Babyliss Big Hair question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have one of these? Or the older version?

I used my EP code for one a few weeks ago and am struggling. Not with using it, but the results. I've even had my hairdresser (mobile) use it on me and it my hair looked as she normally leaves it (smooth and glossy)... for about 15 minutes!

I know my hair behaves like this when I switch the ionic button on on my current hairdryer, so was wondering if this will work for me.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

If you have frizzy hair like I do when it is damp, then the babyliss bighair on its own won't stop the frizz you will also need anantifriz product.

Thanks ILS - trust me, I've used every anti-frizz product on the shelves AND rotated the best ones I've found to use with it. I REALLY don't want to send it back (though am very grateful that I have that option) as I find it a lot easier than normal blow-drying.

PS I also use GHDs to finish but by the time I walk downstairs and look in the mirror, it's a huge pouff :mad:

Yes I find it easier than blow drying too and my hair looks great for an hour or so. If you find a solution let me know.

Are you making sure it's completely bone dry before straightening or leaving the house? If it's too damp it can pouff right back up. It's also very damaging to hair to straighten if it's not totally dry.
It could also be something to do with the products you're using or if you use heat all the time/bleach the hair etc. If the hair's very dried out it can frizz like mad despite styling etc, so you could try deep conditioning/oil treatments etc if you're not already? When my fair gets extra frizzy I condition overnight with Elasticiser and/or coconut oil, it really helps.
Hope this helps and I'm not just stating the obvious.

ILS - what happens after an hour?

srhgts - deffo an ionising thing. I can knock the ionic generator off on my current dryer, hence I get straight, smooth hair. My hairdresser's dryer is non-ionic as she seems to get better results without it, too (on the majority of clients, including me).

I was hoping someone would chime in that's found the same frizzy, pouffy results as me with ionics and if they could clarify that this is ionic or not.

If it is, how the hell do I switch the ****** thing off?!!

ILS - what happens after an hour?

srhgts - deffo an ionising thing. I can knock the ionic generator off on my current dryer, hence I get straight, smooth hair. My hairdresser's dryer is non-ionic as she seems to get better results without it, too (on the majority of clients, including me).

I was hoping someone would chime in that's found the same frizzy, pouffy results as me with ionics and if they could clarify that this is ionic or not.

If it is, how the hell do I switch the ****** thing off?!!

I have the old one that is meant for longer hair. I have short hair but it still works well, there is one for shorter hair now but not worth buying as well. There are no ionic features in the babyliss big hair if that is what you are asking!

I saw an ad on YouTube for the babyliss curl secret - looks amazing & looks so simple! pity about the huge price tag though!

After an hour the flicky bits that I've put in the bottom come out. Today was a hot sunny day and now in the evening I have a slight frizz around the head. OK I havent brushed it since midday. It is also gaining volume. My hair is medium thickness and shoulder length. I left conditioner on it for 2 days having tied it back in a pony tail. It feels course.

Now I am definitely not a hair-styling expert (the antithesis of that, in fact) but I use my Big Hair to dry my in some sort if approximation to the way a hair dresser does (ie to create bounce) but I then have to give over it with either my GHD or a curling iron to get a style. So I use my Big Hair as a hair dryer not a hair styler. I find it easier to use than a hair dryer and seperate brush. I can only use the rotating function on my fringe. If I try to use it on my shoulder length hair, I end up with a knotty tangle off the end of the brush!

When I first started using it I had a few instances when I got my hair caught mainly because I'd picked up too much hair. I now have no problems and always use it as a rotating brush. I even know instinctively which way to rotate the brush. I end up with a nice looking style but it doesent last.

Latest posts

Back