Emu TSV 12/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very boring offering again from Q .They often have Emu boots in Tk maxx , its all about luck if they have your size but there normally around the £65-£75, so a bargain compared to Qvc

I wouldn't touch EMU boots with a bargepole. Two years ago I bought some Stinger Lo boots when they were on TSV. They were so uncomfortable to wear outside and did not support my feet at all. I wore them outside twice and then ended up wearing them around the house as (expensive) slippers. They are nice and warm. The worse thing though is the holes which have appeared in the big toe area after very little actual wear. They have been the biggest waste of money ever and if the 30 day moneyback guarantee had not been up they would have gone back!!! They are my worse QVC purchase ever!

I love my Emus. Really comfy and are wearing really well. HOWEVER, I bought a pair of ugly boots from Costco the same week. They look very similar and I can't tell any difference in quality. The insole doesn't come out and there's no designer tag but apart from that they appear same. They have had equal wear and are both still in the same excellent condition. The main difference then ? About a hundred and fifteen quid! The Costco ones were £35 ish. They are so good that today I bought myself some sheepskin slippers from there for under £20.00 .The Emu ones on Q have a fancier side button detail but are 55 quid. I'm well happy with my Costco ones xx

I bought the Stinger Hi and returned them because after 6 months the sheepskin on the heel had worn through and exposed a very hard, knobbly bit of seam which gave me blisters. I didn't expect to get my money back but CustServ were very good and I got a full refund. But apart from that the flat soles were so inflexible that the boots flapped round on my foot and I had to scrunch my toes up to keep them on. No more Emu boots for me.

Got two pairs of the EMU Angel Lo boots and they are very comfortable and wearing well, this will be their third winter. I've also in the past bought the Costco equivalent and agree with Big Barbie, they have been excellent and a real bargain.

Mine also wore a hole through the big toe area, although I have had them nearly 2 years, I though this was because I could not walk in 5's so got the 4's which were slightly small but not uncomfortable. I wish Emu were more consistent with their sizes I have a pair of slippers size 5 a perfect fit and no holes

I have stinger hi'from Amazon. Bought them last winter and wore them so often the sheepskin wore off at the big toe and heel too. I think this is to be expected with heavy use as the rest of the boot is fine. The sole inserts are removeable though, and replacement soles are available on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of new boots. I have replaced the soles in mine for this season.

I have stinger hi'from Amazon. Bought them last winter and wore them so often the sheepskin wore off at the big toe and heel too. I think this is to be expected with heavy use as the rest of the boot is fine. The sole inserts are removeable though, and replacement soles are available on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of new boots. I have replaced the soles in mine for this season.

I totally expect that with heavy use the toe area could wear out. I have hardly worn mine at all though. I only ventured outside in them twice, I couldn't walk in them properly. I was very disappointed in them and just stick to my Fitflop boots now.

I don't buy the waterproof argument. I wear my ugg boots in all weathers and sometimes they do get wet soaked even. because they are wool they dry out quite well without the use of any direct heat. I noticed too that the tsv sheepskin fur was not shown is it a nice and plush as other emu boots. they also looked stiff.

I had a hole in my ugg boots but I went up a full size and a perfect fit and no more holes. could not do that with emu's they come up very big and the ankle fitting is too lose

I have Merrell Yarra boots and they are totally waterproof I wore them in the snow last year and my feet were dry all the time no matter how long I was out.
For hiking I have meindl boots and interestingly most waterproof hiking boots are only guaranteed for one year.

I totally expect that with heavy use the toe area could wear out. I have hardly worn mine at all though. I only ventured outside in them twice, I couldn't walk in them properly. I was very disappointed in them and just stick to my Fitflop boots now.

I have some fitflop boots too Whitesnake. Had mine 3 years now and they are still going strong. They are fab- but I wish they had the wooly soles.

cant compare the quality of emu boots and uggs. i went up a half size and no holes in the toes and no sloughing off my feet. sheepskin still going strong 5 winters on my oldest uggs. lightweight but stilll sturdy. the materials, construction and fit are second to none

Latest posts

Back