Autumn

Registered Shopper
Luminara Flameless LED Pillar Candle with Timer & Remote Control

QVC Price: £30.00 - £39.00

Today's Special Value Price :

£19.96 - £29.96

702059.jpg

P&P: £3.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Luminara-Flame...702059.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@6be06be

I have to say I took one look at them at my immediate thought was that they where VERY VERY expensive for what they where.
To have a half decent display you would need to spend around £100 not including P&P so way out of range for most viewers of Q.
The ones MAM posted about look just as good if not better.

Nothing coming up on line Dollydimple.

I bought them in store - they don't have all the stock online, unfortunately. Well worth a visit to the store if in the area. The link you found to the Christmas world shop - they are the same ones :)

PS, in a minute, this Acer tablet that I am using, bought from QVC will be the first one launched in space, I flippin hate the thing grrr

I was at Housing Units last week

http://www.housingunits.co.uk/

And they have Premier dancing flame candles. - very, very similar to the luminara candles with a timer - but much cheaper. 13cm @ £9.95 and 18cm @ £12.99 - about £20 cheaper each candle than QVC price... just saying...

Didn't realise you were a local DD, I live about five mins drive away from housing units. :smile:

I have had a look at the less expensive option and they look good, although they have a wax coating, rather than being mostly wax. And the Luminaras are very, very good. They give a pretty realistic look. I have one in a hurricane lantern in my bedroom. They aren't cheap, but once you've used them a few times, they last much longer than pillar candles, which you'd have to keep re-buying. Granted you do have to replace batteries but I think, relatively speaking the value is good.

Last edited:
I lke them but really cant justify paying that for one candle and you would need a few for a nice display

Just got a set of three similar from Tescos, they were £18. They also had other sets for £15.

Last edited:
I have had a look at the less expensive option and they look good, although they have a wax coating, rather than being mostly wax. And the Luminaras are very, very good. They give a pretty realistic look. I have one in a hurricane lantern in my bedroom. They aren't cheap, but once you've used them a few times, they last much longer than pillar candles, which you'd have to keep re-buying. Granted you do have to replace batteries but I think, relatively speaking the value is good.

I agree the Luminara are excellent but the Premier dancing candles are very, very similar and look and act just the same. I have used both brands over the past week and can't fault the cheaper candles.

Incidentally, the link Mam posted, the candles are cheaper again than the ones I bought in Housing Units but delivery charges have to be factored in. :)

Last edited:
Luminara Flameless LED Pillar Candle with Timer & Remote Control
QVC Price: £33.00

Today's Special Value Price :

£24.96

P&P: £3.95

4 Easy Pay instalments of £0.00, plus P&P

Wow Bargain if u order on easy pay :giggle: ( The easy pay isn't £0.00 when its in ur basket btw )

Last edited:
Has anyone tried these ?? I do love my Luminara, but thanks to this forum I now know there are other much much cheaper options which appear to be just as good.............

http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/housewares/miracle-flame-candles/invt/m0ica10100000001&temp=videoplayer
The trouble with the JML ones is that the flame will only flicker when there is a real draught whilst the one I have from Bethlehem lights in the lantern flickers all the time because the LED flickers.

Do they all have timers?
The JML page doesn't mention a timer (and has that naff drippy effect)
The Christmas World video definitely has a timer
Do the others?

Thanks for these links ladies. I can't have too many candles.

I love my Luminara candles - they came into their own during the power cuts we've had lately.

Just to add that I can't burn "normal" candles due to allergies (yep, even Yankee candles and tarts - was shocked that I reacted as badly to them as I did to the cheapies my sis had picked up at a local market! And don't get me started on Glade and similar, but at least they put warnings on theirs). As soon as the power went off I started burning some soy wax candles as well as the Luminaras - unfortunately I think I'm starting to get sensitive to those, too.

So big thanks to Busymum - I'll obviously need some more non-burning candles in case of more power cuts and those Lakeland ones look great.

My Lakeland parcel arrived about an hour ago - if only Q was as good - fast (ordered on Thursday), and free delivery as I made the order up to £40 - that's what I call good service! I made a rare order with Q, also on Thursday, but that's not even been dispatched yet!

The candles are lovely, come in a box so you could give them as a gift - the battery included for the remote but not for the candles..each takes 3 AAA batteries...I know Q include batteries but I'm in a forgiving mood! They do flicker and I'm very pleased with them. Like you alter ego I can't burn normal candles without coughing and spluttering as I have a respiratory condition, so these are a very good substitute!

Latest posts

Back