Sally Jaxx today - shockingly bad!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Been watching since she has come on and to say she is completely c*ap is an understatement, at the moment peter Simon is a better presenter.
All she keeps saying is "etc etc" when trying to describe items, and "whatever whatever". It's like she can't be bothered or something. I thought the idea of selly-telly was that we could get more information thrown at us to encourage us to buy things, at the moment Sally is giving me less information and encouragement than the average boc on the shelf. She is also repeating words very, very, very, very, very, very, very often :p

"You can use this knife for chopping chives, etc etc etc"
"Use this pressure cooker for lamb, or whatever, whatever"
"this top is very very very very very very very very very lovely"

Also, someone should tell her that NO-ONE cares what slippers she wears at home. Whilst selling and pre-selling a 2 pack of ladies slipper-mules, she told us no less than 6 times how she wears these exact style at home.

Lastly, the one thing she has managed this afternoon is looking like an unfed skank, devouring all of the Punjanaban curries and dishes like she's never eaten and not particularly doing a very good sell on it at the same time. Pretty much I feel like I could have put beans on toast in front of her and she would have acted the same, felt quite repulsed to be honest.

Don't think I shall be watching Ms Jaxx again....although I might then miss what socks she takes the bins out in, which I HAVE to have :p

At least Peter Sherlock is on later, so some redemption for Bid :)

I haven't watched her but by any chance has she claimed any upcoming items will be a 'considered purchase' yet? Such 'considered purchases' usually go for about £20 :grin:

I don't mind Sally really, in short doses. Peter should be worth a watch, I wonder what no name yet fabulous stinks with uplifting top notes and subtle base notes he'll have for our delectation tonight?

I haven't watched her but by any chance has she claimed any upcoming items will be a 'considered purchase' yet? Such 'considered purchases' usually go for about £20 :grin:

I don't mind Sally really, in short doses. Peter should be worth a watch, I wonder what no name yet fabulous stinks with uplifting top notes and subtle base notes he'll have for our delectation tonight?

LOLOLOLOL... I was going to type something else and then she said considered purchase.... £34.99 infact.

Imagine her on qvc selling a massage chair for a grand

Did you know she is from 'up north'

She never ever ever ever mentions it..

People from her neck of the woods have a reputation for being pretty straight talking, and good for them. However, I wonder if she get's loads of stick from them for all the bullshitting?

People from her neck of the woods have a reputation for being pretty straight talking, and good for them. However, I wonder if she get's loads of stick from them for all the bullshitting?

The more i observe her, the less she seems to know about fashion.

However i do enjoy cheesecake's work here

LOLOLOLOL... I was going to type something else and then she said considered purchase.... £34.99 infact.

Imagine her on qvc selling a massage chair for a grand

She's always saying it, it's hilarious.

There must be a method in her madness though, i'm sure she wouldn't deliberately want to make herself come across as a bullshitter :giggle:

The more i observe her, the less she seems to know about fashion.

However i do enjoy cheesecake's work here

Cheesecakes observations are always welcome however, I take great exception Mr Tom to your insinuation that Sally Jacks dosen't know about fashion. That is an outrageous notion.

She's a clothes designer :grin:

LOL she just did the 'considered purchase' thing :) Oh that possibility shower gel/bubble bath is cr*p as well. They sell it in my local Savers and I tried a couple of 'flavours' and its absolutely awful, the scent doesn't last a second on the skin. very unimpressed with that one :(

I suspect her fashion lines were made in the seediest sweatshop unicef has not currently found

I suppose we ought to be grateful for small mercies.

She could have started selling her 'music' :mysmilie_11:

You have to remember that Sally thinks she is an icon to those who follow her.
She imagines that she is seen as a sassy savvy woman who really knows how to dress and present herself-therefore when she sells slippers she thinks she is giving them them the ultimate endorsement by saying that are similar to ones she wears at home.
In reality she is quite ignorant, frequently revealing that she has no idea where the towns next to the buyers names are. Even well known ones!
To me she comes across as common to the point of parody with vulgar taste and a self centred personality.
What she is extremely good at is getting the money in, and she has learned that you simply cannot underestimate the stupidity of the audience and that screeching that every item is 'amazing!!' and that she 'LURRRRRVVVVVVS!!!!!!!!!!' it is the surefire way to move stock.
She is also extremely good at the dynamics of the sale, from the bogus anecdote she will invent to start it, through to the hysterical build up to the close and then the final cool down when she has been told by the producer that there is enough momentum on the phones to meet the sales target.

Caught her yesterday eve. Thought she was dreadful

I agree, I used to give her the benefit of the doubt as she's one of those people that has her heart in the right place so you often over look their indiscretions. I hate the way she says an item will be a considered purchase then funnily enough it ends up not being and she goes crazy telling people to buy with her best shocked face.
I don't think she's suited to the hard sell as she is so much better selling & talking about items in the casual manner (qvc style).

I do like her interactions with some of the male presenters like with Peter Sherlock & Mike.

I agree, I used to give her the benefit of the doubt as she's one of those people that has her heart in the right place so you often over look their indiscretions. I hate the way she says an item will be a considered purchase then funnily enough it ends up not being and she goes crazy telling people to buy with her best shocked face.
I don't think she's suited to the hard sell as she is so much better selling & talking about items in the casual manner (qvc style).

I do like her interactions with some of the male presenters like with Peter Sherlock & Mike.

She must be a nice person though as she dosen't show her boredom at Mason's interminable Cat Food 'joke'.

It wasn't particularly funny the first time let alone the hundredth. His Pontin's cabaret act must have been a laugh a week.

Poor Sally was shocked and aghast that a watch was going for around £4. She asked us how much do you pay for a coffee? A sandwich?

Well I certainly wouldn't pay £12 and definitely not £13.50 :mysmilie_17:

This leopard print faux fur jacket is pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen her sell.

This leopard print faux fur jacket is pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen her sell.

I would tend to agree but I wouldn't be surprised if it will be bang on trend, in all the shops and may well even be a considered purchase.

Liberace would have worn that.

Edit: She did indeed say it was a considered purchase (mind you, it did go for £50!). And she said they are in all the shops and they cost a lot of money. I must be a mind reader.

The next item (Bracelet) was also a considered purchase. It went for £11.99 and she's behaving like something of a loon. All the vulgar hysterics worked though, she sold nearly 300.

Latest posts

Back