Diane Gilman TSV - 11th October

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I imaging it will be some dark blue jeans with a hint of elastic in them and some kind of embroidered pattern / sequins. £45.99 + P&P. Pure guessing on my part.

I imaging it will be some dark blue jeans with a hint of elastic in them and some kind of embroidered pattern / sequins. £45.99 + P&P. Pure guessing on my part.

I was thinking along the same lines. Could you guess them a little cheaper Julius?

I had been watching them for a long time and decided to order a pair on the clearance price. I have been wearing mens jeans for many years as its difficult to buy them where I am. Apart from the fact that I live on a hill/mountain village that is 2 hours drive from any decent shops, the only choice is the local market. Most of the local woman are very tiny and I am taller than most men here.

So I tried a pair and I have to say I am very pleased with them. Very comfortable and I don't show "builders bum" when I am climing in and out of the Jeep or Caterham.

I love DG jeans. Although they are designed for women with thicker waists, I have found them great for women like me with waists a dress size and a half smaller than their hips and bust because the stretch in the fabric allows me to buy a size that fits my waist and will still stretch over my hips with comfort (rather than having the either have a baggy waist, a waist that has to be altered and spoils the line of the jeans, or crippling myself so I can't bend or sit down!). A life-saver, truly. And it's so nice to have jean that look expensive, hold their shape and are flexible. Very much looking forward to the TSV and hoping for something a bit glam but still tasteful!

I love DG jeans. Although they are designed for women with thicker waists, I have found them great for women like me with waists a dress size and a half smaller than their hips and bust because the stretch in the fabric allows me to buy a size that fits my waist and will still stretch over my hips with comfort (rather than having the either have a baggy waist, a waist that has to be altered and spoils the line of the jeans, or crippling myself so I can't bend or sit down!). A life-saver, truly. And it's so nice to have jean that look expensive, hold their shape and are flexible. Very much looking forward to the TSV and hoping for something a bit glam but still tasteful!

Try these for a touch of glamour. I have these and love them, plus they are a good price:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Diane-Gilman-M...c=105452-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-6-_-105452

I really dislike DG jeans despite ordering xs they are always too baggy and the cut is very unflattering ,last pair I had were made in China as well .
Lynn :dull:

I bought my first pair recently on a very rare trip to Shewsbury outlet store. Nipped into M&S to try them on and was thrilled with them, wish I could have bought a denim pair as well as the black that I purchased. I went for a skinny leg and mine was not blingy, just a silver tone plaque on the rear pocket. Although I bought my first pair at a discount, I would definitely pay a higher price for another pair in a different colour.

I have bought two pairs of DG jeans, however was disappointed with one pair as within a few weeks holes began to appear. They fitted lovely so it was such a shame.

Thanks Holmca. I bought the pair you put a link to above. They are a good leg length at 32.5. I'm sure the rhinestones the studs will slowly fall off. Hopefully they will be quite thick and suitable for winter wear. I'm justifying the purchase on an old pair being quite thin and have to be retired to summer wear only.

Thanks Holmca. I bought the pair you put a link to above. They are a good leg length at 32.5. I'm sure the rhinestones the studs will slowly fall off. Hopefully they will be quite thick and suitable for winter wear. I'm justifying the purchase on an old pair being quite thin and have to be retired to summer wear only.

I haven't worn mine out yet as it is still quite warm here, but I can describe them a bit more for you as I have both the black and the blue. The studs in general are more bronze coloured and are different shapes and sizes. In addition the blue pair have 9 amber coloured studs randomly distributed (on the back and front - 18 in total) as well and the black pair have clear. The studs are thicker placed at the bottom of the leg and thin out towards the knee. Also the studs are on the back and front of the lower leg.

You could also wear these out during the day, without giving the impression that you have just crawled home from an all night party!

Hope you like them!

DG is an interesting lady. She has certainly tapped into a market for a certain kind of product. I read somewhere that she injects herself with human growth hormones of some kind to stay looking young. She does look youngish for 60+. I wonder if she slathers herself in Lulu's Time Bomb. Oh wait......that's just a load of gloopy parabeny stuff innit!

You're a bit behind the times Julius, she used to do this a long while ago. That 'treatment' has horrendous side effects which is probably why she stopped. What some people will do to stay 'young'....

She has indeed found a gap in the market, DG jeans are very comfy and the adornment has never come off any of mine despite loads of washing and wearing ILS. I hope you like them.

If Diane Gilman has enabled people to wear a type of clothing they wouldn't normally feel comfortable in I think that's great. Why should women d'un certain age wear frumpy old slacks?! I have more admiration for her than someone like Basso who inflicts suffering on animals to profit from some rich bitches who are as morally bankrupt as he.

Diane Gilman Bootcut Regular Jean With Diamante Pocket Detail

QVC Price: £35.00

Today's Special Value Price :

£25.94

P&P: £3.95

dian.jpg

http://www.qvcuk.com/Diane-Gilman-B...111197.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@f5c0f5c

Regular-length bootcut jeans with pocket detail from Diane Gilman. In the bestselling classic bootcut shape, these easy-care jeans feature a flattering design with stretch fabric to give extra hold and an enamel plaque on the back pocket with pretty diamante detail. Every woman needs classic go-to denim for all occasions, so complete your wardrobe with these Diane Gilman regular bootcut jeans.

Flatter your figure – with a mid-rise at the navel and a higher design at the back, these jeans hold you in and avoid the dreaded 'muffin top'. Plus, they have a slight flare to balance the hips.

•56% ramie, 32% cotton, 10% polyester, 2% elastane
•Machine wash cold, inside out

Colour options:

•Black
•Indigo
•Grey
•Dark Bordeaux

Measurements:

•Waist: 8: 72cm (28.5"), 10: 74cm (29.5"), 12: 77cm (30.5"), 14: 81cm (32"), 16: 85cm (33.5"), 18: 88cm (5"), 20: 92cm (36.5"), 22: 96cm (38")
•Hip: 8: 93cm (36.8"), 10: 95cm (37.75"), 12: 98cm (38.8"), 14: 100cm (40"), 16: 104cm (41.3"), 18: 108cm (42.8"), 20: 113cm (45"), 22: 121cm (48")
•Length (all sizes): 80cm (31.5")

All measurements are approximate

Last edited:
Oh I'd quite like the dark bordeaux colour but they don't seem to be offering the short-@rse leg length this time.

I`m the opposite and have a 34 inch inside leg and its a bugger getting jeans long enough.

Well I was quite pleased to see there is a short version of the TSV but then I don't like the bordeaux colour afterall, I was hoping for a very very deep (did I mention very) dark red tone.

I also was interested in the Deep Bordeaux and have hesitated all morning, but I have now ordered them. Colours seem a bit brighter on the TV so I am hoping they aren't quite so vivid. Diane is wearing the matching coloured top, but I am not that brave!

Latest posts

Back