Help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

susan

Registered Shopper
I placed an order with qvc and it was supposed to be delivered by Hermes. It now says on the Hermes site that parcel not delivered as damaged! What happens now? Thanks for your help

I would call them asap and ask what they're going to do, in my experience QVC never even bother to let you know when something like that happens and just leave you waiting for something that'll never arrive. In my last house I had a saga several times where I ordered something, the delivery person decided they couldn't find my house for god knows what reason, so they just didn't bother, took the thing back, cancelled the order and forgot all about it, leaving me waiting about a fortnight before realising something was actually amiss and it wasn't just them being horrendously slow as usual. I wasn't informed of any of this, by anyone, at any stage and neither was I refunded. They clearly thought they could just keep my money for nothing. Absolutely unbelievable. Funny, no other retailers' delivery people struggled to find my house...

I once had a package that was returned to Hermes, because it had leaked everywhere. The courier put a card through my door telling me that she was taking it back to their depot. I asked CS what they were going to do and whether they were intending to send out a replacement. They said that when they had received a copy of the courier's card then they would schedule a refund and would then send out a replacement. Failing that, I could place a second order before they refunded me. I scanned the card and sent them the copy and did receive a refund. I didn't bother ordering the item in the end. I'm not sure what would have happened if the courier hadn't popped a card through the door.

I suggest you ring QVC's CS and ask what you should do. They should be able to contact Hermes to confirm the damage, but if they start making excuses and delaying things it might be an idea to take a screen shot of the message on the Hermes site, which relates to your order, and then print it out and send it to QVC.

Last edited:
In my experience as well, QVC never lets you know that an order has been damaged... they don't even seem to automatically replace the item.

Also, take a screen dump of the message and save it... if you ever get 'The Letter' then you can show this as one of the returns that was not of your making.

Latest posts

Back