Deal of the day!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Dunno quite what's happened over the last couple of days, but I've just witnessed two items of absolute sh*te fly out with wings on and sell out well before the time's up. Yesterday two fleece throws for £1 add the extras and that's £9, order online and you pay even more. You can buy these cheap little blankets in most low end high street retailers for a couple of quid most days, they're normally about a fiver, but they're often reduced to clear, and at least you've got a bigger choice of designs to choose from. I thought yesterday's offerings were particularly grim, specially the wishy washy brown - The weird thing was is that they had the same set in a nice monochrome design on their regular website for the same price - so it wasn't exactly a "deal" was it?

Last night they launched dotd, I was in the other room at the time and I could hear Mike Mason and Peter sherlock saying how amazed they were that this men's fragrance was going so low, going on about how amazing the deal was...I rushed to the tv expecting at the very least Paul Smith or Ted Baker, a suitable present to give to someone, but what was it? " Pride of blinking Rome"!
It sold out there and then - WHY FFS? Has anyone ever smelt it? Does anyone know if the fragrance lasts more than 10 minutes on the skin? Has anyone who doesn't watch shopping tv ever heard of it? ...And what's more would your friend or loved on be thrilled to open a present to be met with a set of something that looks like it's been picked up from a bargain bazaar or a market stall?

I don't get it?

Come on Bid, some decent dotd's please!

Dunno quite what's happened over the last couple of days, but I've just witnessed two items of absolute sh*te fly out with wings on and sell out well before the time's up. Yesterday two fleece throws for £1 add the extras and that's £9, order online and you pay even more. You can buy these cheap little blankets in most low end high street retailers for a couple of quid most days, they're normally about a fiver, but they're often reduced to clear, and at least you've got a bigger choice of designs to choose from. I thought yesterday's offerings were particularly grim, specially the wishy washy brown - The weird thing was is that they had the same set in a nice monochrome design on their regular website for the same price - so it wasn't exactly a "deal" was it?

Last night they launched dotd, I was in the other room at the time and I could hear Mike Mason and Peter sherlock saying how amazed they were that this men's fragrance was going so low, going on about how amazing the deal was...I rushed to the tv expecting at the very least Paul Smith or Ted Baker, a suitable present to give to someone, but what was it? " Pride of blinking Rome"!
It sold out there and then - WHY FFS? Has anyone ever smelt it? Does anyone know if the fragrance lasts more than 10 minutes on the skin? Has anyone who doesn't watch shopping tv ever heard of it? ...And what's more would your friend or loved on be thrilled to open a present to be met with a set of something that looks like it's been picked up from a bargain bazaar or a market stall?

I don't get it?

Come on Bid, some decent dotd's please!

I doubt they need to do any 'decent' DOTD's, why bother when the mark up on this kind of muck is almost certainly astronomical?

But you have to give it to Bid, they definitely know their audience. They sold 2500 units in 10 minutes despite Gollum describing Pride of Rome as 'a modern day Mandate' as if that is a badge of honour! :mysmilie_13:

I doubt they need to do any decent DOTD's, the mark up on these must be astronomical.

But you have to give it to Bid, they definitely know their audience. They sold 2500 units in 10 minutes despite Gollum likening Pride of Rome to 'the modern day Mandate' as if that is a badge of honour! :mysmilie_13:

Mandate!!! Euggh. Fragrance has moved on since the dark days of the 70's and 80's ..thank God! Waiting with baited breath for the return of Blue Stratos, and Hai Karate!

Mandate!!! Euggh. Fragrance has moved on since the dark days of the 70's and 80's ..thank God! Waiting with baited breath for the return of Blue Stratos, and Hai Karate!

Without ever having smelt it I am guessing it is heavy, very musky (as most cheap men's fragrances are) and ends up smelling like Imperial Leather within minutes.

So £13 all in via the web? Perhaps it's worth it as a 'cannot be arsed' present but £13 all in and it kind of gives you an idea of the profit margin we're talking here, I would guess they pay no more than between £3-£4 a unit and quite possibly less.

At least Mason dosen't lie through his dodgy teeth about it anymore like he did 12 months ago. 'This is a TV advert being shown in America', 'It's sold in Macy's', 'It might be sold in Debenhams soon' blah blah blah!

But that's the point!
Bid ARE a market stall-they are the market stall of the air.
Cheap shoddy goods hard sold by spivvy salespeople to a gullible public.
What's happened to the Ofcom investigation? It's been about six months!
Still no sign of Wiggy.

But that's the point!
Bid ARE a market stall-they are the market stall of the air.
Cheap shoddy goods hard sold by spivvy salespeople to a gullible public.
What's happened to the Ofcom investigation? It's been about six months!
Still no sign of Wiggy.

A ****** expensive market stall!

I heard that Wiggy is away getting a more permanent solution to replace his somewhat dubious toupee but as always I simply cannot say if that is a fact or not.

