I can see I'm preaching to the converted.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

peterj

Registered Shopper
I joined to see if there was anyone else who had bought stuff they were not satisfied with and boy have I come to the right place! I bought a Christin Lars watch and it didn't go. Being an optimist I took it to get a new battery, it still didn't go. The man at the jewelers said ' Have you been on the shopping channels? These watches aren't worth the price of the battery or the postage to send them back' My wife bought some 'French' perfume it smelled like toilet cleaner and went straight in the dustbin. Shan't be buying anymore stuff after reading this forum.

welcome to the forum peterj
Come and join the fun. Have a read around the posts and you'll soon get the hang of us!

I joined to see if there was anyone else who had bought stuff they were not satisfied with and boy have I come to the right place! I bought a Christin Lars watch and it didn't go. Being an optimist I took it to get a new battery, it still didn't go. The man at the jewelers said ' Have you been on the shopping channels? These watches aren't worth the price of the battery or the postage to send them back' My wife bought some 'French' perfume it smelled like toilet cleaner and went straight in the dustbin. Shan't be buying anymore stuff after reading this forum.

Christin Lars?
Cheatin Liars!:mysmilie_19:

Surely you must be mistaken..... i thought Christen Lars was a 'MASTER OF HOROLOGY'

According to Bid presenter James Russell Christin Lars watches have 'taken the watch world by storm' and are made 'not in factories but in workshops by horologists who are passionate about what they do' using 'only the finest materials'.
What on earth has happened to the Ofcom investigation into bid-I can't believe that there wont be a report.

According to Bid presenter James Russell Christin Lars watches have 'taken the watch world by storm' and are made 'not in factories but in workshops by horologists who are passionate about what they do' using 'only the finest materials'.
What on earth has happened to the Ofcom investigation into bid-I can't believe that there wont be a report.

Yep, here we go again!

Just to redress the balance, I bought OH a Christin Lars watch a couple of years back, and apart from the strap being a bit flimsy..ie it lost a bit of shape which was only noticeable when it wasn't being worn - It was a fab watch..I say was because he lost it but when he did have it, it kept good time, never had to change the battery and looked good, and mostly in my experience the watches they do on the channels are decent...Philip Mercier, being the exception for me.

What was the name of the bog cleaner/perfume...do you remember..would be interested to know...cheers x

I actually think some of the Christin Lars watches are handsome looking timepieces, I have said so a few times.

What they aren't are made by some master horologist, nor does anyone of that name have anything to do with them. That's the only gripe I have ever had, other than someone once claiming one of them was 'smothered in diamonds' :mysmilie_59:

I thought that Thomas Earnshaw was the Master horologist, fas someone been fibbing :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back