Anyone here crochet?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I never have, but am determined to start. One of my most treasured possessions is a throw my cousin crocheted for me years ago. It's been on my bed for years and I now have to repair it here and there. I'd like to have a go at making one myself and have had a look on You Tube at the tutorials there, but have yet to find the pattern.

Would anyone know the name for a pattern that just looks like a continual wave/zig-zag so I can search it?

TIA

Hi, have a look on All about you craft they have loads of different patterns on there.
Will have another look and see what I can find.

If you google chevron crochet throw or blanket you should be able to find some patterns. If not I have a pattern for a cushion cover that can be sized up, if I can find it.

I never have, but am determined to start. One of my most treasured possessions is a throw my cousin crocheted for me years ago. It's been on my bed for years and I now have to repair it here and there. I'd like to have a go at making one myself and have had a look on You Tube at the tutorials there, but have yet to find the pattern.

Would anyone know the name for a pattern that just looks like a continual wave/zig-zag so I can search it?

TIA

I can crochet but am no expert. Come on over to our sister site Craft Telly forum there's lots of members who are skilled in needle crafts of all types. Someone there will be able to help you.

Perfect! Thanks Both. I couldn't think of a way to describe the pattern but Chevron, Ripple or Wave sound right. That multi-coloured one from the attic site is gorgeous!

I'm a complete beginner (as in never even held a crochet hook), but don't want something that needs stitching IYKWIM. Do you think I'll manage it? Are the people on Craft Telly patient for stupid requests/absolute beginners??

TIA

Perfect! Thanks Both. I couldn't think of a way to describe the pattern but Chevron, Ripple or Wave sound right. That multi-coloured one from the attic site is gorgeous!

I'm a complete beginner (as in never even held a crochet hook), but don't want something that needs stitching IYKWIM. Do you think I'll manage it? Are the people on Craft Telly patient for stupid requests/absolute beginners??TIA

Absolutely! You'll get tons of encouragement and if you need it support as you make it. They just love helping a fellow needle crafter. I recently made a baby shawl (crochet) having not done anything that big since the 1970s and they supplied links to patterns and wool suppliers as well as encouragement. One member even snail mailed me some of her patterns so I could have a proper look at the instructions before jumping in.
This is how the completed shawl looked:

Hi there!
I too decided to learn to crochet about 18 months ago and tried to teach myself with the aid of you tube! Unfortunately I struggled with it and got rather frustrated, so went in search of a workshop!
I don't know where you live but if you or anyone else fancies learning to crochet I can highly recommend the workshops at http://baaramewe.co.uk in Leeds and Harrogate.
At the end if the day I could crochet, make twisty scarves, afghan squares etc!
The lady that taught us was from Rowan wools, and bless her, she had the patience of a saint! I think they do workshops too!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
X

ILS - I take it you've picked up from my posts that I'm a freezer then :mysmilie_462:

PP -That is so beautiful. I wish I'd started a year ago and I may have managed something like that for my nephew.

SQ - Ooh, I'd love to make a twisty scarf! I'm a bit (300 miles) or so from the workshop sadly - I know I'd benefit from someone showing me how to do it rather than try myself with YouTube as you did.

alter ego have you managed to do any crochet yet?

If not deramores.com have a video on their site, if you are still interested.

Latest posts

Back