Liz Earle - Instant Boost Skin Tonic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper
Opened a new bottle of LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic this morning - thought it smelt a bit funny (if you speak to LE direct they will just say its the "natural ingredients" and harvest of the products at different times of the year !!).

However, when I checked the ingredient list on the back of the bottle all the ingredients are different.

It's essentially the same, but the ingredients have had a reshuffle !! Some of the ingredients at the bottom of the list are now near the top and the "natural" ingredients are near the bottom.

I have used LE since the beginning and this new batch doesn't smell nice at all. It also made my face tingle and made my eye sting.

Oh no I don't like the sound of that. I really like the Instant Boost Skin Tonic - the smell is lovely and I've never had a reaction to it. I have just looked at the Liz Earle website, and the ingredient listing for the tonic is indeed in a different order. I wonder if there is anything missing that was in the original. Why do firms mess with products that are successful? I presume they are trying to save money. I hate it when I pick up an item I have bought before, and liked, only to find the words 'new and improved' on it. It usually isn't.

They are no doubt saving money, but of course will tell you its for allergy or safety reasons.

Remember the almond milk which is a very expensive ingredient being removed from C&P? Then the Coco Butter a much cheaper ingredient being boosted up. That was just in case of allergies, yet coco butter is well known for clogging pores.

I could use the old C&P but not now.

Sadly this is what I expected would happen when LE sold out to Avon. I used to buy nothing but LE but now I don`t touch it. The items are listed in percentage order, those at the top of the list being in the highest percentage, those at the bottom in the lowest percentage and once they start rejigging the quantities that`s when the whole formula changes. I`ve never been able to use any Avon skincare but do like some of their bodycare items, I can`t use any of their makeup either and have sensitive skin. Nowadays I doubt LE would be good for my face because it`s obviously being "Avon-ified" and that`s such a pity because it used to be such a good brand.

I definitely think this was just a matter of time, someone had commented on the liz earle facebook page that the ingredient listing of the deep cleansing mask had changed and liz earle confirmed it has but the website hasn't been updated yet. I use the mascara and lash base which I love, the blusher powder version and eye pencils and they are post avon so the formulations are probably going to remain but I'm glad I don't use any of the skincare now as it would be so sad to buy something you rely on only to find its changed and not as good and I can't imagine the changes will improve things

Opened a new bottle of LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic this morning - thought it smelt a bit funny (if you speak to LE direct they will just say its the "natural ingredients" and harvest of the products at different times of the year !!).

However, when I checked the ingredient list on the back of the bottle all the ingredients are different.

It's essentially the same, but the ingredients have had a reshuffle !! Some of the ingredients at the bottom of the list are now near the top and the "nIatural" ingredients are near the bottom.

I have used LE since the beginning and this new batch doesn't smell nice at all. It also made my face tingle and made my eye sting.

This happened to my mum quite a few years back, about 6 years, she was in hospital and had taken a small spray bottle of the Skin Tonic in with her and was surprised to find it smelt totally different. She contacted Liz Earle and got the same excuse you got Tabatha!!!

Latest posts

Back