How Mean!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
I ordered a top that I had my eye on for many months on the 24th Sept. It was on a Clearance Price of GBP30.40. I have just seen it again today and it is now GBP24.32, so I phoned them as I wasn't sure if there was a problem with my order.

I was told first that I should pay a higher VAT as I live in another country, which I told them was incorrect. Yes I pay a higher postage, but not VAT. My order was despatched on the 27th, 3 days after ordering which is a long time and they then told me that the price was reduced on the 28th.

I asked them if they could adjust the price for me and was firmly told No. I would have thought that after the thousands of pounds that I have spent with them over the last 15 years, that they could have knocked off six quid for me.

I feel less and less inclined to order things lately.

I had thought about that, but we have large post boxes here so it will get put inside. Its not like having a letter box flap in the front door.

If you have Fb post about it on there FB page , they normally respond as they don't like any negatives being said on there , wait till 2morrow thou as I don't think they tend to monitor the pages as much at the weekend

Try again Holmca. I recently bought a ring that I noticed 6 weeks later was reduced in price. It was only about £35 in the first place which was reduced to £25. I called and asked if there was anything they could as I was slightly disappointed and they credited the difference to my account.

I do think it depends on who you talk to.

Tell them that it will be easier for them to refund the difference because otherwise you'll return the item within 7 days and they'll have to refund the postage too under the Distance Selling Regulations. You'll then reorder it at the new price. Surely even Q can see how daft it would be to go through that.

Tell them that it will be easier for them to refund the difference because otherwise you'll return the item within 7 days and they'll have to refund the postage too under the Distance Selling Regulations. You'll then reorder it at the new price. Surely even Q can see how daft it would be to go through that.

Can you or someone explain what the DSR is please.

DSR i.e. Distance Selling Regulations means that when you buy anything online or by phone, sight unseen, you are entitled to inspect the merchandise and if you are not satisfied you can return it to the vendor in a new and unused condition, with original packaging and request that they refund you for the item and your original post and packing charges. You still have to pay the return postage. HTH.

Wow, QVC are so mean and tight it makes me want to scream! So much for customer goodwill. I recently returned an item to a local shop which was faulty and not only did they replace the item, they game me a giftcard of equivalent value.

Thank you for the explaination. I did as suggested, and posted on the QVC UK Facebook page this morning. I have had various comments plus have been asked to send my details to Customer Services. So I think they are either going to help or tell me to Foxtrot Oscar! I hope its the former as I quite fancy the Honora TSV!

Many thanks for everyone's suggestions. I posted a message on the Facebook page and contacted Customer Services and they have just phoned to tell me that they are refunding the discount.

Many thanks for everyone's suggestions. I posted a message on the Facebook page and contacted Customer Services and they have just phoned to tell me that they are refunding the discount.

Glad you got it resolved - not sure if would have been covered by the DSR rules or not being in France as well as it's a UK rather than EU law.

Latest posts

Back