Sexxxxxxy Shoo at Superdrug!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Went into Superdug today and lo and behold the 'famous' Sexxy Shoo, the black stiletto one. Had to have a test obviously, and it smelled like absolute
shi..... anyway, I also, at the same time on the other wrist, tried Sunflowers, a classic I know, but Agoraphobia for 20+ years doesn't allow much yomping round shops
and sniffing :p The sunflowers is still on my wrist, 2 hours later, smelling beautiful, whilst the sexxy kak has completely gone (thank god). It was sweet to the point of making me gag, and smelled worse than those 'barbie' or 'hello kitty' perfumes for little girls. It really smelled cheap and nasty :( Hopefully anyone now intrigued can go have a sniff, if you're brave enough! £10 as well, but genuinely I wouldn't give you 10p for it. You know what I just realised, my toilet cleaner genuinely smells much much better :p

I visited a new supermarket in our town the other day and was surprised to see Betty Boop perfume for £3.99; I couldn't smell it though, it was sealed up :)

Last edited:
I agree about Sexxy Shoo, they sell it in the low end discount retailer T J Hughes for £8. None of the range smelled particularly nice to my nose (and that's being generous) but the red one was particularly rank. I liken it to Shake n Vac in cheap Vodka

I do hope that despite getting the extended returns policy rammed down their throats the viewers are aware that if you even spritz any of Bid's unknown stinks you cannot return them but at least they have a rather tasteful table ornament if they don't care for the reek.

Yes, as Sally said yesterday even if you break the seal on the cellophane you can't send it back.

Yes, as Sally said yesterday even if you break the seal on the cellophane you can't send it back.

And I can quite understand that really as i'm sure many retailers have a similar policy.

Unfortunately when we're talking no name pongs it dosen't really encourage confident shopping. At least you have a stiletto ornament though, if you like that sort of thing :mysmilie_59:

But, QVC do let you use the whole bottle, or eat the whole meat pack and if you were unhappy you can send back...... the bones? seriously they will refund you if you've used it. It works though, it inspires confidence in me to try something from them, apparently they won't take any retailers who won't offer the guarantee. certainly like you say, it isn't fair with a brand you cannot in any way try before you buy, maybe they should include a 1ml battle externally to the main package so you or the recipient can smell it, vomit, then package the main one up untouched :p

But, QVC do let you use the whole bottle, or eat the whole meat pack and if you were unhappy you can send back...... the bones? seriously they will refund you if you've used it. It works though, it inspires confidence in me to try something from them, apparently they won't take any retailers who won't offer the guarantee. certainly like you say, it isn't fair with a brand you cannot in any way try before you buy, maybe they should include a 1ml battle externally to the main package so you or the recipient can smell it, vomit, then package the main one up untouched :p

Indeed, but QVC are the exception rather than the rule (even John Lewis don't accept returns of used cosmetics and beauty products unless it had a fault). Beware of QVC's returns policy though, they do indeed let you try anything which is rare, certainly with with beauty products but if you happen to return (in their opinion) too many items they won't hesitate to close your account.

But for balance so will Bid!

You're feeling very serious today Mr Wirral! hope all is ok with you :) Crikey, Debbie Greenwood just now is going to get in trouble with Bid! She's name dropped kelly Hoppen, Baileys (irish liquer) Slanket and someone else, in the last 10 minutes :)

You're feeling very serious today Mr Wirral! hope all is ok with you :) Crikey, Debbie Greenwood just now is going to get in trouble with Bid! She's name dropped kelly Hoppen, Baileys (irish liquer) Slanket and someone else, in the last 10 minutes :)

I don't know what you mean about being serious? The poor love was just reminiscing about the BBC, she must have caught Dirty Peter's bug!

i LOVE the way he's been named dirty Peter, and Golum for Mike :p

Don't forget:-

Justin Hazell - BOD
Peter Sherlock - Shocked Face Sherlock, Shyster Sherlock, Shylock Sherlock
Caroline Lyndsay - Frumpletiltskin or just Frump
Lisa Brash - Anything Art Related
Mike Mason - Spiv, Gollum, BingoBalls, Jack of All Trades
Steve MacDonald - Spiv
Jenny Topp - Jenny Gobb, Over The Topp
Chris Birkett - ee-finz Dad, Burger Flippin' Birkett, Bingo Meister Birkett
Sally Jacks - Sally Flapjack, Sally Klaxon

We also had Nicola George (Lola) and Mark Stewart (Wiggy) but they have now sadly left. There's almost certainly more too but they are the ones I recall off the top of my head :mysmilie_19:

I had a sneaky that Frumplestiltskin was Caroline, LOL :)

Ha Ha, those outfits and that head tilting mean there has never been a more fitting nickname!

I honestly believe her 1985 Anne Diamond style is to portray a certain image for her likely audience, I bet she isn't anything like as antwacky off screen.

I had to laugh when Steve MacDonald called Sally 'Salbo Baggins' the other day :mysmilie_59:

I had to laugh when Steve MacDonald called Sally 'Salbo Baggins' the other day :mysmilie_59:

That's funny! A lot more original that Gollum and his tedious Cat Food jibe.

Steve is funny but jeez is he a bullshitter :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back