Lori Greiner on Shark Tank.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
This is the US interpretation of Dragon's Den with Lori as one of the female sharks. Although we don't air the show in the UK, I have been watching it online, and it is enthralling. One of the products Lori invested in was the SpecSecure magnetic eyeglass holder, which is available on QVCUK, as readerests by Lori Greiner. Also 'by Lori Greiner' on QVCUK, is the set of one sole shoes. Both products were brought in to the Tank by entrepreneurs / inventors, in whose businesses Lori invested. We are led to believe she invented the products when, in reality, what she did was finance the promotion of the products, bringing them to market, and use all of her contacts and influence to make the products a success. I have no doubt she worked extremely hard to do this; after all, she had invested large sums of money with the intention of securing a profit and, rightly so, that is what she should garner. Chances are that, without her input, these products would not have been as lucrative an invention for the creators, and for that I am sure these people will be eternally grateful. There are many other products which she was first introduced to in the Tank, but did not invent. It just makes you wonder which she did come up with the idea for, or is her strongest talent in marketing? I believe it is the latter these days; initially, yes inventing was her thing, these days she has the finances to apply for patents for products designed by people who cannot afford to do so. She is an extremely industrious and savvy business woman, of that there is no doubt and, by virtue of her financial input and marketing expertise, has helped others to become extremely wealthy.

I remember a show last year (one of the rare ones when Lori herself appeared). There was an item where she accredited the design to someone else, someone she bankrolled. I think she still invents but does a bit of both now. Someone who loves making inspired ideas reality would find it tough to just stop. Like asking an artist not to paint any more or a writer not to write.

I remember a show last year (one of the rare ones when Lori herself appeared). There was an item where she accredited the design to someone else, someone she bankrolled. I think she still invents but does a bit of both now. Someone who loves making inspired ideas reality would find it tough to just stop. Like asking an artist not to paint any more or a writer not to write.

I agree WG, and part of the price of being in the advantageous position of a very knowledgeable business person bankrolling your business, may be a lack of public recognition which, in this case, is afforded to Lori. I think she deserves it for her financial input, just the QVC / QVCuk sites are a bit misleading when they state 'by Lori Greiner' when they are not. I have to say, I have extreme respect and admiration for her as a business woman and, after watching shark tank, she is one tough cookie who, it appears, does not allow for sentiment when it comes to money. I thought she did great on the show.

Latest posts

Back