Ready To Wear Cosmetics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tuxedokitty

Registered Shopper
Looking for peoples feedback on this range.

Has anyone bought any of the range-especially the face powder? What did you think?

Many Thanks

Has anyone bought any of the range-especially the face powder? What did you think?

Many Thanks

It was good enough, nearest thing to MDL, crumblier, but not as bad as the JA version. Didn't think much of the other make up in the range tbh.

Many Thanks

I think his eyeshadows are great but the face powder is ok, it makes me look a bit ashy and washed out (am fair skinned with strong pink undertones).

Am just trying Halo by Smashbox and currently use Bares Escentuals foundation in medium which I find hard to beat (and my groaning make up drawers are testament to the amount of powders / foundations / general make up that I own :54: )

the face powder is ok, it makes me look a bit ashy
I've just been watching a bit of the show and noticed an ashy look on both the fair-skinned and the dark-skinned model. I'm not sure exactly which powder he's using so I've set the lunchtime programme to record.

clemenzina

I am wondering what this range is like to.
But I haven't heard anyone address what the minerals are mixed with to make them pressed yet.
I'm also wondering if they just contain minerals or are mixed with other things, again I haven't heard anyone say pure minerals yet.
I've had a look over hsn, but they don't appear to have the mineral range yet.
They do have a finishing powder that looks similar that has good reviews, but contains lanolin.
If anyone from IW is reading this, could you please address these issues as these are what's stopping me from purchasing!
I've emailed Customer Servies with my queries & had a reply saying they will get back to me within 7 days!:54:

Has anyone used Eyesential! I have been very tempted to give it a go. I could do with some help to fill all my tram lines in.:33:

Has anyone used Eyesential! I have been very tempted to give it a go. I could do with some help to fill all my tram lines in.:33:

Hi Kathy i used eye essentials and have to say not impressed i have tried using it over and over and dont get the same results as the telly shows sometimes i end up looking all patchy round the eyes or all white round the same area have tried usiing very small amounts and can say in mho its not worth the money sorry dont know if that helps.

Thanks Mags, that was very helpful. I thought it was too good to be true. I wonder how they make it look so good on the telly.:33: Thanks again.

Gave in & ordered the Ready to Wear Collection, as on one of the later demonstrations they actually put up "gem minerals".
Will let you know what it's like when I receive it.
I wondered if the Eyessentials was any good, thank you mags for the the review!

Kathy and chrissie both welcome how ever it is just my opion someone some where might think its great lol ,:33:

Chrissie i used the ready to wear not the lastest one and have found the marble type powder good gives even coverage over face dont use the blushers and fins the eye shadows and lippy great too .

Ok thanks for that mags!
I must say that "visually" I was very attracted to the POTD, the eye & cheek colours looks gorgeous.
What was putting me off was the lanolin in the ingredient listing over on HSN, but that wasn't the mineral one.
By the evening show, they had added "gem minerals" to the item number, which is what finally made me order it!
Will have to wait until I receive it to see if they are "pure" minerals, & if the are, then the POTD was a really excellent price.
It's nice to know that you've tried the range & like it, thank you.

Received my POTD today and it was pretty smashed up. Instead of putting it in a sturdy cardboard box with some polystyrene bits, it came laid out in a thin cardboard case inside a padded envelope. No wonder it broke. A bit poor I think. The makeup itself looked lovely, what was left intact, but because any replacement will probably come in the same crap packaging, it's going back for a refund.
Bit gutted actually, as I really liked the ready to wear powder :(

Snap! Mine arrived too & is smashed up as well.
Two out of the three compacts have their contents completely crushed. What a complete waste.
As the ingredients lists says they contain mineral oil, mine's going back.
Hope my refund goes through ok.:54:

I hate to say it, but I use Eyesential and think it's great. I've used it for well over a year now but there is certainly a technique to putting it on and it took me quite a few attempts to get it right.

The only thing I don't agree with, that they say during the demonstrations, is that you can wear mineral make up over the top of it. The fact that I've got Eyesential on is not at all obvious (and I've not admitted to wearing it at work) but when I dusted a light coating of mineral make up over the top, the Eyesential showed up, so I had to wash it all off and start again. Great when I was about to go out through the front door to go to work!

I do find that the area under the eye can become dry through using it though, so I liberally daub moisturiser there when I go to bed and that seems to do the trick.

Latest posts

Back