3 HOUR Time frame to cancel ??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

inatizzy

Registered Shopper
Why?
When was that introduced?
I recently had a mad moment and ordered some Twigs (Yes twigs :blush: !) at 10pm via Qcut

The following day at 11am I decided I could live without the twigs :wink: and rang to cancel - knowing just how long an order remains "in process" I couldn't see that this would be a problem.
Was mystified to be informed orders can only be cancelled within a 3 HOUR period.
Considering how bl**dy long they take to dispatch these days, one would assume the order was no further forward after 3 DAYS never mind 3 HOURS.

I know I can refuse the order at delivery.
I know about distance selling cancellation.

But just wanted to have a little moan :talking:

inatizzy

I have certainly been told that there is a 3 hour window in which to cancel online orders and have got them cancelled by calling customer services. I have called after just after the 3 hours and they emailed the warehouse and it was cancelled.
It may be more difficult the next day because the item may have been picked and in a trailer awaiting either the courier or royal mail truck so the next process to be recorded would be when the trailer goes out of the gate (perhaps a day or 2 later) and the item is recorded as shipped. I may not have the process quite right because there is the payment authorisation somewhere inbetween.

Why?
When was that introduced?
I recently had a mad moment and ordered some Twigs (Yes twigs :blush: !) at 10pm via Qcut

The following day at 11am I decided I could live without the twigs :wink: and rang to cancel - knowing just how long an order remains "in process" I couldn't see that this would be a problem.
Was mystified to be informed orders can only be cancelled within a 3 HOUR period.
Considering how bl**dy long they take to dispatch these days, one would assume the order was no further forward after 3 DAYS never mind 3 HOURS.

I know I can refuse the order at delivery.
I know about distance selling cancellation.

But just wanted to have a little moan :talking:

inatizzy

I didn't think, officially, you had that long to cancel. I have called within 2 hours before, only to be told it had been passed to the warehouse already. QVC have always sent an email and managed to cancel the order. Until the order physically leaves the warehouse, one ought to be able to cancel.

TBH I thought you only had 1 hour .... the " cancel this order button " on the web seems to disappear after around 1 hour .
Nice to know I have 3 hours for sanity to prevail :)

TBH I thought you only had 1 hour .... the " cancel this order button " on the web seems to disappear after around 1 hour .
My "cancel" button used to be there for almost 24 hours and longer, but not any more.

I didn't even realise there was a "cancel this order" button! They must keep that hidden.

There was one time I waited only 40 mins to cancel and was told it I was too late because the item had left the warehouse.

Latest posts

Back