My name is....and I wear glasses.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
It was bad enough when Micheal started to wear spectacles; now Chuntley. Long gone are the days when one was devastated, embarrassed even, if one had to wear them. Although I am not suggesting they don't need them, these days, they are regarded as more of a fashion statement, so they probably don't mind.

I hated my glasses growing up.I would never wear them out socially when I got to that stage of my life- and omg heaven forbid if i lost my lenses and were forced to wear my glasses!!! I got over it a bit when frames got funky and fashionable - everyone used to think that glasses suited me...the more i wore them,the more i got ok about wearing them - but like everything you get more confident as you get older.at around the gok wan hysteria for glasses - bit like the geek look at the mo - i had my eyes lasered.....but last winter felt my eyes had deteriorated (with age) so i started to wear glasses again to drive.but because it was an aged thing - the prescription was barely there - how i laughed when i thought back to the thick milk bottle unfashionable glasses i was made to wear as a child!!!!!

i think michal and ch look quite good in theirs

I've worn them since the age of 11 or 12..NHS ones too and with a brown-sticky-paper patch at first..you can imagine what I went thru at school! But nowadays nobody thinks twice and I love mine..I'd miss them in fact as I fiddle with them when I'm nervous so would probably end up poking myself in the eye if I didn't have them!

I've worn them since the age of 11 or 12..NHS ones too and with a brown-sticky-paper patch at first..you can imagine what I went thru at school! But nowadays nobody thinks twice and I love mine..I'd miss them in fact as I fiddle with them when I'm nervous so would probably end up poking myself in the eye if I didn't have them!

I started with mine about age 8. NHS plastics and god i got ripped for them.

Tried contacts, my eyes react far too quickly to be able to put them in (optician had to wrench them open to get them in first time) so gave up on that.

I wear glasses or contact lenses all the time. So much a part of me that I don't even think about it.

I think I should've been picked up for specs long before I was....I had measles when I was around 4 and my mum said I had it bad, under my eyelids too..she always blamed it for my bad eyesight, who knows, she may have been right...a lazy eye and a squint when I was tired too. My optician tho reckons in a few years I'll need an op for cataracts and "you won't need glasses then" - not sure how I feel about it!!

I started wearing glasses in year 3 but because the teacher called another girl "Specky Four-eyes" so they stayed in my coat-pocket till I was in year 4!

They do suit some people - what's her name that does the news..Alicia something or other? I think she looks fab in hers. My DD started wearing them at 5...I couldn't get her to go into school wearing them so I made her promise to give them to "Miss", who duly showed them to the class and made a big thing of it and popped them on her...never a happ'orth of trouble after that!

I usually wear contacts, which I have done since the age of 17. I'd worn glasses from the age of 7. Now I'm getting into wearing my glasses again. I keep being complimented, so I guess I must look better with them than without! Would love to have multiple pairs, but my prescription is so strong, I have to have the thinned down lenses and they make them too pricey.

I think I should've been picked up for specs long before I was....I had measles when I was around 4 and my mum said I had it bad, under my eyelids too..she always blamed it for my bad eyesight, who knows, she may have been right...a lazy eye and a squint when I was tired too. My optician tho reckons in a few years I'll need an op for cataracts and "you won't need glasses then" - not sure how I feel about it!!

Yes apparently measles affects the eye muscles which in turn affects vision I had them as a child and remember the light being covered with brown paper because I couldn`t stand the light i`ve worn glasses since the age of 12 and now feel strange without them

that rings a bell...maybe my curtains had to be kept closed but not sure about the brown paper on the light business! I would definitely feel strange without my specs..sort of "vulnerable" somehow - I hide behind them..!

Wore glasses from age 7 and bought contact lenses with 1st wage packet as mother would not let me have them. Gave up on lenses due to beach holidays with small children and windy conditions. Love choosing new frames now due to fab help at local opticians and fab frames to choose from. Yes they are expensive because of type of lens required but if cost is factored over number of years worn it is reasonable value for something you have to have. If you need to wear them you might as well flaunt them.

I'm considering having laser eye surgery, but need to do lots of research before I take the plunge. I wore contacts for a good few years but now I have varifocals contacts wouldn't be ideal.
Glasses do conceal under-eye-area issues...Ali Young should wear her glasses all the time if her presteeejus products aren't working for her!

I've had my eyes lasered, which I only could afford to do 3 years ago. It is the best thing I have ever done. I was always very short sighted. I still cannot believe that I can wake up in the morning and see, it is a miracle.

I had my eyes done through Optical Express at Bluewater, however, the location was irrelevant, I researched the various surgeons in the laser eye surgeries within a 50 mile radius of where I lived. My surgeon had been a consultant at Moorfields. Also, one thing you may to be aware is that the price you pay depends on how bad your eye sight is, so I had to pay more for one eye than the other! I negotiated on the price, (which I always do), and reduced the price by about 15%.

I've never fancied contact lenses, couldn't put them in and take them out I don't think! DD's worn them since she could afford to pay for them tho. My last two pairs of frames have cost me £26, but the lenses are over £100..I need one almost clear glass for the eye that is still lazy, and jam jar bottoms for the eye that does all the work - and they're bifocals. However, my last pair lasted me three years as there wasn't much change in my scrip, but this time I knew I'd need to change - but they still did the same frame so I went for that as (in my opinion at least!) they suit me, and I suit the price!

As to laser, well I'll have to have it if/when I have the forming cataracts done but tbh I don't fancy it at all! I'm a mardy bugger at the best of times when it comes to "procedures", but when I go to the dentist I can at least shut my eyes - can't do that when they're working on them can I!

Latest posts

Back