Same crap just better presented

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bingowings

Registered Shopper
Flicking back and forth from QVC to BID and I am finding it hilarious how they both sell such similar products. Yet QVC seem to be so much better at polishing turds. Last night I watched a girl on Q trying to flog me the cheapest looking nasty pink makeup bag for £40! This morning I am being told how classy the solar powered garden faires are and later I have an ice scraper and snow brush to look forward to. Same crap that bid sell. But strangely because it's QVC. With a lovely set and a well spoken presenter it doesn't seem like crap. I think QVC are just better at flogging cheap tat than bid. Plus. People really like to convince themselves that QVC is sooooo middle class and cultured that everything they do is just delightful and fab. I guess if you look at it like that it makes you feel better about spending your life watching shopping telly lol.

Yes, whilst I'm sure there is some real crap to be had on QVC, in the main, the stuff they sell is well known branded goods. It's like comparing Debenhams with Poundstretcher!

You may have me down as a bid basher - but I'll give 'em one thing, they're a darned sight more entertaining to watch than QVC!

When I read the thread title I presumed it was going to be about Debbie Greenwood :mysmilie_19:

Yes, whilst I'm sure there is some real crap to be had on QVC, in the main, the stuff they sell is well known branded goods. It's like comparing Debenhams with Poundstretcher!

You may have me down as a bid basher - but I'll give 'em one thing, they're a darned sight more entertaining to watch than QVC!

I can't help but wonder if QVC sold bid products how people would react. Say if they had the palace of Versailles perfumes. With a guest and lots of beautiful images. And a juicy price tag . But with 2 easy payments of course lol.im sure middle England would heap praise on then for offering such refined treats !! QVC is only marginally better than BID for quality. And much worse for value a bs! But much better at dressing up the crap as quality items for sophisticated people. Their customer service is poor their delivery is poor and their dull as dishwater to watch. But I have to hand it them. They have done a fab job of convincing people that watching QVC is such a civilised thing to do. If you watch QvC your not a sad scumbag that watches Sellly telly all day. You cultured, educated and intelligent. Although not intelligent enough to flick over to bid and get you philosophy products at half price or a halogen for £30.

I can't help but wonder if QVC sold bid products how people would react. Say if they had the palace of Versailles perfumes. With a guest and lots of beautiful images. And a juicy price tag . But with 2 easy payments of course lol.im sure middle England would heap praise on then for offering such refined treats !! QVC is only marginally better than BID for quality. And much worse for value a bs! But much better at dressing up the crap as quality items for sophisticated people. Their customer service is poor their delivery is poor and their dull as dishwater to watch. But I have to hand it them. They have done a fab job of convincing people that watching QVC is such a civilised thing to do. If you watch QvC your not a sad scumbag that watches Sellly telly all day. You cultured, educated and intelligent. Although not intelligent enough to flick over to bid and get you philosophy products at half price or a halogen for £30.

What guest would they get Bings? Some bloke from Acton pretending to be a descendant of Loius 14th? Sorry but QVC, and I'm not saying they're perfect are NOT reknowned for their shonky sales techniques and /or unbranded merchandise. As for the Philosophy stuff, you make it sound as though they do the whole range - They managed to pick up some bankrupt stock of some Philosophy bronzing powder and are selling it at a good price, but you could hardly tell us they sell Philosopy productS at half price. Whilst I'm here, in my experience it's only the die hard shopping telly watchers that have even heard of Bid tv, QVC is a household name, so more often than not if somebody's knocking you for watching the shopping channels, QVC's the name they'll come out with!

What guest would they get Bings? Some bloke from Acton pretending to be a descendant of Loius 14th? Sorry but QVC, and I'm not saying they're perfect are NOT reknowned for their shonky sales techniques and /or unbranded merchandise. As for the Philosophy stuff, you make it sound as though they do the whole range - They managed to pick up some bankrupt stock of some Philosophy bronzing powder and are selling it at a good price, but you could hardly tell us they sell Philosopy productS at half price. Whilst I'm here, in my experience it's only the die hard shopping telly watchers that have even heard of Bid tv, QVC is a household name, so more often than not if somebody's knocking you for watching the shopping channels, QVC's the name they'll come out with!

I believe QVC came second only to John Lewis in an expansive independent survey of customer attitudes towards well known brands and their customer service.

I'm not sure where in the list Sit-Up came. I know they used have a proud 90%+ satisfaction rate that they regularly featured in their promotions but they dropped that a few years ago, dunno why.

I recently bought two Elemis gift sets from QVC. I was tempted to buy some similarly priced Skin Pharmacy products from Bid instead but feared that my two big sisters (who they are for) would viciously and with malice aforethought project them in the direction of my head while still in the bottle.

