it was too heavy to carry comfortably.
I went to Bicester outlet village but didn't see anything I liked. They did have some of the shop front ones just in this was about 4 weeks ago.
I bought a nice umbrella though

If you are not sure on the authenticity of a bag on ebay The Purse Forum is a good resource. I don't mind her designs but have never been keen on patent in any range not just Lulu's. It looks stunning but I am mindful of needing to keep it looking pristine. I carry my designer handbags every day and don't keep them for special occasions and whereas a vintage / battered leather look can be chic, battered patent leather is not such a good look IMO. I'd be interested to know from those that have them how the patent stands up to regular every day use.

I have a Guess red patent non leather handbag and sadly the patent has started to wear at the corners. Luckily it was a bargain and was new when I bought it and I got a fair amount of wear out of it.

I have the franka in the raspberry colour, got it from the Bay second hand, but it was in very good condition, I don't use it every day but have used it a lot and it has hardly worn at all, I have got it in the red as well, but that does not get used that much, it is a lovely bag though and one that makes you feel good when you use it, sounds daft but it does, x

I've been a very bad girl and ordered the tri-colour Jodie. I didn't event get to see it on screen. Do any of you know which show it was on, please?

It was a better price on QVC than other retailers and Lulu's on shop. I did see one cheaper on the Bay (quite a bit cheaper) but it said "sold as seen, no returns" so I was a bit worried about the authenticity and condition. Running on from that, are private sellers on the Bay not subject to DSR?

I don't think private sellers are subject to DSR, businesses are, but if you are a private seller it is completely up to you if you offer returns or not, hope you like you bag, sorry I can't recall what show it was in x

I have it in navy and black which was a bit overindulgent. Black one still in wrapping - so selling it - either here on on the bay!
Blue one looks like new still. Patent wears very well.

I've been a very bad girl and ordered the tri-colour Jodie.

I've stared at this bag online and I can't see why it's called "tri-coloured on Q"; it looks just black and stone so could you report back when it arrives? I like the shape and the chunky charms and the leather looks lovely. It could well be on my Lulu January sale wish list!

Latest posts

Back