Would you want a measuring jug for Christmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Charlie wants us to buy them as pressies. Now I know we should be grateful for any gift but something a bit more personal please!

What was your worst and best gift?

I personally wouldn't be too impressed, no. I guess if someone really loves kitcheny things it'd be a decent present, although if they do they'd probably already have a measuring jug.

Maybe someone will buy you the diamonique-studded jug that's scheduled for a TSV in December? Phone in and ask what head-sizes it'll fit! Then you'll have the ultimate in blingy multi-tasking head-wear / kitchen equipment! :mysmilie_846:

Mushroom compost! Note left by my then boyfriend, now hubby, saying pressie in the dog kennel.
Yep, it was a box of mushroom compost, he is reminded quite often:giggle:

Wouldn't be too pleased to receive a measuring jug, but having said that I'd rather have that than a Halo torch in gift boxing!

Bloomin' torches. And they still haven't learned that shining the beam into the camera is not a good way to demonstrate brightness! Shine it across a dark room. It just hurts your eyes and makes me want to punch their lights out! Not that I saw much - the last two days has seen a lot of use of the "off" button. The whole event has been tedious beyond compare.

Simply amazes me when they try to flog this crap as 'ideal christmas presents'.

Heard Charlie saying last night something about if the kids ask for a voucher or cash, its too impersonal so give them one of these. Yeah i can image the look on my kids face when he doesnt get the itunes voucher he asked for but a ****** torch instead. Was waiting for him telling us they are the best.......torches......ever (i'm going to nickname him comic-book guy in homage to the greatest........simpsons.......character........ever but without the charisma!)

If anyone's thinking of buying me a torch for Christmas DON'T - unless it's the other ones in the gift boxes with the glow in the dark strip round the edge, ideal for the glove box etc. Actually, who wants a girly animal print torch for a pressie when you can have an insulated shopping bag? :grin:

My worst present ? a car tyre. In the days when I was 'courting' my late husband (that's dating jargon of years gone by), he thought he was doing me a favour by buying me a new tyre for my Triumph Herald car. Romance was never very high on his agenda.

Worst present I ever had was from a friend a couple of christmases ago, who frankly I always bend over backwards to get lovely thoughtful presents for despite having a LOT less money than her. It was a pair of travel slippers 3 sizes too small for me, with the price still on, that looked very much the worse for wear, leading me to believe she'd been given them the previous christmas and didn't want them. She knew perfectly well I had a couple of pairs of slippers and didn't need any. Charmed, I'm sure. I'm kind of tempted to do something similar this year to make a point. Maybe that's vindictive but I was really not impressed.

I remember reading a thing in a magazine years ago about terrible presents, and this one is so ridiculous I've never forgotten it. This girl's boyfriend of several months had wrapped her up, for christmas, an open jar of jam from their fridge. As her only present. What the...?

My worst present ever was a scarf made from a dead possum sent over to me one Christmas from my mother in law in New Zealand. We had only been married just over a year and I looked at my husband and said "are you sure your mother likes me....?."

The strangest present I got for Christmas was a rhubarb crown. When I unwrapped it I thought someone had been to the elephant's enclosure and bought me a huge lump of 'you know what' because that's just what it looked like. Mind you, it did eventually produce a lot of rhubarb, so I could have done with a measuring jug when I was using the rhubarb to make crumbles and similar. :wink:

Latest posts

Back