TJC - Not As Good As It Used To Be

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydiva

Registered Shopper
I was a real TJC fan, but since the new boss arrived, it seems to me that they now sell just a load of tat. It's all cheap stuff and when they do actually have something gold on, it's made with the thinnest gold I've ever seen.

If you want anything near normal quality, you need Iliana or Rhapsody and it's now priced as much as in a regular jewellery store. 1ct Iliana will cost you £1000 on a good day, but the gold weight is not so great and you need to pay at least half as much again to have a nice weight ring. Rhapsody is the same with some uber-light pieces creeping in with incredibly thin bands on rings.

I think they lost me when they started selling bags and scarves and it all started looking like a market stall.

I agree dollydiva. I have bought some really nice pieces of Illiana and Rhapsody from TJC, but that was a good while ago. The channel now provides a very random offering of items - as you say, it has become like a market stall. I tend to buy the silk scarves, which are very nice. What TJC has managed to do, I feel, is to devalue the higher end pieces of jewellery. Would you want to buy a Columbian emerald from a channel that is selling glittery brooches and rings in base metal?

I concur Tilly. Take last Monday: Gems TV Star Deal was a diamond ring, TJC Deal of the Day was a Snood. You'd think that was a joke if it wasn't true.

Can you imagine if Mary Portas looked at the business? "What's all this bleedin' tat?! Snoods? Snoods!!! What has a Snood to do with jewellery? What are you selling? Jewellery or tat? When you've made up your mind, you give me a call.:Laugh:"

I was a real TJC fan, but since the new boss arrived, it seems to me that they now sell just a load of tat. It's all cheap stuff and when they do actually have something gold on, it's made with the thinnest gold I've ever seen.

If you want anything near normal quality, you need Iliana or Rhapsody and it's now priced as much as in a regular jewellery store. 1ct Iliana will cost you £1000 on a good day, but the gold weight is not so great and you need to pay at least half as much again to have a nice weight ring. Rhapsody is the same with some uber-light pieces creeping in with incredibly thin bands on rings.

I think they lost me when they started selling bags and scarves and it all started looking like a market stall.

I m also not a fan of the new bosses coming on screen and talking all the way threw the presentation and the Asian guy talks really quickly he is hard to keep up with and colin is just to smug by half come on jewelry channel lets get back to quality jewelry and stop all this under 10.00 stuff and market stall tat lets have the good stuff the presenters are good at their jobs and know about jewelry not hand bags scarfs and crappy ornaments weres all the good jewelry gone liana and the platinum ranges are now few and far between theres no middle ground jewelry anymore its either 10.00 or 2000 whats happening !!!!!

I must agree.:Sad:
I was watching the channel and saw a 1 ct three row diamond band ring. I commented that it looked lovely but didn't buy it.
A while later my hubby presented me with the ring as a surprise present. At first glance it was gorgeous and two outer band of round diamond sparkled beautifully. Unfortunately the middle band of baguette diamonds is absolutely dreadful. Some of the baguette shapes have been made up of two broken diamonds fitted together to make the shape,some are broken diagonally and some up and down.
I knew that at the price it was not going to be great diamonds but I didn't expect a mishmash of broken offcuts to be used. I am actually embarrassed to wear it but as it was given to me after the return date I have no choice but to keep it.
It will be the last thing I order from them.
(I have just found the ring in the online auction Item Code : 1393337. )

I must agree.:Sad:
I was watching the channel and saw a 1 ct three row diamond band ring. I commented that it looked lovely but didn't buy it.
A while later my hubby presented me with the ring as a surprise present. At first glance it was gorgeous and two outer band of round diamond sparkled beautifully. Unfortunately the middle band of baguette diamonds is absolutely dreadful. Some of the baguette shapes have been made up of two broken diamonds fitted together to make the shape,some are broken diagonally and some up and down.
I knew that at the price it was not going to be great diamonds but I didn't expect a mishmash of broken offcuts to be used. I am actually embarrassed to wear it but as it was given to me after the return date I have no choice but to keep it.
It will be the last thing I order from them.
(I have just found the ring in the online auction Item Code : 1393337. )

Hello, I don't normally post

I am so sad that your ring is not as good as if could be......have you contacted customer services and asked them to send you an envelope to return and for your diamonds to be replaced? If that was my ring, I would not hesitate in asking for the ring to be replaced or repaired......

I buy a lot of jewellery from TJC still ......not much Iliana or Rhapsody as I would like but if I have purchased anything that just is not up to the standard that I expect....I am onto CS and tell them what I think and I return the item.

Your ring has gone beyond the 30 money back etc....I am sure the sales of goods act kick in. TJC cannot sell a ring with broken or mismatched diamonds without offering a remedy repair, replace or money back. I am sure they will get into a whole lot of problems if you refer to trading standards. See link for description of SOG Act http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/

I hope you can work out a solution with TJC....I must admit I have lost my love of the tv based jewellery channels all the quality has gone down to be honest, it not just TJC, the other one with the strange new name!....Purchased two items and return both totally underwhelmed. R&C well I am amazed they are still on TV

Latest posts

Back