Sack dawbags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
This woman is full of herself, so boring, so crass, so loud, why bother to have guests on with her as they are barely allowed to speak! I really wanted some Bobbi Brown products but the really lovely girls barely got a chance to talk about them. In particular the foundations - I will say for AY she does immediately show the different shades but it was too much trouble for AD and yesterday Claire was just as bad and did not demonstrate the colours. Are they there on an ego trip or for the benefit of us, the customers?

These two and some of the others have such huge egos there is no room for the products. I have come to appreciate Julia more and more as the years go on, she gives all the information in an interesting way and is considerate to the guests.

I remember some years back on New Year's Day she was doing a jewellery sale show. All we got was the story of her home in Italy! Seriously. She held each item of jewellery in her hand gave the item number and then just continued with the holiday stories.

I just wish she would stop shouting, there are plenty of comments about this on the QVC Facebook page and I don't understand why the presenters don't get feedback or don't act on it.

I ALWAYS switch channels when Anne Dawson is presenting. Franksy, whilst she does grate on me, is bearable and I can watch her, not necessarily like her. I concur re Anne's decibel busting voice plus, this may be just me, she gives the impression she isn't too interested in the products, and regards it primarily as a job which, admittedly, it is and no-one with a single brain cell would do it gratis, she seems somewhat apathetic.

Haha, I thought this thread was about sack draw bags and was something for laundry...........

I remember some years back on New Year's Day she was doing a jewellery sale show. All we got was the story of her home in Italy! Seriously. She held each item of jewellery in her hand gave the item number and then just continued with the holiday stories.

her god paid for that :smirk:

What I cannot understand is why they sack decent well liked presenters like Debbie Greenwood and Julian, and yet keep Dawon and Franks. No logic to it at all. They must have watertight contracts.

What I cannot understand is why they sack decent well liked presenters like Debbie Greenwood and Julian, and yet keep Dawon and Franks. No logic to it at all. They must have watertight contracts.

perhaps their contracts aren't due for renewal yet ?.........watch this space !

I don't really understand how Ann Dawson got the job. And also her voice grates on me. I usually love the Scottish accent but not hers. Cant say I like Julia much more though, she may be good at giving out the info but I find her too snobbish with too many irritating mannerisms. I wish Debbie Greenwood would come back.

I actually made written complaints about Dawbags TWICE a few years ago!!

She was continually begging for freebies on air.

There was one particular Prescriptives show, where she spent the whole hour asking the guest to give her free make-up.

It was the most painfully embarrassing show ever!!

She was always asking for things on other shows but this was totally OTT.

I had bland replies like "the matter would be raised" but I dont THINK she does it now......

But maybe I am wrong because if she is on screen, I switch off.

There was one particular Prescriptives show, where she spent the whole hour asking the guest to give her free make-up.

I had bland replies like "the matter would be raised" but I dont THINK she does it now......

Your reply reminded me of something that shocked me a couple of weeks ago, although I didn't post anything on here at the time. It was the 22nd September and a Gatineau show, and Andrew was launching a new product - the Collagene Smoothing Cream, item 204647. He only had a sample as it was still under production so the item was waitlisted until this week. He had the only unlabelled sample, but had told AJ about it. He said, laughingly, that this wasn't good enough for AJ as she had phoned Gatineau Paris direct and demanded a sample.

OK she couldn't promote something that she hadn't tried, but to go over Andrew's head like that I think is terrible. Who do these people think they are?

Reminds me of a Kipling show where she was grabbing the Kipling samples and stashing them under her chair while saying that she was going to keep them. I was totally disgusted and it put me off purchasing from any show she was on. Her other ploy was, with cosmetics especially, saying she used the item herself but had just finished the pot and then put the guest in an awkward position. I became fed up of hearing her ungrammatical "I have just RAN out" and resolved never to watch another show with her presenting on it again. That was a few years ago and I still can't bring myself to watch her even if the brazen cadging has been reigned in.

I think she overdoes the Scottish thing a bit! Lorraine Kelly she ain't! More like televangelist with a face that looks like a smacked arse that's been rubbed with a nutmeg grater and a voice like a whining set of bagpipes! Maybe she has a Kipling fetish and will one day get sacked when they find her drawer full of Kipling monkeys that she has stolen over the years. I really don't understand how some of these presenters enjoy such longevity when they are to shopping telly what Chris de Burgh is to music! Having said that I still prefer her to Jill Franks. At least Ann Dawson is reasonably down-to-Earth.

I'm Scottish and her voice grates on me!

It's embarrassing to watch AD asking for freebies, why does she have to do it on air? You think she could at least wait until after the show. I can imagine her rubbing her hands together and walking about with a big grin before she goes on air to present Bare Minerals, Kipling etc!

It's a complete farce to see her presenting "anti ageing" skincare lines raving about them when they so obviously have done nothing for her!

Your reply reminded me of something that shocked me a couple of weeks ago, although I didn't post anything on here at the time. It was the 22nd September and a Gatineau show, and Andrew was launching a new product - the Collagene Smoothing Cream, item 204647. He only had a sample as it was still under production so the item was waitlisted until this week. He had the only unlabelled sample, but had told AJ about it. He said, laughingly, that this wasn't good enough for AJ as she had phoned Gatineau Paris direct and demanded a sample.

OK she couldn't promote something that she hadn't tried, but to go over Andrew's head like that I think is terrible. Who do these people think they are?

Who is AJ? Or am I being thick?

Apart from the on air begging, she has done that from day one!!!!!! Its the my villa in Italy we get the, "Oh just back from my villa in Italy". We get the non-stop holiday stories.

Oh I did see the Gatineau AJ thing, I actually thought perhaps Andrew was telling as a joke????!!!!

Latest posts

Back