Best bs line award 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
Which presenter has come out with the best BS this year? I think we should have an annual award. For me it's a close tie between James Russell and Sir Peter Simon. James Russell's " If you've ever dreamt of owning a Gianni Ricci but you could never afford one well today's your lucky day" just tops the Peter Simon line saying that "Christin Lars has been established over 50 years". :Hysterical:

However honourable mentions go to the likes of Caroline Lyndsay with her "I paid more than that for a sandwich and a newspaper"

Congrats James Russell!

There are so many exceptional candidates for this award it almost seems unfair to single someone out but I feel that Peter Sherlock is worth a mention for this corker:-

'You would not believe the value for money you're getting here. I would go so far as to say (paused) I would personally take them to an Independent Jewellers and say do I need to get these valued for the house insurance'

And the item in question? A £7.99 necklace :happy:

James Russell on an ancient Coty perfume described on Basenotes as a lavender scented old woman's fragrance;

'When this was released they called it outrageous, they called it decadent-they called it narcotic!'

"If you're having trouble with your health, with money, with friendship, with family, with work or with loved ones, then worry angels are for you."

"We have sceptics who say when we sell worry angels, we are preying on the vulnerable. I have serious issue with that."

It's kind of bullshit but it's also quite possibly one of the most cynical, money grabbing sales I have ever seen. Take a bow Mike Mason, you are a credit to your profession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3SpLfjIo8c#t=35

(This sale is bit over a year old but it's worthy of a reminder)

Last edited:
"If you're having trouble with your health, with money, with friendship, with family, with work or with loved ones, then worry angels are for you."

"We have sceptics who say when we sell worry angels, we are preying on the vulnerable. I have serious issue with that."

It's kind of bullshit but it's also quite possibly one of the most cynical, money grabbing sales I have ever seen. Take a bow Mike Mason, you are a credit to your profession.

not bad Mr. W, but nothing comes close to the Bass Reflex Test sheet :giggle: :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IRc8YZeoNI

not bad Mr. W, but nothing comes close to the Bass Reflex Test sheet :giggle: :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IRc8YZeoNI

A classic, no doubt about it. Then there's the Debenhams episode, the Vodafone 354, the Yarvik tablets his family supposedly have (then seemingly haven't), the Dongle. The list really is endless. I think Mason is very much underestimated. While he dosen't tell lies about the products (and therefore avoids any ASA complaints) his supporting stories are often verging on the insidious.

It's perhaps even more worrying that some people around him seem to have convinced themselves that his behaviour is totally fine and that it's only other presenters who behave in such a way but I suppose we can all be guilty of criticising others and overlooking our own shortcomings. The good news is at least he is on these channels whose cards have well and truly been marked, in my opinion it's very unlikely we'll ever see him elsewhere. I think two words succinctly sum up Mike Mason.

Quiz Call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxLUsAhekyw

And I thought only Peter Simon got to sell the worry angels! Mike's spiel, coupled with the New Age music, is worthy of Simon himself.

I actually don't count the Bass Reflex Test Sheet because I think he actually believed what he was saying was true:Laugh:

Then heaven knows what the music sounded like that he set up 'at some of the biggest venues in the world' :Laugh:

I suppose he also believes the world is flat.

And I thought only Peter Simon got to sell the worry angels! Mike's spiel, coupled with the New Age music, is worthy of Simon himself.

I actually think it's worse, at least Peter's has an element of humour about it. And in a strange way he's (kind of) likeable.

Mason is about as funny and likeable as a pungent fart in a lift.

I nominate Peter Simon for calling the Chinese sweatshop brand Thomas Earnshaw "one of the great watch makers of all time". Then he compared them to Rolex, Breitling and Patrick Patank (Patek Philippe maybe?!)

As has already been stated, James Russell swooning over that great designer horologist Geeeee-annnn-neeeee Reacheeeeee is also up there in the hall of shame.

Peter Simon from June 2013:-

'I have dealt with fashion from some of the great (stops dead).... not only some of the biggest designers and we're talking the biggest of designers for nearly two decades'

And:-

"This is not a sales pitch...i'm gonna tell you the truth here, quite simply and honestly'

Last edited:
Sally jacks from last week. i shall paraphrase.

"now bid has been around for 13 years. that wouldnt happen if we had done anything wrong."

HALL. OF. FAME.

Sally jacks from last week. i shall paraphrase.

"now bid has been around for 13 years. that wouldnt happen if we had done anything wrong."

HALL. OF. FAME.

I'd forgotten about that little gem.

Separated at birth?

Lily1.jpgLily2.jpg

say what you will about peter simon, sally said that with a straight face.

I was almost waiting for her to laugh... she didn't

Tell yourself something enough times and you'll end up believing it. Maybe that's the way they sleep at night?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back