Make up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I wanting to buy make up, sort of a set really, and I saw Laura Geller has some nice sets, it is for a friend who has black skin, can anyone tell me what to get please, or what other make I should go for and shades.

I would think some of the Mally makeup would be suitable. Would be a good idea to check the reviews on qvc.com - the aMerican site

How dark is your friend's skin? Black can cover a lot of shades. Do you have any idea what sort of make-up they like and use normally? For example, I love make-up and have/use/buy loads of different stuff, but I never use lipgloss as it's far too sticky and my hair gets caught in it, I end up with streaks across my face, so I wouldn't be thrilled if someone bought me lipgloss.

There is currently a Bare minerals try me - priced around £25 inc p&p. Could be a good way to find a colour match for your friend if you thought thats they range you would like to try?

On the Q the only two ranges which have a reasonable selection for black skins are mally and bare minerals although sometimes they don't have all the deepest tones available. But to be honest you would be better going to mac who have a full range for all the richer skin tones.

I have 2 work mates who swear by Mac for black skin. When I tried to suggest a brand I liked at the time they looked as if I had suggested they sell their grandmother!

I think buying makeup as a present is a bit too risky - colours need to be matched so carefully.

Nail polish, creams and lotions and potions - yes... makeup - not really.

mally and laura geller have far too much pink in it and goes chalky on black skin. mac and even benefit are really good. mac is the best as it covers a lot of shades. bobbi brown is good also. take your friend out for a free makeover and buy her some goodies but you wont get the value of the qvc tsv's. none of the above ranges are cheap so £40 wont go far on the high street for premium brands. lovely thought though. good luck

Latest posts

Back