Personally I like his rug look, his nickname in the studio is Matt.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish both Mark and his Syrup all the best for the future.

They are quite a formidable pair.

I reckon they could've given his syrup its own show ..never mind onwards and upwards! Deal of the day,not too bad - a pair of boots for the winter. Bogus boots like that are all over the high street and probably the same price or less, I reckon you could easily pick up a pair like that for around the £15 mark - however you are getting them delivered - so all in all a definite improvement on the last couple of offerings!

I reckon they could've given his syrup its own show ..never mind onwards and upwards! Deal of the day,not too bad - a pair of boots for the winter. Bogus boots like that are all over the high street and probably the same price or less, I reckon you could easily pick up a pair like that for around the £15 mark - however you are getting them delivered - so all in all a definite improvement on the last couple of offerings!

It saddens me that they rarely sell men's footwear these days. They used to have a range of pleather spoonies in a selection of styles.

I had hoped to purchase a pair of Tommy and Kate winter shoes, the synthetic uppers would be sure to keep my trotters toastie warm.

What has happened to Dr Cringles, Fletcher and Lowe and Harbour Collection, rarely seen nowadays. Bid tv has really gone downhill.

What has happened to Dr Cringles, Fletcher and Lowe and Harbour Collection, rarely seen nowadays. Bid tv has really gone downhill.

If ever there was a post that underlines the impossible task that BID face trying to please the members of this forum .... it's this one. You claim bid has 'gone downhill' because they no longer sell Dr cringles and harbour collection? Yet there are countless threads hammering bid because they DO sell those brands? Are you saying you LIKE Dr Cringles?? And feel they give bid credibility by selling them ???????
(Be careful how you answer that as the bid bashing bullies don't take kindly to posters having a opposing opinion to them )

Or, as I suspect did you just fancy having a moan lol ..

I was being ironic:mysmilie_59:

I most certainly am not a bid basher, I love watching Bid for the laughs and bs. Most entertaining shopping channel bar none and the funniest presenters. Also they do have some great ideas, I never would have bought an e bike if it weren't for Bid etc etc Thank You Bid

Last edited:
It saddens me that they rarely sell men's footwear these days. They used to have a range of pleather spoonies in a selection of styles.

I had hoped to purchase a pair of Tommy and Kate winter shoes, the synthetic uppers would be sure to keep my trotters toastie warm.

Come to think of it, I've not had much luck with their boots and shoes. Bought a pair of cringles ankle boots last year, whilst the upper stayed surprisingly intact and colour fast, the under soles had holes in them within a matter of weeks. I bought a pair of wellies cum snow boots just last month, the had a really substantial looking rubber shoe part which was topped with a suede look lace up boot with fur around the top. They were £2.99 on last ones, so only cost me £10.98. They are comfortable, true to size..BUT the heel has worn right down to the base already, and I'm not heavy on my feet either - So I'm afraid, along with bedding bid footwear is another no no for me!

1453271_637462339643366_1081846258_n.png

Saw similar on the market today for a fiver, poorly finished where upper meets sole

1453271_637462339643366_1081846258_n.png

Saw similar on the market today for a fiver, poorly finished where upper meets sole

I have barely tuned in lately as I have mostly been watching Q for presents. Doesn't look like I've missed anything, nothing changes does it?

Tattkins.

I hope Merry enjoys the latest DOTD.

It's that very well known fragrance 'Enchant Me'.

I hope Merry enjoys the latest DOTD.

It's that very well known fragrance 'Enchant Me'.

Good grief!!! It "looks" attractive enough - BUT there's not a single indication of who makes this. It's nowhere to be found online in any shape or form, so this makes me think perhaps it's even lower end than the like of Laurelle and Creation Lamis! Again, could smell like crap, probably doesn't last, which if the latter is true is probably just as well...but people are still prepared to spend almost £20 on it - Suppose it's no worse than going into Marks n' Sparks and buying a generic set of floral smellies - Like you said before Wirral it's gotta be one of those can't be arsed presents.

Good grief!!! It "looks" attractive enough - BUT there's not a single indication of who makes this. It's nowhere to be found online in any shape or form, so this makes me think perhaps it's even lower end than the like of Laurelle and Creation Lamis! Again, could smell like crap, probably doesn't last, which if the latter is true is probably just as well...but people are still prepared to spend almost £20 on it - Suppose it's no worse than going into Marks n' Sparks and buying a generic set of floral smellies - Like you said before Wirral it's gotta be one of those can't be arsed presents.

Over 300ml of the perfume alone for £20 all in kind of gives an indication of the quality.

'Enchant Me' isn't so much a can't be arsed present as a hate ya' guts gift!

Shocked Face Sherlock says it's the best DOTD they have ever done (we've heard that before). He said 'you are almost getting too much for your money'.

You said it lad.

Peter just said 'nothing about this (Enchant Me) is naff, you know often the name is naff and you think I don't like that name'

Surely he is taking the piss?

Latest posts

Back