Question for ARA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Indigoblue

Registered Shopper
Hi. Could you let us know how long we can keep things in our baskets for? Is it from 8am 'till 2pm or for 24hrs? Or longer?
I've already checked out one order today but looked in a while back late evening and snatched something else.(item 184 323) Ideally I'd like to carry it over to tomorrow but am afraid it will disappear overnight.It would be great if you could let us know the score here or perhaps put it somewhere on the website.It may already be there but I can't find it if it is.
Also what are the customer service hours?
Thanks.:1:

thanks for the info on your basket problems I have raised it with the people that are controlling that part of the system.
Also Customer Service is available 8am to 6pm

Hi ARA can I ask why your ordering system at rocksandco doesn't recognise orders made from the web tried to ring up and add to order said can't combine web and phone orders even on same day been told this twice now a week ago was told this was being looked into! so two lots of p&p would be charged on one day - one phone one web!

Also was told that customer services only work Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and call centre can't seem to help with any ordering problems anytime over weekend or evening hope it's just teething problems and this will be different soon as have been happy with what I have purchased so far but a bit unhappy today with problems I have had, I have emailed customer services about an ordering problem I have had today so hopefully will hear tomorrow

sorry to hear you had problems too

Hi ARA can I ask why your ordering system at rocksandco doesn't recognise orders made from the web tried to ring up and add to order said can't combine web and phone orders even on same day been told this twice now a week ago was told this was being looked into! so two lots of p&p would be charged on one day - one phone one web!

Also was told that customer services only work Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and call centre can't seem to help with any ordering problems anytime over weekend or evening hope it's just teething problems and this will be different soon as have been happy with what I have purchased so far but a bit unhappy today with problems I have had, I have emailed customer services about an ordering problem I have had today so hopefully will hear tomorrow

:1: Hi PandaBear,
I'm so sorry to hear that your having problems too! and I hope you are sorted out in the morning as soon as possible...too many basket and order issues and problems for my liking, to consider ordering again with them just yet anyway,... but never say never. :25:

I just hope my problems have been sorted out properly too, and that I still have my refund in place in my bank account. perhaps their refund is still clearing in my available balance!? but its showing up in my actual balance ? either way I know my bank details do not tally up, and I've only ordered wth them so the problem is theirs, may be I'll know more in the morning when I go into my bank account again.:51:

What a farce too by putting the jewelery back to normal prices, when the emptying of the baskets is their problem, thus charging your account more thank you think you have spent! when they put them back in.

Hope all goes well for you PandaBear!:57:

Luv Mirabelle xxx :40:

Last edited:
Hi. Could you let us know how long we can keep things in our baskets for? Is it from 8am 'till 2pm or for 24hrs? Or longer?
I've already checked out one order today but looked in a while back late evening and snatched something else.(item 184 323) Ideally I'd like to carry it over to tomorrow but am afraid it will disappear overnight.It would be great if you could let us know the score here or perhaps put it somewhere on the website.It may already be there but I can't find it if it is.
Also what are the customer service hours?
Thanks.:1:

HI Indigoblue

When you go into Your Basket it says:- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASE IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU CHECK OUT. ITEMS REMAIN IN YOUR SHOPPING BASKET FOR 24 HOURS. PLEASE CHECK OUT WITHIN THIS TIME TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

I assume from that it would be 24 hours from putting the first item in the basket but I could be wrong!!

HI Indigoblue

When you go into Your Basket it says:- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASE IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU CHECK OUT. ITEMS REMAIN IN YOUR SHOPPING BASKET FOR 24 HOURS. PLEASE CHECK OUT WITHIN THIS TIME TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

I assume from that it would be 24 hours from putting the first item in the basket but I could be wrong!!

Thanks Klosblue,you're a gem.:1:(Which one would you like to be?)and I'm a cubic zirconia!
Do feel free anyone to remind me to put my ****** glasses on next time I go online!:22:
:8:

Well I now know it's 24 hours or so, as I've lost 2 items 'cos I couldn't log in :( Since yesterday at some point if I tried to bid on line I got the serve error message thingy (not so bad, I could always phone up) but I haven't been able to log in or check out - same message. I'm not devastated - they were two little items that were possible presents and it's not the end of the world - but more frustrated. I had a swiss topaz pendant in there that I got for £9 and I've just seen it go for £17, and I do like to give my family the cheapest presents that I can :D

Sorry I couldn't clarify over the weekend, I needed make sure I had the correct info. Each item will stay in your basket for 24 hours so you need to check it out in under this time if you want to keep it. You can have a number of items in your basket and they each have their own 24hour shelf life.

I'm no expert but to me this has 'scam' written all over it..

Harfarhs what has "scam" written all over it??? :Thinking2: Have you posted under the wrong channel? Maybe it's Gems TV you're thinking about with their £1 telephone only auctions??!!

I purchased three items by phone on Saturday and two on Sunday via the web and I had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

To start accusing anyone of "scamming" people is very dangerous but considering this channel have just changed their sales methods to Falling Auctions by popular demand, you can forgive teething problems - or at least you should!!

I don't know why it would be a scam. I've spoken to a very nice lady in CS and she said that their systems over the weekend were all over the place. I have lost my order after I couldn't check out, but I can't understand why every item was sold out even though I phoned up as soon as I lost my order. I would have thought the items in my basket would have been 'back on the shelf' again. (Unless, of course, they were never in my basket in the first place!) CS is investigating for me and are going to ring me back. I've also PM'd ARA a couple of times, but haven't heard back as yet.
I'm sure it was all down to genuine system problems, but as one of my items was a beautiful AAA tanzanite ring for only £295, to say I'm a little upset would be the understatement of the year!

HEAR HEAR Klos:1:

Hear hear here :) too

Jacqualina, I hope you get your goodies - I saw a couple of gorgeous tanzy rings go at about that price over the weekend but wasn't quick enough off the mark.

I was supposed to contact cs this morning, but have left it for today and I guess they'll be inundated with calls from all the things that happened to orders over the weekend. Perhaps next time they make a couple of radical changes (longer hours and falling auctions all in one go?) they won't do it so close to the weekend :eek:

UPDATE: I've just logged in successfully - the first time I've been able to do that since Saturday - and been able to check my order. Improvement there, then :D

Last edited:
Thank you Pimms, yes they've been fantastic and have retrieved most of my order (incuding the tanzanite ring). Am starting a new post to sing their CS praises!

Thank you Pimms, yes they've been fantastic and have retrieved most of my order (incuding the tanzanite ring). Am starting a new post to sing their CS praises!
Fantastic news jaqualina.:1:Am so pleased for you.Hope you get a lovely delivery.:59:
Like Klosblue I was lucky enough not to have any problems buying and have no idea what the accusation of 'scamming' is about.There are bound to be some problems to start with,let's give them a chance.Their cs seem to be shaping up well and that's a good start.:35:

Really pleased to hear things are being sorted out. Jacqualina that's great your order has been found. I have to say that all the ladies at Rocks & Co that I have spoken to have been lovely. Shame about the hiccups but I'm sure they will all be ironed out soon.

I was lucky enough not to have any problems buying and have no idea what the accusation of 'scamming' is about

Simply that (I assume) they have revenue from their customer services phone number, so it benefits them to have people on hold while they 'try to sort things out' :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back