Shane Lynch Fitness & Diet TSV 02/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really think QVC have lost the plot selling stuff like this. I won't even bother checking it out.

I agree with the above posts. Why would anyone have faith in his ability / qualification to recommend a healthy way of life, or to give dietary advice? I'm sure if you were a Boyzone fan, the dvd containing that coverage may be of interest. Also, how many of us thought when Matt Goss turned up on the Q : "I've been wondering on a daily basis what had happened to him; QVC have given extreme pleasure to the millions of Bross fans out there." Exactly.!**

I am lost for words. Might have something to do with that bunch of has-beens embarking on a tour soon though.

I saw on QVC the other day that they are also getting Andi Peters on to flog some kitchen tat. Why are they giving the airspace to these people? They need to concentrate on what they do well like 'Elemis' or 'Nails Inc'.

Well what a waste of space! It was on in the background, didn't set out to watch it. You can't even buy it today and not even till December. By the time it comes around you'll have forgotten about it. One of the quickest tsv I've seen less than 20 mins and no repeat at 1am, have seen more during the pro-mos leading up to it. Definitely trying to play to the Boyzone fans. What simple exercises were shown made sense. It smacks of desperation by Q to add to the growing amount of expensive tat.

Who in their right mind is going to order a fitness DVD from a has been singer (said loosely) ??
There are SO many good fitness DVD's out there most of which are produced by well respected fitness experts.
Having said that there is always going to be a market for DVD's presented by women in the public eye who have either lost a lot of weight or are know for being skinny as there will always be those who aim to emulate their "idols" not realizing they have their own personal trainer's who charge £100's a session and they are not going to end up looking like who ever just by buying their DVD.

I caught it - NOT I hasten to add because I'm any kind of Boyzone fan and wasnt really sure who Shane Lynch was until I saw him! But it amused me no end... I almost couldn't believe what they were trying to sell?! I can understand the appeal of the band DVD but the fitness stuff was an insult to one's intelligence.

He then 'cooked' a soup which involved boiling carrots and broccoli and then putting in to "an old blender" (actually the £80 ninja) which then didn't work live on air :)

Last edited:
Mr Lynch would have been better becoming the brand ambassador for Dermablend demonstrating its ability to cover tatts. :cheeky:

Do the work-outs involve sitting on a stool, then standing, then sitting again? Or was that Westlife? Whateva! :sleepy:

What a load of utter tripe, are they trying to be more showbiz, cause there doesnt seem to be a week now, without some has-been celebrity on there. At least i guess its moving away from USA, cause how many americans would have heard of Shane Lynch, Andi Peters, Louise Redknapp.

The reason it isnt being devlivered until December, seems to be because of the QVC Exclusive Boyzone DVD isnt finished yet. So have TPTB at Qvc paid to have some DVD made, after the loss of loved presenters, and them doing this, and sending presenters, off to USA, to flog stuff they could have sold in Chiswick, or sending Dale of to america, to interview someone. I really give up

QVC have lost their way I think. Reading the first purchase thread reminded me of those things we didn't know we needed before QVC started convincing us! But it was also their strength, the rechargeable self-winding hose reel (thanks for the perfect example Dipper) for example. We've had our Polti for 15+ years but without the demo on Q I wouldn't have considered buying one.
Now they want to sell big brand names but these are available anywhere on the high street or internet so unless it's a TSV or you really need to test the item under the MBG there's no real temptation to buy from Q.

I'd like them to go back to bringing us niche brands or US gadgets and the "this is better than the last one" cleaning products because it makes for more entertaining viewing. This is where the "brand ambassador" started, with the format of a guest cleaning an oven door painted in Bisto and the presented ooo'ing and ahh'ing. But really we don't need a guest for a line of clothing, I'd rather they went back to Julia and her tap measure.

QVC is scrambling to replace those high earning lines they used to rely on: fine jewellery (small to warehouse but high revenue), craft (they couldn't keep their guests from defecting to C&C), even the mighty beauty department has to compete with keen internet competition these days.

I think today's TSV has plumbed the depths of an all time low!

I agree normal everyday items including electricals, you can buy elsewhere, and maybe get a 5 year guarantee chucked in, and if u hassle, you can probably get some of the extras chucked in, especially if youre willing to pay by cash.

It wasnt so many years ago that QVC were winning awards for there jewllery, and were one of the countrys top jewleery sellers.

It was the gadgets that used to make QVC, Joy Mogano, with her Rolykits, we still have some of them, and are as good now as they were then. Or that liquid you could plait your objects Gold or Sliver.

When Debbie, used to sell the Myth and Magic stuff, or comics, which i used to mainly buy with the Nick the guest from Dynamic Forces.

Rather than some celebrity based tosh

I caught it - NOT I hasten to add because I'm any kind of Boyzone fan and wasnt really sure who Shane Lynch was until I saw him! But it amused me no end... I almost couldn't believe what they were trying to sell?! I can understand the appeal of the band DVD but the fitness stuff was an insult to one's intelligence.

He then 'cooked' a soup which involved boiling carrots and broccoli and then putting in to "an old blender" (actually the £80 ninja) which then didn't work live on air :)

I saw that! What a ioke I haven't laughed so much in ages. Like you need a dvd to tell you how to cook up a bit of veg and then blend it. QVC are really insulting our intelligence. However the final insult is that the whole thing won,t be availiable till December. Who in their right mind is going to buy this tat. (I am being kind calling it 'tat' I can tell you.)

I had the tsv launch on and, after 15 minutes, I still didn't know what was in the set. Although we eventually got given this information, I still don't know what inspired him to make the exercise / lifestyle dvds. Apart from - he says - doing us all a favour, for our support over the years, to thank us. Does he think we are a few sandwiches short of a picnic? We all know the real reason, is to promote the tour, and earn money out of it. And Shane HIMSELF is videoing the footage! I have never been attracted to tattooed guys and, when he had his hands among the veg., I was kind of, "ugh". It just didn't look hygienic. What qualifies him to recommend what we should eat? The soup recipe is the only one I have seen, and can be found anywhere. I have only seen the product at launch but, from what I witnessed, there is nothing in this routine / plan, which is any different from anything else already on the market. I am obviously not a candidate for this product but having it as a tsv today, yet not receiving it until WC 09/12, is not on. I know the footage hasn't been captured yet so the Boyzone dvd cannot be sent out until then; the Shane Lynch life - he must be an utter narcissist if he thinks we would buy it because it is his idea (!) - could be available now. If the Q wants to capitalise on the Boyzone 20th birthday reunion, I'm sure there are fans out there who would buy dvd coverage of the band. From the lifestyle he and the rest of Boyzone guys lived, why would we use them as an example when planning a healthy living routine? Get back on track, QVC, and soon. I am watching the channel less and less by the day and, if what I read on this forum is anything to go by, I am not the only one.

The most pointless Tsv of the year IMO, made even worse that its on advanced orders not till December. :sleepy:

Latest posts

Back