Megadrops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
As I posted last week I managed to get a few over the whole week from bid and the price-drop monster clearance and got a few this week as well but this morning I've looked at my account to see they have cancelled everything bar the 2 items they had already sent out, Now I could sort of understand them cancelling the megadrops as they lose money so looking for an excuse to cancel it but I've been doing some Christmas shopping with them on items on various prices from 1p to £20 a time and the whole lot has been cancelled which when they are struggling seems a bit daft and not only that i'm annoyed to have wasted time watching thinking oh that will do for x that will do for y, now I'm back to square 1 with nothing so the whole thing has been a waste of time

So has anyone else had a megadrop or megadrops cancelled over the last 2 weeks? as it would be interesting to see just how few they actually send out, lets be honest they are not exactly sending many out anyway with pathetic quantities of 1-5

bid makes Christmas shopping easy, shut up Mark Ryes

The sooner they go bust the better

Only joking where would we be without Peter Simon and all the rest to entertain us

Last edited:
I'd prod them further into why the orders have been cancelled.
It certainly seems malicious that, when you've gotten a good deal, it's been cancelled.

As I posted last week I managed to get a few over the whole week from bid and the price-drop monster clearance and got a few this week as well but this morning I've looked at my account to see they have cancelled everything bar the 2 items they had already sent out, Now I could sort of understand them cancelling the megadrops as they lose money so looking for an excuse to cancel it but I've been doing some Christmas shopping with them on items on various prices from 1p to £20 a time and the whole lot has been cancelled which when they are struggling seems a bit daft and not only that i'm annoyed to have wasted time watching thinking oh that will do for x that will do for y, now I'm back to square 1 with nothing so the whole thing has been a waste of time

So has anyone else had a megadrop or megadrops cancelled over the last 2 weeks? as it would be interesting to see just how few they actually send out, lets be honest they are not exactly sending many out anyway with pathetic quantities of 1-5

bid makes Christmas shopping easy, shut up Mark Ryes

The sooner they go bust the better

Only joking where would we be without Peter Simon and all the rest to entertain us

I'm sure someone mentioned a while back that they had some orders cancelled because Sit-Up reckoned they had bought too many megadrops or megadeals although how they come to that conclusion is unclear. Some people also mentioned having orders cancelled because they had returned too many items but for balance QVC have been known to do that as well.

I haven't personally ordered any of the 'Mega' items so cannot comment.

I'm a bit slow so forgive me

are you saying that you won a megadrop and bid are simply not giving you the item for a quid?

If that's the case they shouldn't take all those £1.53's they have made on that drop

I'm a bit slow so forgive me

are you saying that you won a megadrop and bid are simply not giving you the item for a quid?

If that's the case they shouldn't take all those £1.53's they have made on that drop

That's right Mr Tom but they have also cancelled full priced non promotion orders as well which is what I'm most annoyed about as they said the deal of the day would not be back again before Christmas

I know buried deep in the T's and C's it does say

£1 Auctions or Megadrops ("Megadrop")
1.£1 Auctions or Megadrops ("Megadrop")
In order to give customers an equal chance of successful participation in a Megadrop, whether bidding via the channel's website or by telephone, the following applies to all Megadrops:
a.The announcement of a Megadrop will be made clearly on the TV and will include, but not be limited to, the TV presenter using the term "Megadrop", the price falling to £1 or screens in the studio saying 'Megadrop'.
b.A customer with a qualifying bid at the time of announcement of the Megadrop will purchase the product at £1.
c.Any bids placed after the announcement of the Megadrop but prior to the closure of the auction will be included in the Megadrop.
d.Web pre-bids will not be valid on all Megadrops
e.sit-up reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or refuse bids and bar the accounts of customers who win more than one Megadrop during any one week. f.sit-up channels staff, friends, relations and any other persons connected with individuals who work for the company are NOT permitted to take part in the Megadrop sales . Any such individual who unwittingly takes part in the sales must cancel their order, either once called back by Customer Services or, if using No Call Back, as soon as possible thereafter.

but you have to ask if both channels are doing lets say 30 deals a day over a week that's 420 and you can only get 1 a week seems ridiculous, what are you supposed to do oh I won't go for that in case I see something else I like at which point you try and get it but miss out

I think they should be forced to say like with the £10 credit that t's and c's apply and you can only get 1 a week

Its also a very clever tactic because they don't put the winners on the website so everyone else thinks well they have just sold 5 of those for £1 when in fact how do we know that the majority of them were not cancelled because some got 1 previously in the week

Last edited:
After waiting a couple of weeks and trying to buy something again which was cancelled I sent them a message asking why they kept cancelling everything, an automated response said they would try to reply within 7 working days, The response, nothing but tried to log into my account today and it says barred please contact customer services

I won't be doing that as in past experience they are next to useless, You speak to someone who hardly knows anything about the company, struggles to understand what your talking about and they can be quite rude too

I do wonder if its partly to do with my posting on here too

Just another example of the total disdain they have for their customers

Last edited:
They should be forced to say you can only get 1 megadrop a week because id be pretty annoyed if I phoned up and got things cancelled but I only bid via the web

I still think that's unfair though to limit it to 1, over those 10 days they did about 450 deals on both channels combined and how many people went for multiple ones and had them cancelled

They should be forced to say you can only get 1 megadrop a week because id be pretty annoyed if I phoned up and got things cancelled but I only bid via the web

I still think that's unfair though to limit it to 1, over those 10 days they did about 450 deals on both channels combined and how many people went for multiple ones and had them cancelled

Sadly the channels all seem to have their little clauses. Take QVC, they are always banging on about their fantastic returns policy but they don't mention if you return (in their opinion) too many they will close your account. I believe Sit-Up also do similar.

It's hardly 'no quibble' in my book although I suppose you could question why someone would continue to shop somewhere that they regularly feel the need to send items back. The mega drop situation is daft, it's surely akin to something of a lottery anyway so everyone has an equal chance.

At least they haven't banned you! I have lost count of how many times I have been banned and had my account(s) closed!

At least they haven't banned you! I have lost count of how many times I have been banned and had my account(s) closed!

I've been banned a few times in the past, Contacted them and they wouldn't unblock so hardly bought nothing for the last few years except from ocean tree trading, Signed up a couple of months ago and all seemed ok then they started cancelling everything, Frankly I'm not bothered about the megadrops anymore but it would be nice to buy the odd full priced item as and when I see something I like such as the deal of the day for a Christmas present floating candles, ticked off the list to then have it cancelled really annoyed me, also happened with a pendant and a few other full priced items

If they sell an item for 1p each time then A) I can't pay more, B) why should I pay more and C) they are still making a profit selling it at that so why cancel it, I thought the sonic toothbrush was great and would happily buy another but they won't let me

Latest posts

Back