New Hairdryer Help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Hello All,

I've found my HG straightener (L'Oreal Steampod) and now I'm looking for suggestions for a new hairdryer. In particular, one that is fairly compact, has ultra slim nozzles and has no ionic function (or can allow it to be turned off). A long lead would be a bonus.

I tried the Ego that was a TSV a while back, but the lead was too short and it kept blowing the fuse on my extension! The nozzle was good on it, though, and the ionic could be switched off, but it was heavier and longer than I thought it would have been.

So, if anyone has a good hairdryer or has used one I'd be grateful for its name.

TIA

Thanks ILS. Appreciate you looking. Any ideas for one with a shorter front end, though? My current (and sadly on the way out I think) dryer is short. The EGO one was very long and with the concentrator nozzle on, I kept hitting my head. I've seen some short looking Babyliss dryers but they're deffo ionic and I have no idea if I can switch it off (plus they're rather expensive and engineered by Ferrari, which having worked once in a garage and knowing their rep for breaking down often, I'm a bit hmmm!).

My other option for not causing any more brain cell death is to check out a travel dryer but I don't know if they're powerful enough (tip for travel-dryer owners: don't forget to switch the voltage before you try to use it back home or you'll end up with a dead dryer/smoking hair!).

What does she think of it Loveinamist? Is it compact and light and is the nozzle really small? My current one has a wide, curved nozzle that although it's better than nothing, still blows my hair all over the place. Does it dry well and fast?

I used my friend's Errol Douglas infrared one a few weeks ago and loved the nozzle - really directional. The only thing with that one is that I can't switch the ionic off plus you're not supposed to use the nozzle on the highest setting (I'm always in a rush to do my hair!). The EGO one from QVC was good - a little long in the snout - but was fast and dried completely, plus the ionic can be switched off. The lead was way too short though, and when I used my extension it blew the fuse! I had an electrician friend look at it and fix it, but it blew again. Had no trouble using it directly to the socket and no trouble with other appliances via the extension. Electrician reckons there's something a bit X-Files going on...

It is good, so much better than the rickety type of old. The handle folds flat and it has 2000W power, dries hair effectively, DD has long straight hair above her waist. Here are some reviews from Amazon:

hhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003N7NINI

Thanks again LIaM. I'm popping into Boots on Wednesday - I'll have a look at this. There's a fab No7 lady who's also great with electrical beauty. She's let me pull a few out of the box already but I'd not asked her for travel hairdryers.

Thanks Both. ILS - yours is the same as LIaM's! Great minds think alike, eh?

Aaaaand - I saw it in Boots and bought it! Thanks again, Both :up:

Latest posts

Back