Will Peter Sherlock Give It A Rest?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Peter Sherlock was previewing the sale of the Les Jardins de Versailles EDP 50ml fragrance, he said 'We are the worlds only retailer outside of French palaces to be stocking this glorious, glorious fragrance'. Well, not quite Peter. I didn't look for long so there may be even more.

https://www.curridspharmacy.com/p/les_jardins_de_versailles_edp_50ml

However, I had a look at the Palace of Versailles shop website and look as I may I cannot find this product on sale. They certainly have fragrances (much more expensive ones) but I cannot find this particular one. I'm going to email them and ask if they stock it.

https://www.store-chateauversailles.com/en/fashion-and-accessories/perfumes

I will say i do like the panjaban people.

They do seem nice people and their product is fantastic too. I wonder why they have changed the name to Punjaban on Bid, their website is still branded as Panjaban?

It's a pity they have upped the price too, such is life!

What Peter does well is that he does not take himself too seriously, he seem a likeable chap and has made a good effort with his weight loss and kicking smoking. He makes a pleasant view with his non shouty delivery and intrest in what he is selling.

What Peter does well is that he does not take himself too seriously, he seem a likeable chap and has made a good effort with his weight loss and kicking smoking. He makes a pleasant view with his non shouty delivery and intrest in what he is selling.

All of what you say is true but sadly he still makes outrageous lies about the products he sells and whilst I can believe some presenters just believe what they get told, Peter is a buyer so should know better!

PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Here is the reply I received from the Palace of Versailles shop:-

My question:-

Hello, I was wondering if you sell this product that I have provided a link to. It's marketed as Les Jardins de Versailles EDP 50ml but it's unclear if it is an official product of the Palace of Versailles. (I provided a link and image of the fragrance Bid sell).

Their reply:-

Thank you for your interest in our online Boutique of the Château de Versailles.

In our online catalog, we have these products :
https://www.boutique-chateauversail...egory_filter=0&orderby=position&orderway=desc

Sorry, but we don't have "les Jardins de Versailles" and we don't know if it is an official product of the Palace.

You can phone at the Boutique who is situated into the Gardens in the Parc of Chateau de Versailles : + 33 9 61 05 18 02.

Best regards

La Boutique du Château de Versailles
http://www.boutique-chateauversailles.fr/
Découvrez la page Facebook de la boutique

Make of that what you will!!!

Ooh, busted! Potentially, anyway. Their products look a lot more exclusive and high end...

I'm not jumping to any conclusions but i'm struggling to find any 'French Palaces' that stock this item. If any do I really would have (of course) expected Versailles to be one such palace that would but from their response it would appear they have never even heard of it. So far I have only found it sold at an Irish Pharmacy, Ocean Tree Trading (owned by Sit-Up) and of course Bid and Price Drop.

I'll get to the bottom of it though, i'm intrigued :happy:

They do seem nice people and their product is fantastic too. I wonder why they have changed the name to Punjaban on Bid, their website is still branded as Panjaban?

It's a pity they have upped the price too, such is life!

they did explain the name change, i just can't remember it as it wasn't amusing/offensive/morally corrupt.

I'm going to assume the extra price is to supplement the branding change etc.

About shylock (that still makes me giggle), he is far from the worst, even his bullshitting would only get him a bronze medal at best.

they did explain the name change, i just can't remember it as it wasn't amusing/offensive/morally corrupt.

I'm going to assume the extra price is to supplement the branding change etc.

About shylock (that still makes me giggle), he is far from the worst, even his bullshitting would only get him a bronze medal at best.

The name change only seems to apply to Bid right now, their facebook page and website is all still 'Panjaban'. Maybe they are getting the new name announced on TV before it's fully rolled out. The price is still great anyway but it's a few bob more than previous although that could well have been an introductory price.

Peter is alright but he is most definitely a bullshitter, not quite in the same league as Mason and Russell but he's still a credit to their dark art.

But make no mistake. Dirty Peter is, without any shadow of a doubt, the KING of bull. Nobody even comes close :grin:

The name change only seems to apply to Bid right now, their facebook page and website is all still 'Panjaban'. Maybe they are getting the new name announced on TV before it's fully rolled out. The price is still great anyway but it's a few bob more than previous although that could well have been an introductory price.

Peter is alright but he is most definitely a bullshitter, not quite in the same league as Mason and Russell but he's still a credit to their dark art.

