WoodWick Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Nice to see a different show on Ideal world for once. The candles looked lovely and I think its a good step for IW to have this brand on. Postage is only £2.99 compared to Qvc who charge £4.95 -£5.95 for all there Yankee candles products. Has anyone tried these before? how do they compare to Yankee, I do like the idea of there crackling and they have some lovely fragrances.

The one I had last year didn't smell that I noticed, but perhaps it was not meant to. It was a red christmassy one that my manager bought me. The crackling was like the constant sound of a sparkler on bonfire night and was quite loud. The quality of the candle was really lovely but after a little while the noise got a bit annoying. Many people would like it though-I think it's meant to sound like a real log fire and it kind of does.

Ideal World have sold WoodWick candles in the past. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but like most copies on IW, I don't doubt they will be inferior. I truly and honestly believe that if IW COULD get any more brands they would snap their hands off, but after months if not years of the same shows and brands, to me it's quite clear they can't persuade any companies to come to them, or the few they can get (dicesare and Models prefer as an example) soon scuttle off again.
Its funny just read the 'one time offer' event on the news page and it said that these offers 'wont be repeated'. No? perhaps not, but the items will be repeated, most likely all of them within a 2 week period as a pick of the day. Absolutely shambolic outfit :)

Nice to see a different show on Ideal world for once. The candles looked lovely and I think its a good step for IW to have this brand on. Postage is only £2.99 compared to Qvc who charge £4.95 -£5.95 for all there Yankee candles products. Has anyone tried these before? how do they compare to Yankee, I do like the idea of there crackling and they have some lovely fragrances.

So did I Autumn, but believe me, it gets ****** annoying after 20 minutes!! They didn't get lit again. It genuinely nearly drove me insane.
The police should buy a bulk lot and have them burning when they're interviewing murder suspects. Most would admit to it in no time at all, I know I would have!

But saying all that, it did smell nice. I can't remember exactly what it was called, but it was something Linen I think.
I assume it was their version of 'Clean Cotton' and I preferred it to be honest, but I won't be buying any in the future I can assure you.

So did I Autumn, but believe me, it gets ****** annoying after 20 minutes!! They didn't get lit again. It genuinely nearly drove me insane.
The police should buy a bulk lot and have them burning when they're interviewing murder suspects. Most would admit to it in no time at all, I know I would have!

But saying all that, it did smell nice. I can't remember exactly what it was called, but it was something Linen I think.
I assume it was their version of 'Clean Cotton' and I preferred it to be honest, but I won't be buying any in the future I can assure you.

Yes they had Linen on the show , the wax tart strips looked nice too. Im sure I saw some of the WoodWick candles in Tk Maxx a year or so ago so im gonna have a look in there as I don't really want to pay £20 for a candle ive not tried before or even smelt.

Oo btw I had a leaflet in the post from The CoOp and they are now selling Yankee candles.

I agree with what has been said about Woodwick candles. They are a novelty when first lit but after a while the crackling becomes too much. I have a few dotted around the house but they are seldom lit.

I guess the positive about them making a noise is your not likely to go to bed or out and forget to extinguish them. I have to confess I have done that in the past with YC.

Latest posts

Back