First purchase...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Julia keeps asking us to tweet in our first buy from the channel. I have been with the Q since day 1 and cannot for the life of me recall what mine was. So either the guests, when asked, are making one up, or have a great memory.

I can remember my first purchase (sadly.) It was a diamonique eternity ring (£11 ex. P&P) When I rang to make my first order I was asked if I would like to go through to the studio to speak to Charlie, who was the presenter. I declined. :wink:

I remember mine. Some scented begonias. They had sold out on the TV so I nipped on to the internet and ordered them and got them. They were hardly scented at all.

Mine was a silver ring rather like a bow shape, with a solitaire blue topaz! Can't remember how long ago tho..prob around 17 years.

mine was a buckley tennis bracelet. One for me and one for my mum. She still has hers but mine is long gone.

Mine was a blue topaz flower pendant - I liked it so much I bought my sister one too.

Mine was ecotan in about 1996, I'd been watching on and off before then, but didn't order for a long time. We'd already had the benefit of some weird shizzle bought for us as presents from QVC by the mother-out-law in those early years. I wish I could think of an example but I can't at the mo, must have been good stuff!

Silver bangle inlaid with mother of pearl, sixteen pounds plus postage probably mid to late 1990s. Still one of my best buys.

I really don't remember my first purchase, there've been so many :blush:. To be fair it was 13/14 years ago and my memory sucks.

Mine was a Carol Smith's Treasure box, which contained different sorts of craft projects for you to try. Does anyone remember them or her. I actually missed them, it was nice to have a sample of different crafts to try, everything from sewing to painting. I ended up having a few of them when they were TSV's in the beginning. Then Dawn Biddy started coming on and Carol along with her craft treasure boxes gradually disappeared. After that the only craft they did was paper crafting and it got quite boring.

My first purchase was a Kahuna watch which turned out to be horrible but I'd been lulled by the dulcet tones of lovely Julian.

I'd been watching QVC for a year or two before I ordered but I got the QVC bug then & have ordered tons of stuff over the years,some fab & some crap.

I spend hardly anything with them nowadays as most other sites offer better value & far better postage rates,lots of the beauty sites are free p&p which is a real boon.

I had a Carol Smith TSV with a bit of every craft known to shopping telly (almost). I made "stained glass" window clings of Disney characters for my kids' bedrooms, stenciled borders on walls, made hand painted cards (with help from the children) and made a weird plaster cast picture, which the kids hand-painted for the mother-out-law so she had to put it up in the house (at least when we visited!).:tongue:

QVC payback for our weird gifts! :rock:

Those Plaid kits were fabulous, I'm sure Q made more profit when Kanban sets became the mainstay of craft TSVs but they were never as inspiring.

Mine was a rechargeable self winding hose reel!
Sadly this thread has just made me realise that I don't lead the very glamorous lifestyle I would have liked!

Mine was ABC skin wash , I fell for AY's sales patter , I know some people love it but I found it no better than any high street product , it was just more expensive :sad:

Latest posts

Back