A few observations from the last couple of days.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Firstly, peter Sherlock is, in my opinion, completely full of it. Don't get me wrong, he is by far one of the best presenters on the channel, but with the appearnace of OPI on the channel and how he reckons they got on there, I now can't believe a word he says. The 3 shatter polishes the channel has been selling are a discontinued line and have been readily available in Poundland for..... Bid don't have any other colours, or any different colours, just the 3 I myself got from Poundy and researched why they are for sale, as I know OPI to be excruciatingly expensive. So I'm sorry Peter, as much as I love watching you and you are very funny, I can't believe a word you say anymore.

i asked on here a while back about the eau de parfums, wondered if they were really any good if the schpeel about eau de parfum being mega strong and quality and long lasting. i was sorely tempted to try one of these. Then 2 things happened. 1) I went into my local cheapy shop and whilst in the queue. noticed that their rubbish rippyoff perfumes were also eau de parfums. So i tried one and within 10 minutes of leaving the shop the smell had completely dissapeared, not a trace of it, and I wasnt shy of putting some on to be honest. So later that week I went in again and tried a different one, and sprayed LIBERALLY on, and again within less than an hour the complete smell had gone. The second thing was Sally Jaxx was selling one of these supposedly mega strong and long lasting perfumes on, and she liked it so 'spritzed' some on, my god, the woman must have put half a bottle on and suprise suprise she didnt cough or choke or even bat an eyelid, surely if these are so amazing she would have been half dead with fumes. Anyway, Ive tried so-called eau de parfum now and they are not necessarily the great amazing quality they would have us believe to get that name on the bottle.

Listened properly to Peter Simon today and he completely doesn't make sense!! I mean completely, in a "is he drunk" way. he was talking about teddy bears being there at the first Xmas..... and how a candle arch with 2 snowmen, one santa and a teddy bear was "showing the nativity"...........

Andy Hodgson still has it. watched his Sunday show and was quite literally laughing out loud many many times. This guy is class, sells without the crap lowdown tactics, genuinely funny, pure class.

peter sherlock again, sorry Pete, you really are funny and great to watch. Does this man dislike ANY perfume that has ever been released?? If you are his Mum, partner or friend it's an easy task buying for him, every scent it seems since 1908 he just loves!!!!!!! Whip into poundy, grab something crap......he'll adore it :p

Enough for now, my tea is getting cold :)

Peter Sherlock for me is a highly likeable, fun presenter and i'd like to think a great guy off screen. However, I have got to the point that I just cannot take him at all seriously, in fact I struggle to believe very much of what he says bearing in mind he is their supposed 'fragrance and beauty expert'.

His presentations are often highly contradictory and obviously so. However, what has finally done it for me is having the chance to actually experience the legendary 'Laurelle Sexxy Shoo' range. I have listened to Peter talking about this 'brand' for months now, I have listened to him telling us to check out the Laurelle website to compare prices, indeed he has even come on here and defended them even when we have discovered that Laurelle might not have the cachet that we were led to believe by some presenters.

In my personal opinion that range of fragrances are some of the cheapest, most acrid smelling I have ever had the misfortune of subjecting my nose to. At £6-£8 (the prices they are sold for in some other outlets) they could be considered a fun item, a punt if you like. However, when that shower are selling them for over £30 all in we are in the territory of a monumental ripoff.

The idea that some people have paid approaching £40 for those stinkers is almost beyond comprehension however, when you have a self proclaimed fragrance expert filling viewers heads with magic about the brand it's hardly surprising.

He seems a nice guy but he is quite possibly right up there with THE biggest bullshitters on those channels, make no mistake.

Latest posts

Back