Please Wait...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I am just unlucky or is anyone else here experiencing ridiculously long times waiting for refunds from QVC? I send everything back via recorded delivery so I can track parcels and appreciate that delivery can take up to a week. I'm sure that QVC's parcels go to some special place in the middle of nowhere, to be left for some long random time before someone comes to pick them up and deal with them. That belief has been reinforced by a tracking message from Royal Mail saying that my parcel has been redirected at the receiver's request. Once tracking shows it has been delivered, I'm noticing that it can then take QVC almost a week to mark items on my account as returned. Is the long delay being caused by sheer volume of returns perhaps? I feel as though I should be writing to them and asking for interest as they've had my money for so long!

I'm currently experiencing the same thing! Returned something by courier 5 days ago and still doesn't show up on my account that it's returned. I've emailed them about it this morning.

It is probably some accounting advantage to them if they delay as long as they can to issue refunds. Same with picking up returns - 3 reminders from me before they sent the courier.

Ahh same old reply!

"As of yet we the order hasn't been marked as being received back in our warehouse. We ask our customers to allow up to 14 days from the date of return for a refund/replacement to be issued, although it doesn't usually take the full 14 days."

I've never ever known any company take so long to process returns, I've returned to companies just as big as QVC and the next day the money is back in my account. I imagine this has been discussed on here 5 million times befpre, but I've only been shopping with Q a year or so.

It can take up to 3 weeks for refunds to hit your bank, this is from when they acknowledge they have got the item back. I have had it take up to week for that to happen. I think all returns must be processed by one little man who is on a go slow.
So if you send goods back towards the end of the 30DMG they can have your money for up to 6 weeks!!
Just think of all the interest they must be getting on all of our money.
Even on items that aren't ever received it can take 5 or 6 weeks to get your money back, what with all of the letters going back and forth to Q customer services.
So they are on to a win win situation with our money.

Yes but the interest rate is pants so they wont be benefitting too much. Still they are holding onto our money for too long after the goods are received on their premises, whether they redirect the item or not. That must be one for Watchdog as if interests rates were better they would be raking it in at our expense. Amazon don't do this so why do they?

Last Tuesday I returned the last EMU TSV by Special Delivery (£10.40!!), and I have just called them to say I am concerned at how long the return is taking to show on my account. I have been told to call again next Wednesday if it is still not showing as returned! At this rate the second Easy Pay will be due!

I recommend buying Emu from Amazon - the boots themselves are usually cheaper and most of the sellers there offer free delivery and returns. A bit off topic here but I don't understand why QVC don't compare their service and prices before going to air. Not just Emu really, this applies to most of their range. Then having to wait so long for everything isn't really giving the customers that feeling of "20 years of putting you first" as they said in their birthday propaganda.

I returned an item on Monday and on Tuesday it was showing up as returned in my account. Today I received an email to let me know that I was being refunded. I'll post to let you know when the money arrives in my bank account.

I returned an item on Monday and on Tuesday it was showing up as returned in my account. Today I received an email to let me know that I was being refunded. I'll post to let you know when the money arrives in my bank account.

Lucky you! Its 10 days since I had my return collected by Hermes, there seems to be no consistency to this. I too returned the Emu TSV, it won't be long now til the next easy payment is taken!

Lucky you! Its 10 days since I had my return collected by Hermes, there seems to be no consistency to this. As a previous poster I too returned the Emu TSV, it won't be long now til the next easy payment is taken!

I also only sent it back first class, ignoring the note that I'm sure I read somewhere where they suggest you send things back by special delivery.

Mind you, it could be weeks before the refund arrives back in my bank account but I'm the eternal optimist. :wink:

I also only sent it back first class, ignoring the note that I'm sure I read somewhere where they suggest you send things back by special delivery.

Mind you, it could be weeks before the refund arrives back in my bank account but I'm the eternal optimist. :wink:

I've never sent anything back special delivery, always been 2nd class. Never had any problems.

The refund was back in my bank account this morning, so that's only 4 days since I returned it which, in my book, is pretty good going.

I am just unlucky or is anyone else here experiencing ridiculously long times waiting for refunds from QVC? I send everything back via recorded delivery so I can track parcels and appreciate that delivery can take up to a week QUOTE]

If I send back recorded delivery (only for expensive items, others I just send 2nd class with proof of posting) I then ring QVC CS and give them the number on the parcel that is printed on your receipt and they action the refund straight away!

Since making the thread, I've noticed that QVC are processing them more quickly! Can't help wonder if someone there reads here or maybe they just had so many they've decided to devote more staff time to returns. 4 days from sending is acceptable, 2 weeks not!

The "other side" are still much quicker though. My last return was processed the day after I sent it! Couldn't get any quicker if I took it there myself :) They send friendly update emails too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back