Returning nail polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharon-s

Registered Shopper
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I went to the post office today to send off a set of opi minis which I sold on eBay. As there was 5 mini bottles they wouldn't accept my parcel, 4 is the maximum you can post. I have just emailed QVC to ask if I bought a nail varnish collection and decided to return it how would I go about it. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Well I did read on here about this rule but have returned a Nails Inc Tsv before that was more than 4 bottles and had no problems, sounds a bit daft I know but how do they know you are returning nail lacquers? And if they dint know what is stopping anyone returning it?

Try a different PO, and don't tell them what's in it? They only need an estimate of the value for the "signed for" services (unless you need to fill a customs slip, but then I'd just put "nail polish").

Not really helping am I? :blush:

It is a Civil Aviation Ruling that has brought this issue about, it affects other postal services around the world too.

If it is more than 4 bottles then you should ask QVC to send courier to collect it.

If it is 4 bottles or less then you tell the post office and they put a special sticker on it, if you don't tell them it will be destroyed if it is scanned and found to be a flammable item. You cannot sent polish, perfumes etc....internationally now.

you contact QVC and they send the courier out to collect it and bring back to them.

The same applies to perfumes, the max for the UK internal is four 50mls sizes or strangely one 150 mls bottle. You try sending outside the UK and they will destroy it and you get back the empty box and nice letter slapping your wrist and don't do it again. I belong to the perfume boards and people have had bottles worth over £100 destroyed! I recently bought the can of air stuff for cleaning laptop, the ebayer was in England I am in Belfast. He had it destroyed as there has to be a special sticker on the package to say what it contains. I did say to him before I bought was it okay, yes he said. Now he bent over backwards two lost parcels losing him money, but got the stickers and third time lucky. He sells to NI anyway and had to stop all sales until he got me sorted.

Even funnier is all the suspicion stuff is sent to Belfast to be destroyed, if it flags up through x ray. Hey, we know what to do with suspicion packages here.:giggle:

I recently joined a nail polish group on FB and we had a secret box event and I had to open my box at the PO (very small run by little old lady in the middle of nowhere) when I said it contained nail polish. So she could "just check" it against her leaflet.
She did give me some tape to reseal the box but the people behind me in the queue where not at all happy about the delay.
So yes I would email /ring customer services and ask for someone to come and collect it.
I don't know where you would stand if they where destroyed before Q received them would you still get your money back??
They really should be putting this sort of information on the returns labels now as it has been in force for some time now, and loads of people must return polish to them, once they have used the colour they needed to go with that "special dress".

This might explain why i didnt recieve the Leighton Denny Cocktails TSV. Thanks for the info
I knew about the perfume problem as I lost a couple of bottles I bought off Ebay

It applies to things with certain types of batteries too, like mobile phones. I sold a few things on ebay a few weeks ago and got a bit wazzed off with the post office man asking me what was in things when I took the parcels in (I did wonder if he was planning on pinching things he fancied...!) so after about the third time I asked him why he wanted to know. He told me these new rules had been brought in and it was because they were scanning things etc etc as has been said. One of the parcels i took in was a mobile phone and he had to put a special sticker on it. He said it was a pain for them having to quiz everyone about what was in things.

I ordered some nail polish from Amazon which I didn't realise was coming from the USA. It arrived yesterday and the customs label stated the contents as 'painting materials'!

wow i did not know about this at all.I've seen a regular offer on wowcher for opi nail polishes that i considered a few sets for christmas...dont think i'll bother now...seems more trouble (potentially) than its worth.

Have you seen the size of the label they have to attach to the package though? I sold a few nail polishes on eBay last week, wrapped in bubble wrap and into a small Jiffy bag, printed my postage and off to the Post Office, told them they contained nail polish so needed a warning label etc. Well, I then got a b******ing from the guy at the post office who produced a label that was almost A5 size (basically the same size as the damn Jiffy bag!) "I need to get this on the front of the package, you need to use bigger Jiffy bags or something else, i'll accept them this time, but won't next time" he was promptly told I would not be using bigger packaging for one nail polish as it was just ridiculous. It's almost like Royal Mail are putting people off using them. I'm now looking into using Hermes for everything from now on.

Latest posts

Back