Algenist

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Seems to be a lot to say this aft - I've been posting non stop! Anyway, just watching the algenist skincare show when I heard the words 'overnight cream', impelling me to look up from the laptop. Apparently, no other skincare brand does this - Franksy is presenting (?) - we are told. A bit nonplussed, I thought to myself : After my night shower, I apply my facial creams, etc, go to bed - overnight - with it on. I don't mean to be radical here but would that not classify it as an overnight cream? Apparently, we need an overnight cream because that is when the skin repairs itself. Does that mean that the cream we buy from Elemis or Gatineau, for example, is not doing us any good? Do we really need to buy a separate night cream? If we want visible results, says the lady from Algenist, the overnight cream is the one to use. That's reassuring!
Sorry, title should be Algenist - wouldn't allow me to edit it.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to use the same cream day and night. I must confess though that I use Clinique Turnaround overnight cream but when I run out (I often forget to buy it when I am low), I use my day cream and my skin looks just as good. Night creams are a luxury and I am not convinced that we really need them.

Inge :)

As I learned recently, a night cream has more active ingredients, and a day cream has less, because they would put spf in place of "missing" ingredients. So I prefer to use night cream day and night, but really only use it before bed and nothing in the morning.

The point I was making was, whilst I know the difference between a day and night cream, I didn't realise an overnight cream was any different to a night cream, which remains on the skin whilst we are sleeping, overnight.

I use a combined day and night- Judith Williams phytomineral or Emma Hardie AM/PM or a night oil instead on alternate days.

My SPF is in my primer or not at all in winter months. On very hot days I skip the day cream and just use ultrasun face if I am out in it. I am not a sun worshipper and sunscreen is often missed out completely if I am only out in it for a matter of minutes

Last edited:
I can't see any difference either Louise, maybe those of us mistakenly applying a night cream at bedtime are doing it all wrong! Who knew?

Unless an overnight cream is just for weekends away, like an overnight bag?

Latest posts

Back