Tuesday....My mum and prayers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
This tuesday my mum is having another operation, this time on her left eye to repair a cataract and glaucoma.

She is going under general anaesthetic and will be having the same anesthetist as did her hip operation.

She will be having a bed in High Dependency Unit to make sure there are no complications and to make sure she comes through the operation and the anesthetic.

Once again they are making sure she has the best care and the best treatment for the procedure.

I am well aware that under normal circumstances people don't need a bed in High Dependency Units for eye operations but due to my mums health, circumstances require this.

Mum has had a terrible year and this is just another things that she has to come through, fresh out of hospital from severe urosepsis where she almost passed away, a major bone infection earlier in the year, a hip operation that could have cost her her life, moving into nursing care as she can no longer stand or walk, this operation......the day before my brothers birthday and Christmas week.....is terrifying.

I truely believe that the prayers and thoughts you all sent her were what got her through the operation earlier in the year and once again I am asking that on Tuesday you please keep her in your thoughts and say a little prayer for her.

Many thanks and I will keep you all updated as much as possible.

Aww sending my love to your mum and yourself , hope all goes well for her on Tuesday :) x

Special thoughts sent to you and your Mum. Please let us know how she`s doing after the op.

special thoughts and prayers for you mum. I know exactly what your going through. big hugs

Sending positive vibes for your Mum, try to keep strong yazrose xxx

My thoughts ,prayers and healing will be with your Mum and whole family.
I know just how worrying it is when your Parents are ill and in hospital.
I am convinced that the thoughts and prayers of my friends on here have brought my Dad back to us on at least two different occasions , both times the Drs had given him up for dead but he is still with us and going strong, getting out to walk the dog every day and still doing his garden.
It never fails to amaze me how generous people are here.
Good luck for Tuesday and please let us know how she is once it is all over.
Karen

Prayers and healing thoughts going your way for both of you. Keeping all things possible crossed. LL

Thank you everyone for your replies and I have to be honest and say I am totally carping myself.

Mum is terrified and not looking forward to going as is natural.

Spent many hours crying and saying silent prayer myself.

Thank you xx

I do hope that today has gone as well as can be expected and that your Mum is back from theater and well on her way to being recovered. I have been thinking of you all day today and you will both be in my on going thoughts and prayers which will be with her and you for the next few days.
Karen

Thank you all so much

Mum is ok and is in High Dependency Unit, her blood pressure is a little high but not worrying and heartrate a little low but that's normal for mum and they have given her something to stop her heartrate dropping even further.

She has had both eyes done today as the surgeon did not want to stress her body out by having her undergo further surgery in a few weeks time on her right eye.

Her blood pressure was low this morning on arrival to hospital and they didn't know if the surgeon would risk it, but he decided they would take her under, do her left eye, see how she reacts to the anaesthetic and if she is fine they will do both eyes, if not they will leave the right eye altogether.

As look would have it she was fine and they did both eyes

The eye doctor will be going to HDU tomorrow morning to see her eyes and he will decide if she can go home or go to a ward for 24 hours.....HDU said they don't normally discharge patients home from HDU so will will see what happens tomorrow

So happy she is fine and was awake, sleepy but awake, and talking when we visited her this evening

I can't thank everyone enough for keeping her your thoughts xx

So pleased for you, I hope she continues to heal well and enjoys a happy Christmas with you!xx

Delighted with your news yazrose, hope you can now have a nice peaceful Christmas without anymore stress....

Yeahh great news and I`m so pleased your Mum is well onto the road to recovery.

Latest posts

Back