I decided to play it safe.

qvc sell a lot of their own brands that are not very good quality. also waiting two weeks for a refund after cancelling an order within 2 mins is not good customer services.

qvc sell a lot of their own brands that are not very good quality. also waiting two weeks for a refund after cancelling an order within 2 mins is not good customer services.

I couldn't agree more. Here are some of the brands on bid tonight;
Boucheron
Lalique
Caron
Slazenger
Calvin Klein
Sennheisser
Mele
Elizabeth grant

There are some great brands in there and hardly poundlNd material. But nobody here is interested in the good stuff bid do. They just sit and wait for something to moan about.

northern nights the worst bedding in history. high thread count low on quality. fashion most of it is worse than primark and 10times the price. worthless kitchen gadgets. dodgy own brand skincare judith williams who is she really? mally her makeup prices exceed ysl,chanel, nars, benefit but why dont they apply the makeup from scratch cos its cheap anf over hyped.

northern nights the worst bedding in history. high thread count low on quality. fashion most of it is worse than primark and 10times the price. worthless kitchen gadgets. dodgy own brand skincare judith williams who is she really? mally her makeup prices exceed ysl,chanel, nars, benefit but why dont they apply the makeup from scratch cos its cheap anf over hyped.

Northern nights is the only bedding I buy

I think Bid should be applauded for their extensive and indeed unique range of bedding.

As far as I'm aware they're the only channel whose bedding is one use disposable.

I'm waiting for all these top brands. Peter has been on for an hour and we have been treated to:

Base Metal Charm Bracelet
Rosa Benini Sack
Base Metal Earrings and Pendant
Thermal Camisole and Tops
Swivel Seat Cushion
Dogtooth Coat

However, he does have JPD, another Halogen Oven, 'Stratford' and 'Bewell' watches coming up. And now he's selling some furry boots that funnily enough he finds 'reminiscent of a very big designer'.

Ooh, he also has Halston After Shave and Wonderscarves. It's top brand alley!

Agreed. Also whenever QVC sell any skin care they always show the model in over exposed lighting with no makeup for the before shot and in beautiful makeup and flattering lighting for the after shot. Why? It's skin care they are selling! Not makeup. Of course they look healthier ! They are covered in makeup!

QVC have plenty of shoddy brands they people think are full of class but are just tat. Brands that have been created just for qvc.

creases soooo badly the Portugal flannel is ok but the high thread count is a travesty

I found the high thread count to wash really badly. I thought I had put the wash on too high a setting but from what I have read its a pretty common problem. It loses it's shape so quickly and sags around the buttons. V poor.

I'm waiting for all these top brands. Peter has been on for an hour and we have been treated to:

Base Metal Charm Bracelet
Rosa Benini Sack
Base Metal Earrings and Pendant
Thermal Camisole and Tops
Swivel Seat Cushion
Dogtooth Coat

However, he does have JPD, another Halogen Oven, 'Stratford' and 'Bewell' watches coming up. And now he's selling some furry boots that funnily enough he finds 'reminiscent of a very big designer'.

Ooh, he also has Halston After Shave and Wonderscarves. It's top brand alley!

lol surprisingly you didn't mention any of the 'top brands' from my post. But hey I wouldn't expect any less. Mud tinted glasses lol. Maybe you should turn over to qvc for the snooz fest of Mally makeup? The worst makeup I have ever used. Cheap tat dressed up as quality. But then qvc are so much better at polishing turds lol

I might add that Peter does have a Golddigga watch before 10pm, that's as close to a brand name in his whole shift although in fairness he did have Halston (the third incarnation of it that is):mysmilie_19:

You'll all have to stay up a lot later for the deluge of biggies!

I might add that Peter does have a Golddigga watch before 10pm, that's as close to a brand name in his whole shift although in fairness he did have Halston (the third incarnation of it that is):mysmilie_19:

Which channel has the biggest range of big brands tonight? Hmmmmmm? Is it BID? Is it? I think it is lol

You can say all this to you are blue in the face but the public sees Bid as a Poundland/ Home Bargains Shop and QVC as M&S. They need to be more like Aldi and make people aware that their products are of good quality and good value before they can take QVC on and beat them. Debbie as a presenter will help with that as she is trusted. The products I have bought from Bid have been household names like Karcher. I don't buy any brands from any channel that smack of front room laboratories or Chinese/Far East sweat shops.

Which channel has the biggest range of big brands tonight? Hmmmmmm? Is it BID? Is it? I think it is lol

Latest posts

Back