Guy Kean is rapidly becoming my favourite presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
He really is quite unique isn't he?

I've never seen someone with such open discontent for what he's selling and the viewers. At times he's just downright agressive - his basic tone is "Hurry up and buy this tat so that I can go home". It really is great :D

He just seems to care so little - he doesn't ever come across like he's researched any of the products, doesn't really make an effort to actually sell any of the items, often gets genuinely stressy at the viewers and bitchy towards the crew and often hasn't even been bothered to iron his clothes. The man's an absolute legend.

Seriously, I could watch him for hours!

I've never seen someone with such open discontent for what he's selling and the viewers. At times he's just downright agressive - his basic tone is "Hurry up and buy this tat so that I can go home". It really is great :D

He just seems to care so little - he doesn't ever come across like he's researched any of the products, doesn't really make an effort to actually sell any of the items, often gets genuinely stressy at the viewers and bitchy towards the crew and often hasn't even been bothered to iron his clothes. The man's an absolute legend.

As someone who is unlikely to purchase anything from him I think he's hilarious!

The only time I have ever seen him show any interest in an item was earlier this year when he sold an Electric Bike which he said he had himself and I think he was being genuine. Otherwise he seems like he cannot be arsed and has a fabulous air of disdain about him.

He seems more than happy to endlessly repeat the phone number and give as little information about the tatt on offer just to get his shift over!

As someone who is unlikely to purchase anything from him I think he's hilarious!

The only time I have ever seen him show any interest in an item was earlier this year when he sold an Electric Bike which he said he had himself and I think he was being genuine. Otherwise he seems like he cannot be arsed and has a fabulous air of disdain about him.

He seems more than happy to endlessly repeat the phone number and give as little information about the tatt on offer just to get his shift over!

in other words a refreshing sale as he probably does actually own the product he was selling

in other words a refreshing sale as he probably does actually own the product he was selling

Indeed but in fairness it was only one item, over three months ago :Laugh:

But as far as i'm concerned he can do anything he likes, he is fabulous. Just the other day he was selling a set of Plastic Storage Boxes and it was pretty clear he wasn't at all interested in them, after a pause he just said something like 'I suppose you could store Christmas Wrapping Paper in them' :Laugh:

The look of boredom on his face was brilliant!

Haha I'm watching him now and he's coming out with some absolute corkers...

He was selling some motion sensor lights and just said "Good if you want to save money...not a problem for me because I'm fabulously wealthy...but for some of you at home" and then a few moments later "So don't come to me if you fall over outside 'cos you can't see. I won't care. 0904 251 2000".

Haha I'm watching him now and he's coming out with some absolute corkers...

He was selling some motion sensor lights and just said "Good if you want to save money...not a problem for me because I'm fabulously wealthy...but for some of you at home" and then a few moments later "So don't come to me if you fall over outside 'cos you can't see. I won't care. 0904 251 2000".

Me too, I've only seen him a couple of times, but he is quite legendary, I must say :Laugh:
Earlier he was trying to sell a perfume. He couldn't pronounce it, so didn't. Just muttered and laughed.

He treads the line of "do you genuinely hate us or are you parodying the general opinion of you"

Either way he is immense

Coupled with the fact that he doesn't come up with bollocks and half-truths to desperately shift stock, he's what makes shopping TV great.
Him, Hodgson and MacDonald (when he's not doing his art expert hard sell) are too good for shopping TV, in my opinion.

He's a serious AC-TOR, dont'cha know - probably feels he's slumming it by having to appear on Bid.

The Great Lord Kean is on form today
He was selling a satnav and said he'd like to do the voice for a satnav, he'd say things like 'turn around you idiot', 'I said second left not third left you dope', 'don't you know your way there yet'? and 'oh great, we've got to go miles out of our way now because you got it wrong again' it was brilliant, the man is an absolute legend!

It would be great! I think it'd bring a whole new dynamic to the evenings.
I have heard him say that he's a morning person though so perhaps he likes his early shifts

He'd be terrible in the evenings in terms of sales... he is a verbal jouster, not a psuedo manipulator

great entertainment but i suspect he likes to be in bed by 8pm

They aren't meant to put pressure on people to buy items.... hence mikes usual disclaimer. Guy is funny as he's often borderline.... obviously in jest but one could easily be offended if not a regular viewer who knows his personality.

Personally I like his dry wit.... but he really doesn't inspire me to buy lol.

*peeps around the door
I think I've come to the right place
*stands up and says 'my name's deedee, I've been watching Guy Kean this morning and I think I've got a bit of a weird crush on him' :clapping::clapping::clapping:

No evening shifts for The Lord Kean I fancy. I suspect he's settled down by his roaring log fire, dressed in a Smoking Jacket and sipping the finest Cognac by 7pm.

I now envision him as a gay heffner

I could see him having a feast of Pheasant with seasonal roasted vegetables but I don't think he eats meat, whatever he eats I bet he clicks his fingers and hurries his servants along.

Latest posts

Back