Your loss, their gain...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CBX1000

Registered Shopper
Now that we know there is a minion reporting back to the CEO, tell him this.

I'm sure I am not alone in missing all the lovely craft shows that used to be on, Not the ones full of the same old stock you were trying to shift but the proper hours you used to have. When Dawn left you just didn't seem to resurrect the craft hours very well, the products were (I'm too polite to say) but the guests did their best with the rubbish they were trying to sell us.

You have many different Sky channels now and you could have made one of them dedicated to craft but I'm afraid you have missed the boat on that money spinner - C&C now have two channels completely dedicated to crafters :thinking: as I have said your loss and their gain.

Trouble is it would cost them money(the horror), to show new programmes on these channels. In stead of just pre recorded shows with products already sold out or the easy pay and offers already over.

Totally agree, CBX1000 but think that proper crafting returning is as likely as Debbie and Julian returning! I'm intrigued by your comment about a CEO minion reading this forum (although I'd be more stunned if it wasn't someone's job in their social media team to read this forum) - I don't read all the threads, could you point me in the direction of the thread that makes this point?

Years ago at a customer event a handful of forumites met up at a NYNY event (was lovely to meet up and put faces to names) and chatting to 2 beauty buyers they said that they knew all about us. I'm sure they think we take our interest to the Nth degree, but they definitely keep an eye on what's said here. Why else would Graham get so much grief from them?

Ten years ago when I first joined (omg that's a long time) presenters used to post here but then QVC disapproved so they were forced to leave. I'd love Julian and Debbie Greenwood to start posting!

Totally agree, CBX1000 but think that proper crafting returning is as likely as Debbie and Julian returning! I'm intrigued by your comment about a CEO minion reading this forum (although I'd be more stunned if it wasn't someone's job in their social media team to read this forum) - I don't read all the threads, could you point me in the direction of the thread that makes this point?

I can't remember exactly but have feeling it was on the thread that has now gone about Debbie and Julian. Please if anyone else can remember could they provide the link, thanks.

People love to, and still are, crafting, but has the overall interest 'peaked' I'm wondering. A few years ago at the 'height' of popularity, I was spoilt for choice at the number of craft/woollen shops locally, and apart from Hobbycraft, there is only one independent retailer in my area, all the others closed up shop. Lakeland was a great source of crafting products, but they too discontinued that product line.

Card making became an over-flooded industry with the world and his wife jumping on the bandwagon of selling sky-high products to make the home-made cards. QVC selling 'toppers' for around £20 ish plus p & p became the norm, and with ever increasing prices for cardstock and the must-have die cutting gadgets, it would have been cheaper to take up deep sea diving as a hobby !!!!!!

with ever increasing prices for cardstock and the must-have die cutting gadgets, it would have been cheaper to take up deep sea diving as a hobby !!!!!!

Unfortunately, I do both :wink: so I guess I'm doomed!

In the report I paid £10.00 to QVC for it said that they have someone reporting back daily about this forum

Heya Minion! Tell the CEO that I couldn't give a **** about crafting, but that it would be nice to dispense with Jill Franks. She is insincere, boastful, untruthful and quite awful in every conceivable way! Get Paul Lavers back and give QVC a bit more character!

People love to, and still are, crafting, but has the overall interest 'peaked' I'm wondering. A few years ago at the 'height' of popularity, I was spoilt for choice at the number of craft/woollen shops locally, and apart from Hobbycraft, there is only one independent retailer in my area, all the others closed up shop. Lakeland was a great source of crafting products, but they too discontinued that product line.

Card making became an over-flooded industry with the world and his wife jumping on the bandwagon of selling sky-high products to make the home-made cards. QVC selling 'toppers' for around £20 ish plus p & p became the norm, and with ever increasing prices for cardstock and the must-have die cutting gadgets,it would have been cheaper to take up deep sea diving as a hobby !!!!!!

Unfortunately, I do both :wink: so I guess I'm doomed!

Don't the cards get soggy? :mysmilie_61:

Last edited:
Another crafter who sadly misses all the wonderful craft hours that I used to enjoy and buy from on the Q.

Latest posts

Back