Deb G

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

chubchop

Registered Shopper
I have been enjoying Debbie on Bid. She's so calm, charming and watchable in the midst of the madness. I find her very believable and hope she stays that way. I had hoped that this might be the first step in the right direction for PriceDrop/Bid, but the rest is still very difficult to watch - you have to turn the sound off or just go straight to QVC/IW !!!
Sometimes I feel tempted to buy but I cannot be bothered waiting to see what the actual price is. Why don't they just say from the outset????
Also, I have never been able to understand this whole weird idea of selling something for £1 but then the p and p @7.99???? Do they think we're idiots?

I have been enjoying Debbie on Bid. She's so calm, charming and watchable in the midst of the madness. I find her very believable and hope she stays that way. I had hoped that this might be the first step in the right direction for PriceDrop/Bid, but the rest is still very difficult to watch - you have to turn the sound off or just go straight to QVC/IW !!!
Sometimes I feel tempted to buy but I cannot be bothered waiting to see what the actual price is. Why don't they just say from the outset????
Also, I have never been able to understand this whole weird idea of selling something for £1 but then the p and p @7.99???? Do they think we're idiots?

It's likely much of their business model is based around the low item price but additional, non refundable charges totalling over 900% more.

No other shopping channel around does it but then again no other shopping channel sells so much complete and utter crap which nobody with half a brain will return (at their own expense) just to receive a £1 refund!

in the words of the great James "full 3 piece suit" Russell ... "grab it... just grab it.... if you're not 100% satisfied then return it and i'll give you your money back...excluding usual fees":mysmilie_19:

in the words of the great James "full 3 piece suit" Russell ... "grab it... just grab it.... if you're not 100% satisfied then return it and i'll give you your money back...excluding usual fees":mysmilie_19:

He looks more and more like the Deputy Manager of a provincial 2 Star Hotel with lofty ambitions of getting a third :mysmilie_59:

I have always like Debbie Greenwood, ever since her early days on the BBC with Frank Bough. I wonder after all those years on QVC how she is finding the new job?

I expect a lot of QVC customers tune in just to see her as she is very popular. I bet she doesn't know what's hit her on Bid though!!

I have always like Debbie Greenwood, ever since her early days on the BBC with Frank Bough. I wonder after all those years on QVC how she is finding the new job?

Going merely by her shocked expressions, her (albeit restrained) chants of 'no no no' at the low prices and her presumably new found love of patchwork 1980's style handbags I'd say she settled in rather nicely :mysmilie_19:

Well, that's good then eh?

She may as well immerse herself in the culture, Bid is no place for shrinking violets. It's the TV equivalent of a pop up stall. QVC or the BBC it most certainly is not!

Give her a few months and she'll probably be screaming 'quick, go go go' (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating!) :mysmilie_19:

I like her, she seems really nice but Bid is a jungle!

I want her to be saying "good work all of you" or "go for it absolutely go for it" or "I pay £8 per hour to park my car in town" then we will know for sure she is one of the Bid family.

I want her to be saying "good work all of you" or "go for it absolutely go for it" or "I pay £8 per hour to park my car in town" then we will know for sure she is one of the Bid family.
I've heard her teasing Caroline about the "good work all of you" ....also references to the staff restaurant!! She's keeping her sense of humour!

I like her relaxed style, even if the content of her words are "bid like" it doesn't feel like a brow beating nor a full on manipulation

unlike my favourite pairing at 3 on mondays

I like her relaxed style, even if the content of her words are "bid like" it doesn't feel like a brow beating nor a full on manipulation

unlike my favourite pairing at 3 on mondays

I dread seeing her after Christmas when they have their next inevitable 'sale' but I fancy this one will involve them having to wear those awful, big badges.

Or when they next generously give away '£10 Credits' and she'll have to wave the cards around in front of the camera.

yes it will be interesting to see how Debbie handles the perfect storm that is Bid's January SALE SALE SALE....She will also have to navigate the Elvis Presley birthday week in January... inflatable Elvis, Dog rug Elvis, Left handed pencil sketch of Elvis, Elvis body scent etc etc etc... I do have to say I think its not really her style Bid TV... shes either got to embrace it totally... fall to her knees in shock when its a pound.... hug the camera as an introduction... dress like she's at the Oscars..... be left speechless at the quality... OR give up...

I've always liked Debbie as a presenter, and the fact she's fitting in well over on bid goes to show how down to earth and natural she is - Could you imagine what we'd be saying if she picked up a Rozzer Benini bag by the corner and stared into the camera with a look of utter disdain? Or went to spray some God awful cheap stink onto her wrist, but suddenly realised what she was doing and sprayed it at arms length into the studio?! She's even convincing with the plaster of Paris ornaments!!! And I for one didn't pick up the merest hint of " My youngest daughter brought me something like this once home from a fairground - I managed to sneak it into the dustbin without her noticing!"

Well done Debbie!

yes it will be interesting to see how Debbie handles the perfect storm that is Bid's January SALE SALE SALE....She will also have to navigate the Elvis Presley birthday week in January... inflatable Elvis, Dog rug Elvis, Left handed pencil sketch of Elvis, Elvis body scent etc etc etc... I do have to say I think its not really her style Bid TV... shes either got to embrace it totally... fall to her knees in shock when its a pound.... hug the camera as an introduction... dress like she's at the Oscars..... be left speechless at the quality... OR give up...

Haha, they dont dress like it's the oscars. The women only ever wear clothes that is coming up to be sold

Debbie has just tweeted that It is Christmas Food and Drink Day tomorrow, and there wil be Lilly O'Brian's Chocolates. I bet they won't let her eat all the samples like she used to on QVC. Hehe!!!

Debbie has just tweeted that It is Christmas Food and Drink Day tomorrow, and there wil be Lilly O'Brian's Chocolates. I bet they won't let her eat all the samples like she used to on QVC. Hehe!!!

I wonder what the use by date will be? Not that it would be a problem in our house!

I'd love to know how old the Elizabeth Grant stuff is, it's all in the old packaging.

Latest posts

Back