ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fallen Angel

Lebonaholic
We have had the best, now your worst.

These spring to mind for me!!

No Wet Wonder Foam - made such a mess, any never got the stains out
Space Bags - kept inflating after they were sealed

Set of beaded keyrings - looked pretty and thought they'd made nice stocking fillers, but having kept one for myself every couple of days more beads came off and I ended up just with a chain.

Beauty products generally - not because they're bad purchases, but because they fed an addiction!

A plastic, battery operated ice cream maker.
It was awful, really terrible.

As soon as the ice cream started to freeze, the paddles wouldn't turn anymore so they snapped and the batteries only lasted a short time because they were in a freezer.
The worst part was I bought 3 of them for a few of the children in the family. To this day I have never mentioned them again.
Too embarrassed I suppose.
I think they were about £15 or £16 each, so I lost quite a bit of money on them.
Never again.

A plastic, battery operated ice cream maker.
It was awful, really terrible.

As soon as the ice cream started to freeze, the paddles wouldn't turn anymore so they snapped and the batteries only lasted a short time because they were in a freezer.
The worst part was I bought 3 of them for a few of the children in the family. To this day I have never mentioned them again.
Too embarrassed I suppose.
I think they were about £15 or £16 each, so I lost quite a bit of money on them.
Never again.

I bought one of these when I used to fall for the hype. I agree with the above, although the batteries used to die in the freezer before the ingredients froze, so didn't break the paddles. Only used it twice, complete waste of money.

One of those gratery things. I never got the hang of it, even with the guard, and grated my fingertips more than once.

L'Artisan set of 6 perfumes. They smell horrid. I think they are probably off. I should have returned them. I've got better stuff now.

One of those torch TSVs the smaller ones just worked for about a week.

Last edited:
I bought one of these when I used to fall for the hype. I agree with the above, although the batteries used to die in the freezer before the ingredients froze, so didn't break the paddles. Only used it twice, complete waste of money.

Glad I wasn't the only one that fell for this....!

My 2nd worst purchase was the luggage scales. My mum found the same ones in Poundland! Ok, it didn't come with cable ties & and nail clippers(?) but they were identical!

A Prices Candles TSV from last year. It was a Christmas set and I thought they would make great christmas presents. They absolutely stunk. P&P to return was astronomical so I ended up giving one set as a present and the other three sets went to the charity shop. I should have known better. Will only buy Yankee Candles now.

Latest posts

Back