debbie greenwood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Caught DG on Bid tv today. Looks as though she has lost weight - a lot. Cant be easy for her, promoting beauty products by obscure companies, and perfumes that can be found on market stalls.

I liked the rapport with Peter Sherlock, but then I have a soft spot for Scousers (don't tell Mr A...he's a Manc :mysmilie_845:)

I liked the rapport with Peter Sherlock, but then I have a soft spot for Scousers (don't tell Mr A...he's a Manc :mysmilie_845:)

Peter was telling her about his 'Cupboard of Lovliness' with it's 700 perfumes.

Shocked Face Shylock Sherlock was like a different person with her, I liked it.

None of his usual hysterics. She has a calming influence, sadly I doubt it would work with Over The Topp.

Shocked Face Shylock Sherlock was like a different person with her, I liked it.

None of his usual hysterics. She has a calming influence, sadly I doubt it would work with Over The Topp.

I agree DG seems to be calm, measured and professional. It's nice to have a bit of class on the channel.
For me she still seems a bit unsure of herself so either she'll grow in confidence or think 'what the heck have I done'!

I agree DG seems to be calm, measured and professional. It's nice to have a bit of class on the channel.
For me she still seems a bit unsure of herself so either she'll grow in confidence or think 'what the heck have I done'!

I have hardly watched Bid this week as I have presents to buy and obviously I wouldn't buy any of their tatt for gifts but I still find it so odd seeing her on the channel.

It would be a bit like Paxman presenting I'm A Celebrity :mysmilie_8:

I have hardly watched Bid this week as I have presents to buy and obviously I wouldn't buy any of their tatt for gifts but I still find it so odd seeing her on the channel.

It would be a bit like Paxman presenting I'm A Celebrity :mysmilie_8:

I did last year, and never again! One of the items was a Yarvik tablet, it was on easy pay and that's why I bought it as a pressie for OH - it worked brilliantly to start with, but a real false economy as it doesn't hold its charge properly, it's unresponsive and won't connect to the internet in all of my rooms, and when it does actually work it's really sluggish. OH ended up buying himself a decent one and said I could have it as a spare

I did last year, and never again! One of the items was a Yarvik tablet, it was on easy pay and that's why I bought it as a pressie for OH - it worked brilliantly to start with, but a real false economy as it doesn't hold its charge properly, it's unresponsive and won't connect to the internet in all of my rooms, and when it does actually work it's really sluggish. OH ended up buying himself a decent one and said I could have it as a spare

We got a tablet from Ideal World last christmas. It was ok but similar to your model it didn't stay charged for long (3-4 hours tops), at times it was quite unresponsive and many of the 'player' apps like iPlayer, 4oD and ITV Player just didn't work properly nor did some banking apps either although the iPlayer did eventually get a fix. In fact many apps had problems so we eventually gave it away.

I think the models they sell this year have better processors and RAM so they should be more responsive but logic tells you if you're paying £60 for a tablet you're going to get a £60 tablet, simple as that.

But I guess it's a decent way of getting one without shelling out.

I have seen Debbie a few times, she does look good when its the casual sale technique but once the hard sell starts she looks flustered and uncomfortable.... I presume that's why she often has a co-presenter?

I liked how she told people not to call anymore (who wanted XXL) as the garment she was selling had sold out in that size... yet it just said limited quantity (something like that) for a good 30 secs or so afterwards. It makes you wonder if stuff does sell out a bit before they tell you to stop calling.... perhaps it was just a glitch ;)

I have seen Debbie a few times, she does look good when its the casual sale technique but once the hard sell starts she looks flustered and uncomfortable.... I presume that's why she often has a co-presenter?

I liked how she told people not to call anymore (who wanted XXL) as the garment she was selling had sold out in that size... yet it just said limited quantity (something like that) for a good 30 secs or so afterwards. It makes you wonder if stuff does sell out a bit before they tell you to stop calling.... perhaps it was just a glitch ;)

Credit where it's due, you can now select sizes online during live TV Auctions so you don't have to call although why it's taken until 2013 for them to facilitate this is surprising.

I presume the Ofcom situation has been resolved privately as I couldn't imagine Debbie joining a company with that hanging over them.

Latest posts

Back