Butler & Wilson TSV 1/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

acutally its the 1st of November Simon said on air last night that he is back on the 1st with a TSV

Fallen Angel probably got the information from the QVC TV guide from the website (as I did) which states the TSV is on the 30th October.
I actually think the website is wrong, but is there really any need to start your reply with 'Actually....blah, blah, blah'?
You're not a child in a playground.
Why not say it nicely, for example, 'Sorry Fallen Angel, I think QVC have the wrong info on the website. I think the TSV is on the 1st November now'.
Manners cost nothing and FA isn't a child that needs telling off.

Fallen Angel probably got the information from the QVC TV guide from the website (as I did) which states the TSV is on the 30th October.
I actually think the website is wrong, but is there really any need to start your reply with 'Actually....blah, blah, blah'?
Why not say it nicely, for example, 'Sorry Fallen Angel, I think QVC have the wrong info on the website. I think the TSV is on the 1st November now'.

I cannot see the reason for your post, MrMarple; What Ian said, was not with an attitude or, in any way petulant or nasty. He was just giving the correct date for the tsv - information.

I cannot see the reason for your post, MrMarple; What Ian said, was not with an attitude or, in any way petulant or nasty. He was just giving the correct date for the tsv - information.

We will have to agree to disagree then because in my opinion it was said with an attitude, it was petulant and while I agree that it wasn't nasty, it did remind me of a child in the playground trying to get one over another child.

It's hard to tell and Mr M may be doing SCW an equal disservice, who knows?

Hang on a mo, and someone else will be along to guesstimate how much we all earn.

Oh no now I'm making assumptions!

How very sad to be highlighting Ian's difficulties with written communication again, when it has been pointed out previously that it is exactly that - Ian has difficulties with both written and verbal communication. I personally feel quite uncomfortable that this has been needless pointed out again and I know that it is upsetting and hurtful to the young man concerned.

The only 'actuallys' that bug me are the constant stream coming from Alison young. Regardless what date its on I won't be watching, can't stand the slimy simon Wilson or the gaudy skull and crossbones tat he usually brings.

This is surprisingly good-looking, I like the gun-metal toned one and I can see DD wearing the gold-tone. The quality has to be better than previous TSVs - the big perspex flowers on itchy wire (returned) and the shocking fabric handbag (didn't order) have made me very wary of B&W. The brand was so highly thought of in the 80s when I first heard of it but Simon definitely passes off a lot of "emperor's new clothes" tatt as eclectic in recent years on QVC.

Please QVC (or any other shopping channel) please entice Nicky Butler (the other half of the B&W name) to bring his gorgeous silver jewellery to the UK. I have a few pieces which have beautiful cabochon amethyst, citrine aquamarine stones in silver which cost less than many &Wilson fashion jewellery. He's on HSN in the States: http://www.hsn.com/shop/nicky-butler/18 The silver price has pushed up prices I notice but I could still be tempted.

You sound more like a child in a playground to me. A totally unnecessary remark IMO.

I recently bought a B&W necklace for a special 'do' in a few weeks and am delighted with it. It surpassed my expectations, from the overall presentation when first opening the box, to how it looks / feels when on. Really pleased with it... and it was on easy pay :Smile:

Saying that, there is some - no, change that - a lot of the range that I don't like at all.

This is surprisingly good-looking, I like the gun-metal toned one and I can see DD wearing the gold-tone. The quality has to be better than previous TSVs - the big perspex flowers on itchy wire (returned) and the shocking fabric handbag (didn't order) have made me very wary of B&W. The brand was so highly thought of in the 80s when I first heard of it but Simon definitely passes off a lot of "emperor's new clothes" tatt as eclectic in recent years on QVC.

Please QVC (or any other shopping channel) please entice Nicky Butler (the other half of the B&W name) to bring his gorgeous silver jewellery to the UK. I have a few pieces which have beautiful cabochon amethyst, citrine aquamarine stones in silver which cost less than many &Wilson fashion jewellery. He's on HSN in the States: http://www.hsn.com/shop/nicky-butler/18 The silver price has pushed up prices I notice but I could still be tempted.

It would be nice, but I can't see him going to Q.
I have a feeling that Simon would throw a strop if they invited Nicky to sell on their channel. I'll bet he's a right diva behind the scenes.

Hell yes! But QVC needs a "blue touch paper" moment like this, I think the old guard brands get lazy and greedy so I'd like to see some new lines introduced. I think Simon needs QVC more than they need him. You're right though it'll never happen.

I don't like it , some of the photos make it look like you have a bike chain round your neck , would be ok for £20 but I cant see it being anywhere near that price.

No I won't be watching either. I hate his cheap looking tat and often wonder who is conned into buying this rubbish.

I hadn't even considered the price! There's plenty of "statement" necklaces in Top Shop and New Look (better prices at the latter) so even if I like it in the flesh it'd have to be competitively priced against the dreaded high street, where the shops will be starting their pre-Christmas sales soon.

Latest posts

Back