Both websites practically empty - Any reason for this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I was having a browse on the website this morning after I heard Mike Mason tell us last night he was going to "stick 'is neck ahht" and tell us that today's DOTD the is the best one they've EVER done - I was intringued. It was a perfume I'd not heard of, thought the bottle looked pretty, and it was all sold out. I looked it up online and discovered that surprisingly enough it was a Marks and Spencer perfume, so I'm surprised to see Bid selling it. Don't get me wrong but M&S fragrances can be really nice, I'm particulary fond of their Florentyna range, it's gorgeous...but it's as cheap as chips - so I don't know why anyone would go crazy paying nearly £16 for a bottle?

The other thing I noticed on the website, is the distinct lack of stock - what's going on? Normally, there's pages and pages of the stuff - today on both sites each category has one page only, some only half a page despite the numbers in brackets eg ladies fashion (127) but only displaying 4 or 5 items - Technical problem maybe, or do they want to prevent people buying online for some reason?

Any ideas folks?

They want the £1.53... more so from people dialling the wrong number as they seem to change it around every 10 mins

I was having a browse on the website this morning after I heard Mike Mason tell us last night he was going to "stick 'is neck ahht" and tell us that today's DOTD the is the best one they've EVER done - I was intringued. It was a perfume I'd not heard of, thought the bottle looked pretty, and it was all sold out. I looked it up online and discovered that surprisingly enough it was a Marks and Spencer perfume, so I'm surprised to see Bid selling it. Don't get me wrong but M&S fragrances can be really nice, I'm particulary fond of their Florentyna range, it's gorgeous...but it's as cheap as chips - so I don't know why anyone would go crazy paying nearly £16 for a bottle?

The other thing I noticed on the website, is the distinct lack of stock - what's going on? Normally, there's pages and pages of the stuff - today on both sites each category has one page only, some only half a page despite the numbers in brackets eg ladies fashion (127) but only displaying 4 or 5 items - Technical problem maybe, or do they want to prevent people buying online for some reason?

Any ideas folks?

Are you sure it's the same 'Bohemia' fragrance? The one M&S sell is from their own 'Limited' range, the one on the DOTD is from a company called Models Prefer which seems to be a cheapo brand sold in Australia. The bottle and branding is completely different.

Are you sure it's the same 'Bohemia' fragrance? The one M&S sell is from their own 'Limited' range, the one on the DOTD is from a company called Models Prefer which seems to be a cheapo brand sold in Australia. The bottle and branding is completely different.

The only Bohemia fragrance I could find was the M&S one, then I saw a post by Newtobid who also mentioned M&S. Models prefer I know as a pretty good cosmetic range that used to sell on qvc - I think the model Stacey Shefflin was behind it...I guess this must also be another brand. Confusing eh?

The only Bohemia fragrance I could find was the M&S one, then I saw a post by Newtobid who also mentioned M&S. Models prefer I know as a pretty good cosmetic range that used to sell on qvc - I think the model Stacey Shefflin was behind it...I guess this must also be another brand. Confusing eh?

Models Prefer looks like a budget stinker. Think Creee-ayyy-shon Lamis, think Laurelle and of course think JPD! Some people are going to be most disappointed if they think they got an M&S bargain but at least they can send it back, it's just a pity the non refundable p+p cost as much as the item!

As for the website I find it almost unusable as it's so slow, it did cross my mind it's to make people call in fear of losing out on a live TV auction but i'm sure that's just me being cynical!

Models Prefer looks like a budget stinker. Think Creee-ayyy-shon Lamis, think Laurelle and of course think JPD! Some people are going to be most disappointed if they think they got an M&S bargain but at least they can send it back, it's just a pity the non refundable p+p cost as much as the item!

As for the website I find it almost unusable as it's so slow, it did cross my mind it's to make people call in fear of losing out on a live TV auction but i'm sure that's just me being cynical!

maybe their internet feed goes through the Bid.tv studio wireless router which the Yarvik's can never connect to properly? :D

maybe their internet feed goes through the Bid.tv studio wireless router which the Yarvik's can never connect to properly? :D

They should use of those Wi-Fi boosters that Mason is selling tonight :clapping:

Latest posts

Back