Whoops! First order blues?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pimms

Registered Shopper
I tried to check out my basket this evening, as I wasn't sure when it would empty itself. Earlier on I'd had a bit of a scare when everything disappeared from my basket, but it all came back, which was a relief. However, when I tried to check out, first of all it told me I didn't have anything, though the little basket at the top said 3 items, then it did let me put in my information. I got almost all the way through the checkout process before it suddenly whisked me back to my basket page and told me both that I had nothing in it and, at the same time, showed me my three items :52:

I phoned Rocks and spoke to a lovely girl, who suggested I put through the order by phone, and then phone cs first thing Monday morning, to find out whether I'd got 1 or 2 orders and if it was 2, I could cancel one. Good idea, I thought. She took the items numbers and put them through, but when I checked the total with her it was about £40 more than the order I'd tried to put through on the internet. :11: This was apparently because I'd missed the auctions so the items had reverted to their original prices. But I didn't miss them, they sort of ran away from me :(

So, there are instructions for that phone order to be cancelled first thing on Monday, but I don't know if the internet order went through or not, and the three items are still sitting in my basket, but I don't know if they're really there or not. Goodness knows what will happen if I try and order something else. I could try and check them out again...

Hey ho.

UPDATE: I have, I think, now successfully put the order through (at all the prices I thought they should be) using a different card so that the other one isn't overloaded. I now have an order number and an empty basket.

I'm going to bed now!

Last edited:
Yes I had a problem earlier when I tried to check out my basket and it kept taking me back to my basket instead of completing my checkout.It also kept doing a sort of 'time out' thing('though it didn't empty my basket as it did with you Pimms.)I phoned cs but,worryingly, they don't seem to be able to access your order as they can elsewhere,so couldn't help at all.Luckily it suddenly decided to right itself while I was actually on the phone to her.:33:
I'm a bit concerned that cs can't do anything in this situation.I think that gap needs looking at.:6:

I think so too. The cs girl (sorry, didn't catch her name) was very sweet, but she didn't seem sure what to do (had to keep putting me on hold) and when she realised it had gone through at the wrong prices she sounded as though she was nearly in tears, but none of it was her fault (although we both could've checked the price of each item as it went through - I'll remember that in future).

The order that finally seemed to go through OK also generated an e-mail with a corresponding order number, so I think from that the first one definitely didn't go through, and simply whisked me back to my empty/not-empty basket before completing. But I had to put the final order through on a different card, because I didn't know by then what I'd got on the original one :33: I didn't want just to wait and see, because I didn't want to leave these items in my basket that might or might not have been there! There were a few more gremlins on the site for the short time I watched after that - I hope I didn't cause them :54:

I've just noticed the time of your post - what were you doing up at that time of night?

Last edited:
Went to bed.Read late.... but my basket preyed on my mind.:16:
You see,that's what ''no rest for the wicked'' means;if I hadn't spent that money I would have been peacefully asleep.:15:

Yes ladies, definitely Gremlins at work last night. I was checking out a basket at roughly the same time.....lucky we didn't end up with each others baskets...:eek:.....and I had to keep logging back in and then getting these time out messages, with a page of gobbledygook.

I was also being returned to my basket and then there seemed to be two stages of check out pages..
...also there were no obvious boxes in which to put in card details, a tad confusing for the first time buyer!

I finally checked out and got an order number followed by a confirmation email.

I have to say it was very easy to snatch on the web....too easy almost...:54: and was delighted to grab a couple of their £1 bargains. :mysmilie_735.gif:

Yes ladies, definitely Gremlins at work last night. I was checking out a basket at roughly the same time.....lucky we didn't end up with each others baskets...:eek:.....

I have to say it was very easy to snatch on the web....too easy almost...:54: and was delighted to grab a couple of their £1 bargains. :mysmilie_735.gif:

I'm sure I wouldn't have minded at all if I'd ended up with your basket Sacha :D :54:

Just mis-heard the presenter on at the moment (really like her) she said 'the size on that fire opal' and I thought she said 'the thighs on that fire opal' :11:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back