Guaranteed posting dates? I think NOT

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Ideal are currently saying that they are guaranteeing Christmas delivery, right up to 22nd December. Looking on Royal Mail's advice, the last recommended posting day for 1st class is the 20th. The only way anything from IW will guarantee be there with you for xmas is either Special delivery which is £5.95 for an envolope sized item, or a courier. Would be interesting to email IW and ask what method of delivery they will be using for items placed on the 22nd, with supposedly guaranteed delivery for Christmas day?

hate, Hate, hate, hate, hate these shysters doing this every year, anything for a sale!!!!!!!!!

Could have been last year if i remember rightly, they were selling TomTom's, to be delivered by Christmas still at 3pm on the 23rd, I remember watching the hour, it was Howard presenting, he kept saying well if you order this by 4pm i think it was, you will get it tommorrow. If anybody is another point.

I think he said the Couriers, were awaiting the parcels outside the warehouse so maybe

Ideal are currently saying that they are guaranteeing Christmas delivery, right up to 22nd December. Looking on Royal Mail's advice, the last recommended posting day for 1st class is the 20th. The only way anything from IW will guarantee be there with you for xmas is either Special delivery which is £5.95 for an envolope sized item, or a courier. Would be interesting to email IW and ask what method of delivery they will be using for items placed on the 22nd, with supposedly guaranteed delivery for Christmas day?

hate, Hate, hate, hate, hate these shysters doing this every year, anything for a sale!!!!!!!!!

Last time I ordered something from Ideal world it was delivered by a courier. IIRC, everything I've bought from Ideal World has been.

Couriers set their own delivery dates. Nothing to do with Royal Mail.

You wrote: "Would be interesting to email IW and ask what method of delivery they will be using for items placed on the 22nd..."

Why haven't you done that if it interests you so much?

I think you're ranting just for the sake of it.

Yes I pointed out that a courier would be the other way and I do know that couriers set their own delivery dates.
Not at all ranting for the sake of it. I have frequented these forums since they began eons ago, and am sick to the back teeth of coming on here 24th, 25th 26th of December with people having parcels "guaranteed for xmas" not arrived at all, some still not arrived into January. Its very easy for presenters to say "guaranteed xmas delivery" and "trust us" but it is incredibly annoying that year after year after year people fall for it and get stung. yes i do realise lots of people DO get their parcels on time, but as someone who recently sent something with Parcelforce 24, guaranteed 24 hour delivery service, for the parcel to not arrive for 48 hours, I find it very upsetting that IW aren't being a little more careful with what they promise people, good loyal people. I have written and still no response, hey sure, if they are going to courier everything out to customers then woohoo and I will be incredibly happy to be wrong, but from experiences on here, things have just been royal mail 1st class, even this close to Christmas. We shall wait and see.......

I do remember them saying last Christmas, they had Couriers on standby, at there premises, but on the final day u had to order by 4pm, im guessing that was so the courier could leave peterborough say 5 or 6, which would give warehouse enough time, to get cards verified and boxed up, so that tthey could be delievered, on Christmas eve, but you wouldnt wanna risk would you

Oh, just to add, despite a huge advert on this website stating 'guaranteed Christmas delivery - 9pm 22nd Dec, if you read the small print on their website, they state that
anything ordered between 9pm 21st and 9pm 22nd, they cannot guarantee delivery for christmas but 'try'.
perhaps adjust the advert? Misleading? Who would dare think such a thing :(

The only way anything from IW will guarantee be there with you for xmas is either Special delivery which is £5.95 for an envolope sized item, or a courier.

And that is what they do - usually stuff comes via Hermes couriers...so certainly looks like you are are have a moan for no reason.

I ordered a tablet from IW last year on Friday 21 December just before midnight and it was delivered on Christmas Eve morning but it was specifically advertised that it was Special Delivery and cost £9.99. I don't think I would personally take the chance of ordering anything now if I needed it for Christmas unless it was Special Delivery but that's just my opinion.

I've ordered quite a few things from IW this year and everything has arrived within 3 days by courier. They've also responded to an email reporting a problem with an item within 24 hours. My experience of their customer service has out shone award-winning QVC so I'd have more confidence in their Christmas delivery promises than Q's. But as I say I can only cite my own experience of both companies.

I ordered an item on Tuesday and it arrived yesterday.I must say I ordered items last year around this time and everything was delivered before Christmas.

Never had a problem with IW deliveries even at Xmas , Where as Qvc look like the have cocked up there Green seasons hampers again , even though people ordered them months in advanced , On Q FB someone has just been told there was a technical error and there order cant be fulfilled, this is coming from the company that's just come second in the most trusted Brands survey lol.

You can order upto 10pm At Very/Littlewoods on 23rd and get Xmas eve delivery so its very possible IW can deliver

I ordered the Phillips air fryer and it stated guaranteed Xmas delivery Sunday - this morning (23rd Dec) i received dispatch note to say it shipped this morning.

Looking at my ideal world account it says delivered by 27th Dec.

Do you think it will arrive xmas eve as promised?
Hermes are not the fastest of couriers!

I think they said items marked with guaranteed delivery by christmas was for those items marked with the sign, and you had until 8am this morning to order them.

The Philips Air Fryer has been on sale today, hope you got it for the sale price, and not the full one

My Phillips fryer arrived before 9am Xmas Eve so well impressed with IW's service.

First purchase and not my last if the service stays the same.

Yes Jazzydrury i got it at the sale price and delivered for a pound.

Latest posts

Back