Favourite quote of 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
From Steve MacDonald during a stint on Price-Drop, when questioned more closely by Yolisa about his claim to have been a grafter since his youth..."Yeah, I worked on the fairground rides when I was 13"...ahh, once a carnival huckster, always a ....!!

For me it's sally jaxx, during bids birthday

"we are 13 years old and that proves we can't have done anything wrong"

For me it's sally jaxx, during bids birthday

"we are 13 years old and that proves we can't have done anything wrong"

yep, for me that's the golden goose! and she looked like she meant it with the most genuine look on her face too! :grin:

There's quite literally hundreds to pick from...

Multiple presenters have said this line this year: "I really hope the people from *insert brand* aren't watching now! They would be furious if they knew how much we were selling this for!" - particularly amusing when the brand is Sexy Shoo, Christian Lars or Rene Valente...

There's quite literally hundreds to pick from...

Multiple presenters have said this line this year: "I really hope the people from *insert brand* aren't watching now! They would be furious if they knew how much we were selling this for!" - particularly amusing when the brand is Sexy Shoo, Christian Lars or Rene Valente...

I'm hoping 2014 will be a breakthrough year for Rene Valente, much like 2013 was owned by Rosa Benini.

It should be an exciting ride.

Can't remember the exact quote from Debbie, but she was chatting away, nearly jumped out of her skin when she was interrupted by a klaxon.
"Don't mind me, but I was speaking then..."

My favourite quote year in year out is the same..........'this is an absolute bargain'

I'm hoping there's some favourite quotes of 2014 soon, like 'this is my very last evening shift today'.

I'll let you guess who I'm hoping says it :mysmilie_8:

So many to choose from...

'' well done '' ( for what? we've not won a competition, Aldi don't say well done when you make a purchase.)

James Russells overuse of the words 'myriad', 'genres', and 'wow'

''buy it, just buy it''

''try the smaller size'' ( or the larger size, whichever they have the most stock of )

Last edited:
My personal favourite just making it at the last bit of 2013 on NYE - Mike Mason - "Let me tell you what steam is" - yes it is true I saw it!!
A. Hodgson to Chalie Charleston a few months ago - "Would you prefer to work on the radio? I can make it happen". What a tool. :headbang::headbang:

Any number of presenters pushing their index finger into the opened palm of their other hand while pleading to camera ' Press 1 Now and its yours!'

'Style, quality, innovation-that's what (insert made up designer sounding name) are all about'.

Also 'decadent' has become the new 'stunning' a meaningless default adjective for the presenters to spew out when they can't think of anything to say.

'Style, quality, innovation-that's what (insert made up designer sounding name) are all about'.

Also 'decadent' has become the new 'stunning' a meaningless default adjective for the presenters to spew out when they can't think of anything to say.

Also "oppulence"

and don't forget my personal favourite
'dress it up, dress it down, wear heels or flats, boots or tights, a little black dress or jeans/leggings, accessorise with statement jewellery or discreet pieces, this is ageless if you're in your 20's 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's
I love that everything they sell is so versatile!!

and don't forget my personal favourite
'dress it up, dress it down, wear heels or flats, boots or tights, a little black dress or jeans/leggings, accessorise with statement jewellery or discreet pieces, this is ageless if you're in your 20's 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's
I love that everything they sell is so versatile!!

90 year olds must be so upset that bid isn't catering for them...

My quote of the year came from Salleh, she was presenting "ladies night" at the time, I'm sorry I don't remember it word for word but it went something like this.......

"Why don't you invite the some of the girls round for a "shopping night" , get some snacks in, pop open a bottle of wine and tune in to us - you're sure to have a great laff and find some great bargains!"

Really Salleh? My mates would worry about me if I suggested a night like that round my house (and quite rightly so)..and can you imagine it...".Baggsy the computer, I'll use the landline (I'm not paying the bill teehee!)"...."I'm not using my mobile, it's too expensive...you got a laptop? - I just HAVE to have that Rozzer Bennini"...."I saw it first and there's only 300 left, hurry up on that phone will you Beryl?"

This is so much more fun that a real shopping trip isn't it girls - we'll have to do this more often!!!!

My quote of the year came from Salleh, she was presenting "ladies night" at the time, I'm sorry I don't remember it word for word but it went something like this.......

"Why don't you invite the some of the girls round for a "shopping night" , get some snacks in, pop open a bottle of wine and tune in to us - you're sure to have a great laff and find some great bargains!"

Really Salleh? My mates would worry about me if I suggested a night like that round my house (and quite rightly so)..and can you imagine it...".Baggsy the computer, I'll use the landline (I'm not paying the bill teehee!)"...."I'm not using my mobile, it's too expensive...you got a laptop? - I just HAVE to have that Rozzer Bennini"...."I saw it first and there's only 300 left, hurry up on that phone will you Beryl?"

This is so much more fun that a real shopping trip isn't it girls - we'll have to do this more often!!!!

Speaking of Sally she was selling one of those base metal pieces with a microscopic diamond earlier today. Her pitch was one of amazement at the price, no reference whatsoever to the size of the diamond dust and reminding the guys it's not too far to Valentines Day. It was diamond this, diamond that, diamond diamond DIAMOND!

Then just minutes later cue Ben Moseby on PD selling a similar item, he was very candid about the tiny diamond weight and made it totally clear what you were getting. I still find Ben way over the top and hysterical these days but it's a good comparison to highlight just how grubby Our Sally's pitches sometimes are these days.

one of the best came from Dirty Peter just now selling a nameless, unheard of hair care trio with £39.99 on the screen
he said (as usual) 'you'd pay a lot of money for this' and then commented on the value with 'there's no sales pitch here, I'm telling it like it is' priceless
yeah right Pete, of course you don't use a sales pitch my love, he must think we're completely stupid to ever believe he'd 'tell it like it is'

one of the best came from Dirty Peter just now selling a nameless, unheard of hair care trio with £39.99 on the screen
he said (as usual) 'you'd pay a lot of money for this' and then commented on the value with 'there's no sales pitch here, I'm telling it like it is' priceless
yeah right Pete, of course you don't use a sales pitch my love, he must think we're completely stupid to ever believe he'd 'tell it like it is'

And they eventually sold it for £33 all in.

Incredible, I honestly despair at some of his buyers.

Latest posts

Back