'I'd love to tell you what we paid......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Staggering isn't it and makes the utter crap Shylock was coming out with even more annoying. The mark up process he quoted sounds plausible for the high street when brand names are involved but it dosen't apply to the kind of shat they sell.

It sure dosen't apply to Laurelle, fact!

Mukhallat Al Shawq Perfume by Nabeel £2.50

I bet Shylocks bidding on that one :mysmilie_19:

I can hear him now:-

'I first came across this fragrance 10 years ago when I was the head buyer for a really high end, luxury Saudi Department Store'.

Mary Portas must go to Shylock for tips. Did you hear Dirty Peter say last night that Sherlock has been featured in tabloid newspapers because of his beauty experience?

The only tabloid features I have seen about Bid certainly weren't singing their praises!

oh my goodness, if this is the case of 'how much it costs us' then this is a real eye opener
quite apart from it being absolute dross, the mark up is phenomenal - it's absolutely staggering to see an example like that in black and white
so does this mean their shirts are quite safe really?!

oh my goodness, if this is the case of 'how much it costs us' then this is a real eye opener
quite apart from it being absolute dross, the mark up is phenomenal - it's absolutely staggering to see an example like that in black and white
so does this mean their shirts are quite safe really?!

It's so simple isn't it? It makes sense for them to mostly steer clear of known brands as they simply won't ever be able to achieve the kind of mark up they can with Steve's 'it has a lot of gold' plated base metal bracelets or Peter's 'fffffffabulous' fragrances that don't even make it onto Bassnotes or Fragrantica.

They can sell such stuff for whatever they like, it's almost impossible to do a price check. Unluckily for Bid, Laurelle (unusually) have a public wholesale price list so we know how eyewatering the mark up is.

Latest posts

Back