New Fragrance - Jean Pierre-Sand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Mason has a new fragrance on tonight called 'Jean Pierre-Sand'. I'm pretty sure I have seen this brand on sale in Spain, obviously it's a cheapo so it's in good company.

It's also a favourite of an uber downmarket German Shopping Channel called 1-2-3.tv

Enjoy!

Mason has a new fragrance on tonight called 'Jean Pierre-Sand'. I'm pretty sure I have seen this brand on sale in Spain, obviously it's a cheapo so it's in good company.

It's also a favourite of an uber downmarket German Shopping Channel called 1-2-3.tv

Enjoy!

I just saw Mike Mason and Peter Sherlock present it. The actual fragrance was called 200mph which was appropriate as it was a car crash of a presentation, one of the worst I've seen on Bid (although they appeared to sell most of their allocation).
They hadn't worked out what usp of the fragrance was supposed to be and started giving mixed messages with Mike saying 'don't think about boy racers this fragrance stands alone' with Peter then bowling in with 'think about the smell of an expensive sports car walnut and leathers'.
They waffled endlessly about the packaging and never really said anything meaningful about the scent.
The most interesting feature was that they didn't invent a back story for the brand-they said absolutely nothing.
Are they being careful after the Versailles and Laurelle debacles documented on this forum?

I just saw Mike Mason and Peter Sherlock present it. The actual fragrance was called 200mph which was appropriate as it was a car crash of a presentation, one of the worst I've seen on Bid (although they appeared to sell most of their allocation).
They hadn't worked out what usp of the fragrance was supposed to be and started giving mixed messages with Mike saying 'don't think about boy racers this fragrance stands alone' with Peter then bowling in with 'think about the smell of an expensive sports car walnut and leathers'.
They waffled endlessly about the packaging and never really said anything meaningful about the scent.
The most interesting feature was that they didn't invent a back story for the brand-they said absolutely nothing.
Are they being careful after the Versailles and Laurelle debacles documented on this forum?

I didn't see the sale Aqua but I would hazard a guess that the USP would be the bottle rather than the fly spray inside it.

That's the usual dance with JPD, Laurelle and Creeeeayshon Lamissss. Fill a plastic shoe with stink or stick a hologram on the box and bingo! You have a high end fragrance.

It's bugging me. The name "Jean Pierre Sand" rings a bell. I am thinking growing up in the 80's, the boys in their Farrah trousers, Lacoste Polo shirts and Kappa coats.

I presume Mason was also being fed a scenario in his earpiece about 'waiting to be served in a top class restaurant' while Shylock was banging on. What on earth that tells anyone about what the stuff smells like is anyone's guess. Not once did they mention what was in it and Shylock made mention of the smell lasting hours when it was an EDT.

I presume Mason was also being fed a scenario in his earpiece about 'waiting to be served in a top class restaurant' while Shylock was banging on. What on earth that tells anyone about what the stuff smells like is anyone's guess. Not once did they mention what was in it and Shylock made mention of the smell lasting hours when it was an EDT.

I think most of us would acknowledge that selling fragrance is possibly the hardest sell on shopping telly, especially if (invariably) they are no name stinkers like those that Bid sell. However Momma, I suppose the description could be worse than the one for Jean Pierre-Sand. Somebody once sold an unheard of reek with these select words:-

Sparkling
Delicate
Delicious
Nectar
A different kind of perfume
A combination of absolute beauty
It has a recollection
Indulgent
Memorable

As much as I tried to imagine it's fragrance I hit a brick wall:Laugh:

I think most of us would acknowledge that selling fragrance is possibly the hardest sell on shopping telly, especially if (invariably) they are no name stinkers like those that Bid sell. However Momma, I suppose the description could be worse than the one for Jean Pierre-Sand. Somebody once sold an unheard of reek with these select words:-

Sparkling
Delicate
Delicious
Nectar
It has a recollection
Indulgent
Memorable

And what did the brick wall smell like Wirral?

Last time I 'waited to be seated in a restaurant' it smelt of fish!

Mason said that if the perfume smelt 'wishy washy' then Shylock would say that :mysmilie_506:

Mason said that if the perfume smelt 'wishy washy' then Shylock would say that :mysmilie_506:

The brick wall had to smell better than Red Sexxy Shoo :puke: Are we talking about the same Shylock who hated 'wishy washy' celeb fragrances, apart from Liz Taylors?

Now Madonna's is his 'favourite of all time' and he just loves J Lo's. Plus SJP's, Jade Goody's, and on and on.

And the (not M&S) Bohmeia DOTD yesterday was his favourite DOTD, of all time. I wonder how long that will last? It's beauty week so watch this space :Laugh:

Sparkling
Delicate
Delicious
Nectar
It has a recollection
Indulgent
Memorable

simon or russell? I'm leaning towards simon based on "absolute beauty"

I only saw a few minutes of them co-presenting as I was channel-hopping through an ad-break. Mike Mason was really giving it the full-on sell and I didn't even realise Peter was on with him until the camera pulled back to reveal him looking very morose indeed - he didn't get a word in for a full three minutes. The partnership reminded me of those men you used to see selling hooky gear out of a suitcase in the high street, the man with the case barking up the punters, with the shifty assistant in the background keeping an eye out for the rozzers - in case they had to scarper !

Seriously though, Mike himself has admitted in the past that he "doesn't do fashion" and "has no interest in it". I think he's similarly uncomfortable with the stinks and would much rather be trotting out his anti-shopping-trolley user rant (a la Clarkson) for the 411th time while he flogs the wide-angle car mirror.

Last edited:

No, Peter Sherlock would say " Well you know I can't stand wishy washy, light, and citrussy fragrances - well d'ya know what? I actually really like this one, it's gorgeous!"

Mr Sherlock I know you read these forums so are you anywhere on tester bottles? It doesn't matter what it smells like from the bottle or from your skin it is our skin that counts. Example, I used to get a small expensive aftershave but never got any comments. I know get one which is a quarter of the price for four times as much and I get comments all the time how nice it is. But hark at me you are the expert so you must know this ...

PJ

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Latest posts

Back