But make no mistake. Dirty Peter is, without any shadow of a doubt, the KING of bull. Nobody even comes close :grin:

shylock wouldn't make the podium in the 2014 winter bullshitting olympics

jacks and russell are fighting it out for silver

shylock wouldn't make the podium in the 2014 winter bullshitting olympics

jacks and russell are fighting it out for silver

It's really encouraging to see that there are some very strong contenders in the bullshit stakes. Old favourites like MacDonald, Mason, Russell and Lyndsay will rarely disappoint but there's some very strong competition from Brash, Jacks and Shocked Face Shylock. Ben Moseby is one to watch (that's if you even know who he is).

But i've said it before and I make no apologies for saying it again. That lot are nothing more than also rans, mere pretenders if you like to the one and only, undisputed Queen of Quackery. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.......................

quackers.jpg

It's really encouraging to see that there are some very strong contenders in the bullshit stakes. Old favourites like MacDonald, Mason, Russell and Lyndsay will rarely disappoint but there's some very strong competition from Brash, Jacks and Shocked Face Shylock. Ben Moseby is one to watch (that's if you even know who he is).

But i've said it before and I make no apologies for saying it again. That lot are nothing more than also rans, mere pretenders if you like to the one and only, undisputed Queen of Quackery. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.......................

View attachment 9521

i assume moseby is the one they all say looks like ben sheppard.

Simon's bullshit almost goes full circle and becomes truth/fact

i assume moseby is the one they all say looks like ben sheppard.

Simon's bullshit almost goes full circle and becomes truth/fact

Ben is the somewhat anonymous guy with the innocent, almost startled looking face but with all the subtle bullshitting skills of a master in the making.

He ousted BOD from his primetime spot although in fairness a modestly sized Yucca Plant could have managed that.

Ben is the somewhat anonymous guy with the innocent, almost startled looking face but with all the subtle bullshitting skills of a master in the making.

He ousted BOD from his primetime spot although in fairness a modestly sized Yucca Plant could have managed that.

In bod we (don't) trust

the new name is being sold in the local stores instead of the old branding

i presume they are just trying it, i am lucky enough to be in regular email contact with the family.

Lovely people really hope they land a big deal but i fear the relatively expensive cost of production will stop them (hence price increase i think)

Peter Sherlock had the Versailles fragrance on sale again. Interestingly (as as suspected) he confirmed the original ledgers from the 18th century have been used to help create the fragrance but I guess that's pretty obvious anyway. However, he did confirm it is definitely the official fragrance and it's endorsed by the Museum of Versaille itself. He attempted to show us the wording on the box to confirm that but then he said the wording dosen't appear on this particular fragrance but that the wording does appear on the Promenade of Versaille fragrance, clear as mud :confused:

Anyway, this is the company that appears to produce the 'Versaille' fragrances and the website does indeed confirm they are 'the authorized licensed developer and distributors of “Chateau de Versailles” perfumes'. Nevertheless I still cannot find it on sale in any 'palaces'.

http://www.cffc-paris.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=90_91&product_id=98

Last edited:
Wirral thanks for bringing this to my attention. We're investigating this as we speak and I'll let you know. My French is not what it was and I certainly wouldn't want to mislead. I'll let you know. The products are without doubt official, and I will find out where they are retailed

Wirral thanks for bringing this to my attention. We're investigating this as we speak and I'll let you know. My French is not what it was and I certainly wouldn't want to mislead. I'll let you know. The products are without doubt official, and I will find out where they are retailed

Thanks for the reply.

Following some further correspondence with the Chateau of Versaille store the person I spoke to confirmed again that they don't sell it and don't recall ever selling it. Maybe the person didn't have all the facts though.

I have to say Peter i'm somewhat surprised you have to find out where it's sold though. The main thrust of your pitch was that you explicitly said it's sold in French Palaces and nowhere else, apart from on Bid. I would expect you to know exactly where it's sold if you're making such a claim.

It was that and that alone that aroused my interest.

Thanks for the reply.

Following some further correspondence with the Chateau of Versaille store the person I spoke to confirmed again that they don't sell it and don't recall ever selling it. Maybe the person didn't have all the facts though.

I have to say Peter i'm somewhat surprised you have to find out where it's sold though. The main thrust of your pitch was that you explicitly said it's sold in French Palaces and nowhere else, apart from on Bid. I would expect you to know exactly where it's sold if you're making such a claim.

It was that and that alone that aroused my interest.

It will be interesting to see where this investigation goes as something doesn't appear right imo.

Does the Chateau of Versaille store sell any of the three fragrances?

Promenade a Versailles POUR ELLE
Jardins de Versailles POUR ELLE
Promenade a Versailles POUR LUI

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back