The one which got away?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought some Birkenstocks a few years ago, crossover leopard print ones that were lovely. I'm not keen on the look of most Birkenstocks but these were so pretty, really comfortable and flattering on my huge feet. I wore them with everything, to everything, nearly every day if it wasn't raining/snowing etc. I meant to buy more pairs because I loved them so much, and I put it off and put it off and then they weren't available anymore. I couldn't find them anywhere else either. I've been kicking myself for about the last two years over it, because I wore the existing ones to the point of disintegration.

I wish I had bought the babyliss pro-curler thingy - I can never keep curls in my hair and this has had very good reviews - but I thought it was pricey - till I saw how much it was on another well known site. I will have to just keep using my curling tongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, this knitted dress by Nina Leonard

I have it in the navy and love it, want the purple but it's sold out in my size. Having been shopping on both Friday and Saturday looking for some winter clothes and not seen anything remotely as nice, I'm seriously wishing I'd bought both colours. I kept on hoping it's go on easy pay, it didn't and now it's just gone!

I wish I had bought the babyliss pro-curler thingy - I can never keep curls in my hair and this has had very good reviews - but I thought it was pricey - till I saw how much it was on another well known site. I will have to just keep using my curling tongs.

Obviously it's a different tool altogether but I find the Yogi wand pretty good. I struggle to keep curls in even though my hair's really thick and wavy, and Yogi manages it better than anything else I've tried. Not perfect, but good.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was going to be repeated as a TSV in the Autumn.

Not one item but more gold jewellery before the prices went nuts. I have a number of QVC white gold rings and bracelets, should have bought more!!!

Ah the days when 9ct gold gem rings at around £45 or lower.

the jewellery in yellow gold was keenly priced and now is very expensive. I have a black hills gold ring and its beautiful quality and some eek in 14ct would love to add to it .

I recall a lovely ring, yellow gold with garnet and diamonds, it was only about £100 but looked lovely, it was a diamond shape with a cross design in little diamonds going through it, had a great vintage look to it, i kept thinking I must order that and never did. Always keep a look out for it, in secondhand jewellers and on the Bay in case one turns up in my size, unlikely though that is!

Bohemian Garnets was a range I kept watching and couldn't decide what to order. It disappeared completely a good few years ago! All the designs were solely created in garnets, without piffling diamond fragment accents* often set around garnet stones. I think it was set in 9 or 14ct gold which may also have added to its demise.

Certainly those Big Bold Gold hours would have provided a great investment with the benefit of hindsight!

*posted this at the same time as Letz-be-avenue, I don't want you to think I'm dissing your garnet ring x

Last edited:
a diamonique charm bracelet

purple jolie emu slippers

and I hankered after the lookalike silver links of london bracelet tsv for a while - but now I have lots of links pieces.

Obviously it's a different tool altogether but I find the Yogi wand pretty good. I struggle to keep curls in even though my hair's really thick and wavy, and Yogi manages it better than anything else I've tried. Not perfect, but good.

I have tried the Yogi Srhgts, I think it was when it was a TSV if my memory serves me right, however, the wand part was damaged when I received it, but I did try it out before returning, but found the width of the wand too wide for my hair length - I couldn't get enough hair around it to make good curls. I then bought a babyliss wand that had a smaller wand, and I can make my hair curly with that - the only thing is that the left hand side of my hair comes out far better than the right - so it is hit and miss with that too.

A Freeview recorder that was about 50 quid. Cheapest new ones I can find anywhere are about twice the price.

Latest posts

Back